Pink eye is a common disease in both adults and children, the disease is easy to catch and outbreaks into epidemics in places where sanitation and clean water conditions are not guaranteed. During the rainy and flood season, the humid weather creates favorable conditions for bacteria and viruses to grow, along with the use of contaminated water, which is the cause of the increase in the number of people suffering from pink eye after storms. .
Pink eye disease can occur at any age, is highly contagious and causes epidemics through inhalation, or direct or indirect contact with infected eye rust. This is a benign disease, although not dangerous, but very easy to catch and easily spread in the community. However, sufferers need to see a doctor because there are some cases where there may be complications of irreversible vision loss.
- Always maintain personal hygiene, wash your hands often with soap and water. Use separate towels, pillows, and washbasins. Wash face towels with soap and clean water, dry towels in the sun daily. Do not rub your eyes with your hands.
Due to the fact that the limbs are soaked in water a lot, it is always wet, making the fungus penetrate and grow, often in the toes. At first, there are white dead skin patches, much itching, scratching peels off the dead skin layer, leaving a moist red, burning, itchy skin that continues to make the patient scratch and very painful. If left untreated, the ulcer is deep and widespread, infected, painful, and difficult to walk.
Water disease eats feet has expression with the Inflamed interstitial toe caused by the fungus Candida. The cause of this disease comes from the humid environment in between the toes that makes the fungus grow. In the rainy season, it is inevitable that you have to wade in the water, contact with dirty water on the road, and from there, dirty water comes into contact with the skin of your feet, creating conditions for bacteria and fungi to multiply faster. Especially for those who wear tight socks, wear shoes all day in a wet foot condition, it is easy to get interstitial inflammation due to wet skin. And more rain makes the disease worse. Symptom It is common for people with water to eat their feet red skin, bleeding, around the edge of the skin is pus white, less itchy, with a slight burning sensation, if the lesion lasts long, it causes itching and the discharge has a very unpleasant odor.
- Ensure hand and foot hygiene, do not wear socks, wear shoes for a long time, when shoes or socks are wet, take them off immediately. Wash your feet with soap and dry them after coming into contact with dirty water.
- Use an iodinated disinfectant such as Betadine, saline, and antifungal powders on the feet and between the toes.
At the present time of rainstorms and storms, the same polluted water environment, digestive diseases usually happen. The cause of digestive diseases is due to an imbalance between beneficial bacteria and harmful bacteria in the intestinal tract (eating unhygienic, undercooked, boiling…). The disease usually does not require medication and can be cured or reduced on its own. The most important thing is to help patients have a reasonable diet, combine with daily exercise and have a comfortable mental life.
Diarrhea is a fairly common digestive disease, many people encounter in rainy days. This is an infectious disease spread through the digestive tract, caused by bacteria. If you have this disease, quickly go to the nearest medical facility to be examined by a doctor.
- Let’s eat cooked drink boiled for the prevention of digestive diseases. Also, make it a habit to wash your hands before eating or after using the toilet. Diarrhea is a completely preventable disease if we know how to maintain good hygiene.
During the rainy and stormy season, due to poor sanitation, the environment and water sources are polluted and contain many disease-causing bacteria. Some common skin diseases in the rainy season such as ringworm, scabies, folliculitis, foot water (caused by parasitic fungi), rashes, etc. Common allergic areas include back, hands and feet.
Reason Skin allergies in the rainy season are often caused by rainwater containing many microbiological chemical elements that rainwater has absorbed during the exchange in the atmosphere. The current environment is heavily polluted, dust and impurities rising in the atmosphere also converge with clouds. When it rains, it means the distribution of these impurities, dirt and pollution. That is the reason why at the beginning of the rainy season, many people have skin allergies. Over time, the heavier the rain, the more rain, the more continuous, the level of danger will gradually decrease. Even so, the cause remains uncertain as the disease can originate from a variety of sources.
- It is best to avoid sun exposure as much as possible. For those who have no choice but to go out in the sun, there are many medications and laser therapies available to treat this condition. Antihistamines are central to treatment, although finding the real culprit is important in recurrent cases. Make sure you consult a dermatologist before choosing a treatment.
According to Doctor Hoang Dinh Huu Hanh, currently working at the Respiratory Care Center – University of Medicine and Pharmacy Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City. In Ho Chi Minh City, when the rains come suddenly, it will cause the temperature to drop, which is also the time when bacteria will be active and “attack” on the human respiratory system. Some diseases we are likely to encounter in the respiratory tract during the rainy season are: cold, headache, sore throat, pneumonia… Among them, the subjects most susceptible to respiratory diseases are children under 10 years old due to immature immune systems, and elder because the immune system is already weakened.
In addition to colds, respiratory diseases such as: lung disease, bronchial asthma, bronchiectasis … Prevention of respiratory diseases includes many measures, mainly you need to avoid factors such as: Don’t smoke, avoid secondhand smoke: Smoking and passive smoking both make your respiratory system weaker. Doing this well will reduce the frequency of respiratory infections.
- To prevent diseases related to the respiratory tract, we need to strengthen the body’s immune system by supplementing with vitamin C, nutrient-rich foods such as meat, fish, milk… Also, Regularly drinking fresh ginger juice can also help you prevent colds and flu effectively. Preventing diseases in the rainy season is very important at this time
Joint pain, muscle pain
Along with rain, flood, cold wind, change of seasons, joint pain, muscle pain It is also a common disease, especially in people with a history of the disease. In rainy days, the cold weather causes peripheral blood vessels to reduce blood supply to peripheral organs including skin, muscles and joints, causing symptoms such as musculoskeletal pain, muscle stiffness in the shoulder area. nape, waist. Joint pain is the result of arthritis, degenerative joint disease. Patients always feel pain in joints such as hand joints, knee joints, shoulder joints… Not only pain, joints are also swollen, difficult to move, especially early in the morning.
- The best advice for everyone to prevent this disease in the rainy season is that you should practice sports. Exercise is considered a valuable medicine, very useful for human health and especially effective in reducing pain. In addition, you need to design yourself a reasonable diet: foods rich in vitamins C and E, calcium, drink a lot of water to maintain smoothness between joints.
Dengue is a very dangerous infectious disease that occurs a lot in the rainy season, which can be fatal if massive bleeding or cardiovascular collapse occurs. Currently, dengue fever has raged in 128 countries, with more than 3,9 billion people infected, accounting for 40% of the global population. In Vietnam, Mr. Nguyen Nhat Cam, Director of the Hanoi Preventive Medicine Center, said that compared to the same period in 2016, the number of dengue fever patients in Hanoi this year has tripled.
To prevent this disease, people need to kill mosquitoes and kill squirrels at the root. We must eliminate their breeding and growth places by cleaning and sealing all water containers and jars. When you go to sleep, you need to use a mosquito net and catch mosquitoes carefully. As soon as symptoms such as headache, vomiting, fever and cold should immediately go to the nearest medical center for examination and treatment.
- There is currently no specific treatment for dengue fever and no vaccine to prevent it. The current treatment of dengue fever is mainly aimed at treating symptoms. Therefore, it is necessary to cover all water containers to prevent mosquitoes from entering and laying eggs; sleep under nets, wear long clothes to prevent mosquito bites even during the day. When you have a fever, immediately go to a medical facility for examination and treatment advice. Do not self-treat at home.
The usual symptom of infection during the rainy season is folliculitis on the face (folliculitis), Acne. Skin infections are skin lesions with small papules protruding from the hair follicles, initially pink, then chronic, often slightly dark in color, each hair follicle is a papule. And yet, you are also easy to get pyoderma, interstitial disease. In addition, you can also see the phenomenon of blisters, pustules on the skin, concentrated in open areas such as the face, arms, legs, when broken, create ulcers, yellow or brownish scales on the surface, pulses and pulses. surrounded by scaly rim or red halo.
Reason This is because bacteria and fungi proliferate faster in the rainy season. Some people are more susceptible to infections because they sweat more, become dehydrated, and are more sensitive to sunlight and moisture. The cause of the disease often comes from poor hygiene conditions, poor food and drink… In the rainy season, this disease tends to increase more because in the rainy season because we often have to pay attention to cleaning and hygiene. in hot and humid weather. This inadvertently creates an opportunity for bacteria to grow on the skin.
- Always try to keep the body dry, avoid sweating a lot. Take frequent showers, be careful when using public restrooms. Drink enough 10-12 cups of water and use moisturizer for your skin.