Use a toothbrush with your child’s favorite character
Be it images of superheroes or cute animals in cartoons, … will encourage children to like holding their toothbrush more. The kids will have a lot of funi the pictures are colorful and lovely tmoan will automatically find his toothbrush every night.
However, besides choosing decorative activities that make children love, you should choose toothbrushes with soft and comfortable bristles for users to avoid making children afraid and do not want to brush their teeth anymore.
Play a song when your child brushes his teeth to create a fun atmosphere. Create a conditioned reflex for children to “brush teeth – listen to music”.
Plus, you can choose songs or cut the music yourself so it’s about 2-3 minutes long, which is the same length as your dentist’s recommended brushing time. Children brush their teeth – music is on – music is over – they can finish brushing their teeth. This tip will build the habit of brushing teeth at the right time (2-3 minutes) in the child’s subconscious.
Create excitement for your baby
Please Create a sense of fun when your baby brushes his teeth by playing and talking with your child. Your baby will feel excited and look forward to every brushing hour to come. Every time you brush your teeth like that, you can teach them about the right ways to brush their teeth and the effects of brushing. Talk to your child about tooth decay so that he or she has a greater sense of self-awareness in maintaining oral hygiene.
- While brushing teeth with the baby, parents can imitate funny animals or funny actions to make the baby laugh. This makes the baby feel comfortable and excited every time they brush their teeth.
- Parents can hang pictures of children brushing their own teeth, pictures of decayed teeth, etc. on the wall of the bathroom and show them that brushing their teeth will make them more beautiful, eat better, and if they don’t brush, they will have black teeth. , ugly.
- In addition, the mother can teach the child to brush his teeth while singing: “This tooth eats cake, this tooth eats candy, this tooth eats rice, this tooth eats porridge” … that is, list all the things that the child has eaten during the day, if If it’s too little, add: “Beat the worm in here, beat its leg so it won’t get in here”… Just like that, the baby brushed his teeth thoroughly and was very interested, after 1-2 times without asking his mother. again.
Choose your child’s favorite toothpaste flavor
There are many types on the market toothpaste for kids with a full range of flavors. However, your kids also love a toothpaste that makes a good impression on them. These creams will create interest and habits for children to brush their teeth every day.
So pay close attention and ask your child which toothpaste he or she likes. Because your baby will love the taste of toothpaste and get used to brushing.
Contract with children
Promise your kids that if they can brush their teeth properly in a week, you’ll give them a 30-minute game, a story book, a toy, etc. or anything else you can think of to help them. “contract” with the child.
This method not only encourages children to create a habit of brushing their teeth, but also forms a child’s discipline and a positive mind-set: When you want something, you have to work hard to get it. A double job, so good, isn’t it!
Patience is an example for children
Show that brushing your teeth is fun and beneficial to your health by brushing your own teeth every day with pleasure in front of your children, they will learn from their parents and care about them. more dental problems.
Try to make it a habit to brush your child’s teeth in a gentle way. If the child has a strong objection or reaction such as crying or struggling, you should stop and do it in another way such as showing him movies, clips about brushing teeth, or inviting an older child to brush his teeth with him. baby every morning, then parents do it with him every night… This is a job that takes a lot of your energy and is a real challenge. Test of patience. Smart children who oppose their mother also often observe your attitude and so be consistent, guide them wholeheartedly, do not be too hasty.
So, guide and teach your child the habit of brushing his teeth by setting an example for him. your patience It will make children understand more about the importance of cleaning their teeth instead of being irritable and annoyed when children refuse to brush their teeth. Use soft lacing to tie you tight!
Soak the brush in warm water
As you know, it is very important to use a soft bristle brush for children. Not only does it help protect your child’s gums, but it also makes them more interested in brushing.
If you feel the bristles are not soft enough, please nSoak them in warm water for a few minutes before brushing to soften the bristles even more.
Learn about the health and psychology of children when they avoid brushing their teeth
Maybe it’s not because your child is lazy to brush his teeth, but for some other reason such as a problem with psychology and healthmouth: because of heat, children’s teeth hurt, swollen gums, bleeding when brushing teeth … making children afraid of brushing teeth.
Therefore, it is important to closely observe the child’s oral health, not only teach them to brush their teeth, but also take them to the dentist regularly to check for dental problems. So find the right causes to overcome the avoidance of brushing teeth in children more effectively.
Create habits for children
Parents should apply brushing method for children when I was a kid To make brushing your own teeth easier:
- Before your baby is teething: Use a clean cloth or gauze to rub your baby’s gums right after eating. This helps the baby adapt to the irritated gums like when brushing his teeth later
- When your baby has teeth: Usually when the baby has 5-8 teeth, parents can use a small brush with soft bristles to gently rub the baby’s gums every day after eating. At this time, the baby is used to the stimulation of the gums, so it will be easier for parents to clean the baby’s teeth
- Children from 3 years old: Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your child’s teeth. Remind your child to brush their teeth daily and at a fixed time. For example after eating and before going to bed. Remind children to remember if they are busy playing.