Means of going to Bai Dinh pagoda
Ninh Binh is an important traffic intersection, with 9 national highways (including 6 starting national highways and 3 passing national highways) spread out evenly across all districts, cities and towns in the province, so transportation is convenient. The best way to come to Ninh Binh is through the road transport system.
- If you depart from Hanoi, you can travel by bus to save money. Currently, the density of passenger cars in the day running on the Hanoi – Ninh Binh route is quite dense, so you can rest assured to call a passenger car for travel activities. Bus tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh range from 60.000 to 90.000 VND/person. From Ninh Binh bus station, you can take a taxi or bus to go to Bai Dinh pagoda.
- You can also use motorbikes to depart to Ninh Binh to explore the scenic Trang An – Bai Dinh pagoda (from Hanoi to Ninh Binh 80km along National Highway 1A). This type of vehicle is suitable for young people who are passionate about traveling. Currently, the road is very easy to travel so you can only take 2-3 hours to reach Ninh Binh. However, to ensure the safety of the journey, you need to pay attention to the turns that are very slippery and easy to fall when it rains, and should bring full identification when participating in traffic.
- Ninh Binh has Tam Diep – Ninh Binh urban axis located on the North-South railway line. In the province, there are Ninh Binh stations, Cau Yen stations, Ghenh stations and Dong Giao stations. Therefore, whether you are in the South or outside the North, you can easily come to Ninh Binh by Thong Nhat train. From Hanoi, there are SE1 trains (19:30) to Ninh Binh at 21:46, SE3 train (22:00) to Ninh Binh at 0:10, SE5 train (9:00) to Ninh Binh at 11:21, SE7 train (6:00) to Ninh Binh at 8:22. If departing from Saigon, trains arrive in Ninh Binh mostly at a rather late hour, the only suitable train that you should take is SE8, which departs from Saigon station at 6:00 and arrives in Ninh Binh at 13:15 today. after.
If you choose to go on your own, you should take the initiative to leave early about 05-06 am, arrive in Ninh Binh around 07h00 – 08h00 to have the most comfortable time to visit and rest. In addition, you can choose to follow the Bai Dinh – Trang An package tour to save money.
Eating and drinking at Bai Dinh Trang An
Ninh Binh has many delicious dishes that attract diners. Some typical dishes you should try when coming here include:
- Ninh Binh mountain goat meat It is characterized by firmness, low fat and aromatic taste. It is said that this is because in Ninh Binh there are many rocky mountains, goats run and jump a lot, so their muscles are firmer and less fat than goats grazing on the hills. On the other hand, with the typical terrain of flooded limestone mountains, there are many types of vegetables, grass, and herbs suitable for goat food such as gai gai, yellow leg, cypress, ozo, lime, cow’s hoof. , gourd, gourd, gourd, rat snout, snout, gooseberry, create the quality and delicious taste of goat meat.
- Ninh Binh burnt rice: Burnt rice is not a traditional dish of Ninh Binh people, but created by a son of the ancient capital and kept and developed until now. A rustic dish, showing the ingenuity of human hands, has been handed down for hundreds of years, becoming a specialty of the ancient capital, one of the famous delicacies of Ninh Binh.
- Kim Son fish salad: Every 2 months when it rains, it’s the season to go fishing. The frogfish is in the same family as the eel, but the frog lives in slightly salty water (tuberculosis) and brackish water (character frog). The tuber larva is large and horizontal, and the slug is long. Driftfish resembles an eel in length, but is similar in width to an eel. The frogfish has several meters long, the small one is 3-4 ounces, the big one weighs up to a kilogram. The fish is slippery and fierce, so it is not easy to catch. The salad here is served with a variety of vegetables and spices such as fig leaves, guava leaves, clove leaves, sesame buds, apricot leaves, star fruit, and leaves. People wrap the leaves into a funnel, put the meat in it, brush with water, add a few grains of white salt, a few slices of dried onion and maybe add a slice of fresh chili and then wrap it up.
- Ninh Binh mountain snailThis species of mountain snails in Ninh Binh is extremely rare because they only live in caves, it is not until the rainy season from April to August that mountain snails crawl out to find food and reproduce. Mountain snails are found in most places in Ninh Binh province, but are concentrated in the limestone mountains of Tam Diep, Yen Mo and Nho Quan, Hoa Lu. Mountain snails are very difficult to detect, people often have to get up early in the morning when snails crawl out of the cave to find food and catch them. Mountain snail meat is tough, crispy, sweet, fragrant with traditional medicine. Mountain snails can be processed into many dishes such as grilled, fried with tamarind, steamed with ginger, boiled and drained, mixed with onion salad… all very attractive.
- Cuc Phuong Curry Chicken: Cuc Phuong curry chicken has long been a specialty livestock species of Nho Quan district (Ninh Binh), this chicken is raised in the mountainous area of Cuc Phuong, with suitable climate and natural conditions, so the meat is fragrant and delicious. Delicious, very popular.
- General Truong perch
- Dong Giao pineapple
- To Nhu sprout vermicelli
- Nho Quan ant egg sticky rice
- Van Long grilled banana fish.
Ninh Binh specialties bought as gifts: In addition to the delicious dishes in Ninh Binh that you can enjoy during your journey to discover the ancient capital, Ninh Binh also has many specialties that you can buy as gifts for family and friends.
- Yen Mac sour spring rolls
- Gia Vien shrimp paste
- Grape wine
- Kim Son sticky rice wine
- Hoang Long Potato
Costumes to wear when traveling to Bai Dinh
Traveling in a spiritual place full of historical and cultural values like Bai Dinh – Trang An, visitors should equip themselves with the knowledge to make the trip as perfect as possible.
A few important notes that travelers should keep in mind are:
- Bai Dinh Tourism In spring there are occasional light drizzles, so visitors should prepare small umbrellas in case. Besides, traveling in the summer, don’t forget to prepare sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat to avoid tanning!
- Costumes when traveling to Bai Dinh Mostly comfortable but polite attire. When going to the temple, you should not dress fancy, cumbersome and too flashy. Recently, the innovative ao dai that is both discreet, gentle and cleverly exalted the beauty is the perfect choice for young people who want to take beautiful pictures in the temple scene. You should also not bring high heels, but instead, soft-soled shoes for easy movement.
Ticket price to visit Bai Dinh Trang An
In order to prepare for a convenient visit to Trang An Ninh Binh, in addition to referring to tours related to Trang An, accommodation, attractions in Ninh Binh … the ticket price is also what tourists are interested in. At many attractions, the next year’s ticket price may change compared to the previous year, so accurate update of current ticket price in Trang An is also necessary information before each journey.
For families with elderly people and children, instead of walking, you should choose a tram to travel because Bai Dinh campus is very spacious.
Ticket price for Bai Dinh Pagoda spiritual tourist area:
- Tram ticket: 60.000 VND/person
- Tickets to visit the Stupa: 50.000 VND/person
- Tour guide ticket price: 300.000 VND/tour
Ticket price for Trang An 2021:
- Adults over 1,3m tall: 250.000 VND / 1 person
- Children from 1m – 1,3m: 120.000 VND / 1 child
- Children under 1m: free
- Private boat tickets (surveys, music videos, filming…): 1.250.000 VND/boat (Boats go to places on request, no need to follow the usual route)
- One boat can carry up to 4-5 people depending on weight (visitors need to follow the instructions of the boat stowage department to ensure traffic safety on the river)
- (Ticket price includes ferry fee and sightseeing fee)
Rest in Bai Dinh
If you only go to Bai Dinh for a day, you probably don’t need to care about what hotels or motels in Bai Dinh do. However, for those of you who want to visit many places in Ninh Binh and Bai Dinh is only one of the destinations, you may be interested in staying here. Hostels or hotels are still the first choice of tourists when spending the night in Bai Dinh.
Currently, in Bai Dinh, there are a number of motels and hotels with moderate prices, suitable for many tourists such as:
- Ocean Guest House. Address: DT477, Gia Lap, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 097 682 97 20
- Tam Family Homestay. Address: Hamlet 5 Bai Dinh Pagoda, Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 096 287 53 35
- Van Long Garden. Address: Gong Vo hamlet, Gia Hoa commune, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 098 531 92 95
- Hoang Hai Hotel. Address: Hamlet 4, Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 098 666 01 81
- Thien Phu Guest House. Address: 541 Nguyen Hue, Nam Binh, Ninh Binh. Phone: 0229 3889 333
- Ninh Binh Bamboo FarTaxay. Address: Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 0359 674 921
- Duc Hung Guest House. Address: Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 096 668 89 59
- Huong Tra Hotel. Address: Intersection Gian Khau, Gia Tran, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 3 0229 3833
- Garden Homestay. Address: Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh.
- Canh Tiep Homestay. Address: Hamlet 5, Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh. Phone: 098 602 21 72
Although the number of rooms is quite large, during the tourist season, it will be difficult for you to get a room if you do not book in advance. Therefore, before coming to Bai Dinh, you should actively call the motel or hotel to book a room.
Right in Bai Dinh pagoda, there is currently a hotel of Trang An Company, which can be considered as a small resort in the temple premises. The hotel has room types from normal to high-class rooms with relatively high prices. If you want a more economical solution, you can stay in some hotels or homestays of people right outside the temple.
Other notes when going to Bai Dinh pagoda
Other notes when going to Bai Dinh pagoda:
- Almost, the products and goods in Bai Dinh pagoda are higher than outside, to save costs, you should buy things at the foot of the mountain.
- At the beginning of the year, the northern provinces, including Bai Dinh pagoda, often have drizzle. Therefore, you should bring an umbrella to cover the rain.
- Bai Dinh Pagoda is a large temple area, located on hills and mountains, so you should wear sports shoes instead of your daily high heels to move faster and more conveniently.
- Going to Bai Dinh pagoda or any temple, you should also bring change to both enter the temple ceremony and donate.
- Should put money in the merit box to create beauty for the temple.
- Bring some snacks, fruit and water. Because the journey to conquer Bai Dinh and Trang An pagodas will sometimes make you tired, but what you can admire is extremely worth it.
- Finally, do not forget to bring a camera or smartphone to capture beautiful photos and memorable moments in Bai Dinh – Trang An! Surely those will be beautiful memories that will make you smile later when you watch them again!
Choose the most suitable time to visit Bai Dinh
Every season Bai Dinh Pagoda has a unique beauty. The “golden” travel time is spring, from January to March of the lunar calendar. This is the time when the climate is cool and pleasant, and it is the time when many lucky activities and festivals of Bai Dinh Pagoda take place.
From January 6 every year, Bai Dinh Pagoda At the beginning of the festival, tourists from all over the world eagerly pilgrimage to Bai Dinh to participate in the festival and worship Buddha. However, if you travel in the spring at this time, you will face overcrowding and crowded, so you should plan your trip in detail early and actively buy the ceremony in advance to avoid being cut off. cut.
If you want to learn more about Bai Dinh Pagoda As well as enjoying comfortably, you should avoid going in the festival season, traveling in the early spring of the year. Summer and autumn are also quite suitable times for tourists who like purity, not crowded, not stuffy and want to learn about the architecture and culture here.
Attractions in Bai Dinh
Bai Dinh Pagoda is a spiritual landscape located in the complex of Bai Dinh – Trang An eco-tourism area with a history of more than 1000 years associated with the land of many feudal dynasties from the Dinh, Tien Le dynasties. The Ly Dynasty. The places to visit in Bai Dinh pagoda can be visited as:
New Bai Dinh pagoda area
- Foreign Threesome: Bai Dinh pagoda has 3 external entrances built high and wide, symbolizing 3 doors to enter the temple. Each of the three exterior doors has 3 doors, built with reinforced concrete and stone outside, with four small curved roofs with stone roofs above.
- Tam Quan NoiTam Quan Noi is built entirely of Tu Thiet wood, 16,5m high, 32m long, 13,5m wide. Tam Quan Noi has 4 female columns, each column is 13,85m high, 0,87m in diameter and weighs about 10 tons. Tam Quan Noi has 3 floors with curved roofs on four sides, roofed with dark brown Bat Trang glazed tiles. In the three doors, there are two bronze guardian statues, each 2m high and weighing 5,5 tons.
- Arhat CorridorThe Arhat Corridor is designed entirely of wood, the roof trusses are structured like a gong rack with a double bed, including 2 rows, 3.400m long with 250 compartments, each space is 4,5m x 4,5, 500m. Along the left and right corridors, XNUMX Arhat statues carved from monolithic stone are placed, crafted by artisans of Ninh Van stone village (Hoa Lu – Ninh Binh).
- Bell tower: The bell tower is built of reinforced concrete with imitation of wood, the architecture of the ancient bell tower, octagonal shape, has 3 curved roofs, roofed with dark brown Bat Trang glazed tiles. The bell tower is 22m high, 17m in diameter, bearing the shape of a lotus. Inside the bell tower hangs a 36-ton bronze bell, cast by artisans in Hue. The bell has been granted a certificate by the Vietnam Record Book Center with the record confirmation: “The largest bell in Vietnam”. Below the bronze bell, there is a bronze drum cast according to the Dong Son bronze drum model, weighing 13 tons, more than 6m in diameter, nearly 7m in height.
- Buddha TempleQuan The Am Bodhisattva is built entirely of wood, including 7 compartments, 14,8m high, 40,4m long, 16,8m wide. In the middle of the hall, there is a statue of Quan De Quan Am with thousands of eyes and thousand hands cast in gilded bronze, weighing 80 tons, 9,57m high. The statue has been certified by the Vietnam Book of Records Center as: “The largest bronze statue of Bodhisattva in Vietnam”.
- Release Lake:Phong Sinh Lake has a width of 63m, a length of 77m, an area of nearly 5000m2. In the lotus pond. Lotus is a symbol of Buddha and Nirvana. The lake below is yin, the pagoda above is yang. Therefore, Ho Phong Sinh creates a harmonious yin and yang, a beautiful scene of “pre-water and post-mountain”.
- Main electricity: The main temple of Bai Dinh pagoda worshiping Buddha was built entirely of reinforced concrete and imitation wood, very massive, majestic, nearly 30m high to the roof, 44,7m long, 43,3m wide, with an area of 1.945m, including 2 curved roof, with 8 roofs on four sides and a row of long necks to raise the height, get light and ventilation, the edge of the blade is up to l.3m high, the roof is 2,6m high, especially the moon face at the top of the roof is up to 4,4m high. 3,3m, XNUMXm high pliers.
- Triple voltage: Tam The Tower is also built of reinforced concrete with imitation of wood, with 3 curved roofs, including 12 roofs on four sides. All roofs are curved and covered with dark brown Bat Trang tube glazed tiles. The corners of the roof are curved up like a phoenix tail, making the roof winding, flexible and harmonious like tidal waves, like a boat floating on water, like two wings of a bird spreading to fly up.
- Maitreya Buddha Statue
- Stupa of Bai Dinh Pagoda
Ancient Bai Dinh Pagoda:
- Ancient Bai Dinh Pagoda (ancient Bai Dinh Pagoda) is located about 800 meters south of Tam The Palace of the new pagoda area. This temple area faces west, is located near the top of a fairly quiet mountainous area, consists of a front house in the middle, turns to the right is a morning cave to worship Buddha, then to the temple of Cao Son god at the end. the back door of the cave is bright; Turn to the left is the temple of Saint Nguyen and then to the dark cave to worship the mother and fairy. This place is located in the land that fully converges the elements of human genius according to the Vietnamese folk concept, that is, the land of the birth of the King, the birth of the Saint, the birth of the God. Although the pagoda area has a history dating back to the Dinh Dynasty with Cao Son temple in the west of Hoa Lu town, the ancient Bai Dinh pagoda has many architectural details and antiques bearing the bold imprint of the Ly dynasty.
- Light Cave – Dark Cave
- Temple of Saint Nguyen
- Temple of Cao Son god
- Well of jade