Octopus dipped in vinegar
- 1kg baby octopus.
- ½ bottle of vinegar.
- 2 Siamese coconuts.
- Vegetables are fresh.
- Tomato, pineapple, onion, ginger, lemon, horn pepper, kumquat.
- Noodles or shrimp noodles (depending on the preferences of each family)
- Spices: monosodium glutamate, salt, sugar, mustard, seasoning seeds, fish sauce, cooking oil…
- Dip vegetables to your liking. Vegetables that can be dipped in vinegar with octopus: pumpkin cotton, angelica, straw mushrooms, …
- Step 1: Buy octopus, cut off the ink sacs, eyes and teeth, leave the whole body, wash it with dilute salt water. Next, smash the ginger, add wine and ginger, and squeeze it evenly to eliminate the fishy smell as well as remove the slime on the skin of the octopus. Wash again and dry. If you want the octopus to have a strong flavor, you can marinate it with more spices (a little pepper, monosodium glutamate, green onion, finely chopped ginger), mix well, cover with food wrap to keep it cool.
- Step 2: Preliminary preparation of vegetables: wash and cut onions about 0,5cm long, sliced tomatoes (depending on your preference, you can use sliced pineapple instead of tomatoes), lemongrass cut into chunks, chili peppers Siamese washed, removed seeds and then drained, celery peeled off, cut into pieces, garnished on a plate.
- Step 3: Dip octopus dipping sauce. Octopus dipping sauce can be green chili salt or kumquat salt combined with egg yolk. The article provides both recipes for you to choose from depending on your family’s preferences: With green chili salt: put chili, salt, sugar, seeded lemon juice in a blender, grind for about 10 seconds, then stop and then grind again, puree until the mixture is smooth. You can grind a little more lemon leaves to make the sauce more flavorful. With kumquat salt and egg yolk: Put salt, sugar, mustard, and yolk in a small bowl, beat, and water (put the mixture bowl in a pot of water, put it on the stove, so that the water does not overflow into the bowl). Beat until salt and sugar dissolve, forming a thick paste. Squeeze the juice of 1 seeded kumquats into the mixture, mix again until the mixture is dissolved, cook until the mixture boils, then turn off the heat. Chop two kumquats, lemon leaves, and horn peppers into the mixture. Finally, add the pepper, and mix well.
- Step 4: Prepare broth for dipping octopus and vegetables: First, put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan, add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and 1 thinly sliced lemongrass to stir until fragrant. Then, take the juice of 2 Siamese coconuts (if not enough, add water) mixed with 2 small bowls of vinegar, add sugar and smashed lemongrass root. When you taste the moderate sourness, aroma, and sweetness, put it on the stove and boil for 3-5 minutes. The broth boils, add the garlic that has just been fried into the pot and season with seasonings (fish sauce, ground pepper, seasoning seeds) and chopped onions just enough. Serve octopus, prepared vegetables, prepared dipping sauce to the table.
Sauteed Spicy Octopus
- 500g small octopus (or large octopus, about 2)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 6 green chili
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili powder Gochugaru
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Seasoning: sugar, soy sauce, pepper, cooking oil
- Step 1: Preliminary Processing of Oily Octopus: After buying octopus, you soak it in dilute salt water. If you buy frozen octopus, thaw it completely. Avoid soaking the octopus in water for too long. Remove the octopus and use scissors to cut off the intestines, eyes and teeth. Then, you put about 2 tablespoons of flour in the octopus and rub it well for 2 minutes. Next, you rinse the octopus under the tap until the oil is gone. You continue to blanch the octopus in boiling water for about 15 seconds, then take it out to drain. If the baby octopus is large, you should cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 2: Prepare Vegetables: Onion peeled, washed, cut areca. Peel carrots, wash and cut into bite-sized pieces. Sliced green chili.
- Step 3: Make Korean Spicy Sauce: You put 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 little pepper, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic in a bowl and mix well so that the spices dissolve and penetrate each other.
- Step 4: Stir-fry Octopus: Put the pan on the stove, add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, then add the octopus and stir-fry for about 1 minute, then pour it out and set aside.
- Step 5: Stir-fry Vegetables: Put another pan on the stove, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and then add the carrots and saute for 1 minute over high heat. Then add the onions and sauté for 1 more minute. Finally, add the chili and stir well for about 3-5 minutes.
- Step 6: Stir-fry Octopus, Vegetables And Sauce: You put the octopus into the frying pan of vegetables and pour the whole cup of sauce into it, mix well, cook for another 3 minutes for the spices to penetrate the octopus. You re-season to taste according to your taste and turn off the stove.
That’s it, you have completed the spicy Korean fried octopus dish!
Stir-fried octopus with lemongrass and chili
- 300g octopus
- 3 lemongrass plants
- 3 cloves of garlic, green onion, basil, chili
- Salt, sugar, cooking oil, fish sauce, monosodium glutamate, pepper…
- Buy octopus, remove the gallbladder, put the octopus in the basket, add a tablespoon of salt, rub it vigorously until the octopus gets rid of the slime, then wash it clean and dry. Cut the octopus into short pieces to taste. Peeled garlic, chopped chili; thinly grated lemongrass and minced. Basil, washed and drained
- Heat the pan, add 2 tablespoons of garlic oil until fragrant, then add the lemongrass and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Continue to stir-fry the octopus for about 5 minutes when the octopus is hunted, add a little fish sauce, sugar, monosodium glutamate, minced chili to the pan, season to taste. Then add the chopped scallions and cinnamon to the pan and stir well for about 2 minutes.
- Place the octopus on a plate, garnish with chopped chili, basil and sprinkle with a little pepper to taste.
Crispy octopus, mixed with the aroma of lemongrass, and the pungent taste of chili make the dish more attractive. You can use it with hot rice or make a weekend snack for your husband.
Steamed octopus with soy sauce
- 1 kg octopus
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 5 branches
- 5 branch of scallions
- 1/2 ginger root
- 1 natural chili
- Soy sauce, sugar
- Clean octopus, cut into tassels (or 2-3 tentacles 1 depending on the size of the octopus, thinly sliced ginger; sliced onion; celery scallions cut into 2 knuckles).
- Marinate the octopus with 5 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar and sliced ginger and chili for about 15 minutes
- For 1/2 onion, celery, scallions, chopped laksa leaves mixed with marinated octopus and put in a steamer to boil at high temperature for about 5-7 minutes. The temperature needs to be high for the octopus to be crispy. When the octopus is cooked, add the rest of the vegetables and stir for about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture onto a hot plate.
Grilled octopus satay
- Octopus 500 gr (about 1-2 pieces)
- Garlic 1 bulb
- Ginger 1 piece
- Purple onion 3 pieces
- Lemongrass 3 plants
- 4 chili peppers
- Satay 3 teaspoons
- Grilled seasoning 1 tbsp
- Cashew oil color 3 teaspoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Seasoning 1 teaspoons
- Chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Utensils: Grill, teaspoon, bowl, chopsticks,…
- Process materials: Buy octopus to clean the intestines, wash and then use lemon to rub all over the octopus, rinse with water. Red onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chili chopped and then pureed with a blender. If you don’t have a blender, you can puree it.
- Marinated Octopus: Take the ingredients including satay, grilled marinade, sugar, paprika, seasoning seeds, cashew oil color all mixed with onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, and chili puree above, mix well, and then proceed to marinate white rice. octopus. Use paper to absorb the water in the octopus, then pour the marinade into the octopus. Wear gloves to mix the marinade thoroughly. Marinate the octopus for 30 minutes and then bake.
- Grilled octopus: You grill on an electric grill, flip it over and over again when baking so the octopus doesn’t burn. Ripe octopus you cut into pieces to taste, put on a plate to eat with cucumber, laksa leaves. Dipping octopus with chili sauce or green chili salt is delicious.
- Finished products: Grilled octopus satay is extremely delicious and attractive. The fragrant octopus is not chewy, soaked in spicy, salty, spicy spices. Let’s do it together now!
Fried octopus with eggplant
- 1 blister of octopus
- 1 eggplant
- 1 small onion
- Salt, pepper
- paprika chili powder
- Minced garlic
- Preliminarily processed octopus: use scissors to cut a line in the head of the octopus, remove the intestines or brain or something inside, cut off the eyes of the octopus), then wash with a little salt
- Onions are sliced lengthwise, eggplants are washed and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Put the pan on the stove, heat the oil in the pan. Then saute minced garlic. Put the octopus in and stir-fry first, after about 1 minute, add the onion and eggplant to stir-fry together
- Season with salt, pepper & about 2 teaspoons of paprika powder, then use chopsticks to stir until cooked, put on a plate and enjoy.
Sweet and sour fried octopus
- 500 gr baby octopus
- 3 bell peppers Dalat
- 1 onion
- Spices, ketchup, chili sauce
- Clean octopus. Bell peppers, onions cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Pre-boil the octopus before stir-frying.
- Heat the oil pan on the stove, saute the fragrant garlic, then add the octopus to stir-fry. Then add sugar, monosodium glutamate, ketchup, chili sauce.
- Finally, add bell peppers and onions and saute.
- Remove to a plate and enjoy