Create excitement through game activities, motor activities
For students in grade 1, if they force them into the framework, they don’t like to learn, don’t have sympathy for the teacher, if they don’t create enthusiasm and interest to attract students, the quality of class time will not be high. And using games to create interest in learning is always an effective measure that elementary teachers should not ignore.
Example 1: Learning by notation.
Teaching reading language with “nh” sound. Let students pair “nh – a – nha” and they will get “nha”. Then the teacher determines the finger shape for the bar marks: left-tilted index finger – hypotenuse, right-tilted index finger – sharp mark, submerged index finger – question mark, horizontal curved index finger – tilde, curled index finger round heavy sign. Then she and her children made signs and then read the language. (There are many other symbols and she invented it herself to let students quickly recognize letters without having to write, read, read, ..)
Example 2: High-five wins.
The teacher reads the student’s writing “home” and then asks: “You guys spell it out yourself and compare the results with me, do you agree?”. (Of course “yes!”) The students will be interested in writing on their own, the teacher will write the sideboard in the opposite direction to the students. When the students finished writing, let them compare their writing to see if they wrote it correctly and wrote as well as she did. “Congratulations on your win!” The children will high-five you with the table to celebrate the victory. Have fun, ladies. With other words, the teacher reads them to the students, and then the students spell them out for her to write on the board for comparison. Changing the form like that, the class is not boring, the children are active, seeing themselves as good will be interested in learning.
There are many ways that the teachers have come up with to help create a happy classroom atmosphere, students can focus and study effectively without feeling pressured such as: Ring the yellow bell, Find the crossword, ….
Working closely with parents
Studying at school and practicing at home, this has never been unnecessary. For grade 1 children to quickly learn to read and write, teachers can combine with parents to apply in the following ways:
- The teacher weekly typed and told the students what to read at home, what sounds, what rhymes, and parents to help them with extra tutoring.
- The teacher types the learned sounds and rhymes in large font size for each child on each sheet, notes the children read 5-10 times a day depending on each weak student, the extra lessons require students to write rhymes on the board. children and look at.. Read many times the children will remember. And of course, do not forget to regularly contact parents to monitor the progress of their children’s learning at home (especially if students forget any sound, the teacher will send a note to parents to add).
Learn more from experienced teachers
In fact, grade 1 is the most difficult class to teach, so it requires a seasoned and experienced teacher. Teachers who have just graduated from school and teach grade 1 have to focus almost 100% of their energy, time and mind in order to put the class in order.
If you are a young teacher who just graduated from school, feel free to think, grade 1 students are not ignorant, it is important to educate them, praise, encourage, accumulate points, exchange gifts. For students who read slowly, learn only 1 word a day, continuously, every day, praise them even for the smallest change. And most importantly, giving lots of love will reap sweet fruits.
Along with that, don’t forget, learn from the experiences of the girls in the school. Increase class visits to attend exchange sessions with teachers of the same grade. Forge weak students at the beginning of the hour, at recess. At the end of the class, invite the parents of that student to come in and see how their child is learning and reading.
Action from the start
For students to read and write better, from the beginning, teachers should arrange time in class to let students practice spelling (with video tutorials) and let them read and write more new words (with a vocabulary system). according to each lesson), practice for students to practice reading as required: read aloud, read softly, read silently, read memorized (the teacher has his own sign to direct the children to read according to each request. For example: read aloud _ cup your hands wide in front of your mouth, read small _ cup your hands narrower, read silently _ point to your eyes, read memorize _ point to your head) to help students memorize the rhymes and sounds of the lesson that day and review them at the same time. many of the sounds and rhymes that have been learned.
Teachers need to change the position and order of reading words to avoid rote reading, reading from outside the book to avoid students looking at pictures, especially for students who listen to writing a lot, slow at first, then fast. If you listen and write correctly, you will definitely read correctly because writing words has shaped sounds to a higher level. If you let them recite and remember to write, the effect is much better.
Being a “lazy” teacher
Creating fun and excitement in learning is very important. When students have fun learning, they will not feel pressured and like to participate in learning activities, they feel like they are participating in fun activities. This job requires teachers to have good pedagogical capacity. In the teaching process, it is necessary to create a happy learning atmosphere, to motivate and encourage students in a timely manner. During the lesson, it is necessary to change the atmosphere to avoid boredom, especially teachers need to master the class and take the initiative in learning. both content and form of teaching, it is not necessary to teach according to the process. Teachers determine the goals to be met according to the Knowledge and Skills Standards or identify exceeding the standards with students with good learning ability and then boldly design learning activities in a way that they find effective.
There are some tips for teachers to flexibly organize Vietnamese lessons and “Be a lazy teacher” is also a measure worth your reference.
With familiar types of lessons, easy lessons, when starting to teach new lessons, teachers should not focus on teaching immediately, teaching by following the process, according to the predefined content of knowledge. Say:
– “The Rabbit can’t read this language, this word, can you help him?” So our naive 1st grader loves to help others focus right away on spelling, reading words, reading sentences, reading passages, etc. excitedly, as if they have just done a good deed. !
– “Please help me, this word is too difficult to read.” So they had fun playing the role of a hero again.
– “Perhaps I don’t need to teach this lesson, you will definitely read it, read it yourself and then raise your hand to check.” So the students enjoyed playing the role of a good student again. The children were very happy and proud when they were praised: “you are so good!”, “you are really superheroes!”, “you are so commendable!”, “Let’s go home and tell mom how good you are today!”,….
– When the children practice listening and writing, she asks: “You can help me with spelling!” It’s fun to help the teacher! After the children complete the lesson according to their ability, the teacher asks questions to consolidate knowledge, deepen the content and focus on forging students who are not fast.
Classify weak and weak students, and provide help
Whatever it is, in order to find a solution, one must know where the reason comes from, what the cause is. Same with the story of teaching 1st graders. It may be difficult, difficult, but once the teachers have found the cause and applied appropriate measures, perhaps this “question mark” will also be partially answered.
There are 4 main reasons leading to weak – poor in reading – writing in 1st graders:
- Due to family circuTaxances.
- Due to the loss of basic knowledge.
- Not aware of the task of studying, not studying hard.
- Due to limited cognitive ability.
Due to family circuTaxances: With grade 1 students, most families are very concerned about their children and especially now they study all day at school, so this cause rarely happens. Except for some cases where students do not live with their parents due to some reasons that may affect their psychology. In these cases, teachers need to learn to discuss with parents or grandparents so that the family can support and tutor in a timely manner. Teachers need to clearly communicate the necessary measures and actions to help students. In this case, the teacher is both a teacher; both mother and beloved; mobilize; encouragement, sometimes come to hold hands, or pat their heads, .. so they can feel the love when they come to class. From there, children will love and trust the person who leads and teaches them.
Due to loss of basic knowledge: In this case, it is necessary to make up work, teachers discuss with parents about time and support measures. With grade 1, students’ loss of basic knowledge is also limited because the amount of knowledge and learning time is not much, it is not difficult to make up for it.
Not aware of the task, not studying hard: Some children asked their parents: “What kind of job can I do in the future without learning to read?” or “Learning letters for what?” … Even if students do not mention this issue, teachers and parents also need to help them realize the benefits of knowing how to read and write so that they are motivated to study.
For example: The teacher asked: “When grandma comes over to play, I want to follow her to her house so that my parents know where I am going and don’t have to worry about looking, I will have to write a message to my parents again, if I don’t know. words, can you write? Now can I write a message – Mom and Dad, can I go to grandma’s house – okay?” or “I want to build a car or a superman, if I don’t know the words, can I read the instructions to assemble it?,….” Or the teacher can recommend a book and tell me what interesting content is in it, do you want to read it? Or tell your children the story “Good literature or words” about Mr. Cao Ba Quat’s writing practice, etc.
Therefore, teachers need to regularly motivate students to learn through stories so that they are interested in learning.
Due to limited cognitive ability:
- For those children who have a good perception but cannot read and write, the reason is that they do not pay attention in class, teachers pay little attention to changing the form of teaching and testing so that they have the opportunity to rote reading and In this case, teachers need to discuss with parents to supplement their knowledge in a timely manner by helping teachers and parents also support, just word for word for the children to practice reading, and actively read for them to write; Can tutor in class, private tutoring.
- For children with slow perception, difficulty remembering letters, slow spelling, poor pronunciation (for example, some children spell: c – a – ba), especially difficult to remember compound consonants (gh, ng, nh, …) and difficult to remember rhymes. In this case, it is necessary for them to practice spelling, reading and writing many words with the same sound and rhyme: for example, learning the sound “nh”, students write many languages, words with the sound “nh” (such as: home, Nha, Nha) , nha, leaf house, spit out, grape, hum, ..…), when they switch to another sound, they forget the old sound again, please persistently suggest that they spell to write, don’t yell at them to get hurt. confused but need encouragement, trust “You will try to remember, you will remember, write more”, … especially help children have a fulcrum to remember the sound (“nh – home”; “th – rabbit” , “gh – chair” , … means that every time you spell “nh” you will remember the “nh” in the word “home.” If you persevere like that, you will remember better.
- Teachers communicate with parents in such special cases to take supportive measures, can guide parents on how to teach spelling, share additional readings (new sentence words for each lesson on the page that have been taught). system) for parents to let their children practice many sounds and rhymes to help them memorize better. Because students are slow to perceive, teachers and parents let children read 3 to 5 words at a time, read it over and over, change the position so that the child remembers it well. In order for your child to remember better, if you can finish reading, remember to write the words right away and then continue to practice with other words (pay attention to word meanings, distinguish spelling if necessary). Teachers and parents try to persistently help children learn to read and write, to avoid letting them read and write poorly, but still going to class, they will become blind again.
Stabilize order first
Primary school students, especially grade 1 students, are hyperactive, like to imitate, free, not conscious, difficult to control themselves. Besides, due to the indulgence from some families, it leads to some children falling into a state of free study and no sense of discipline. To have a good class, stabilizing the order is always the first step. So how stable? Let Toplist tell you a few tips:
- Kindness, gentleness, sometimes strictness
- Let the children learn the rules in the classroom
- Students are only allowed to speak with permission
- Ask students to speak quietly
- Collaborate with parents
- Collaborate with subject teachers
- Cultivate discipline for students through reward and discipline
- Forge class discipline through class staff
- Be tolerant and accepting
Teachers can refer to this article for more information: https://toplist.one/top-list/bien-phap-ren-ne-nep-quan-ly-hoc-sinh-lop-mot-ma-giao-vien-chu-nhiem-nen-biet-26846.htm