Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 1
Books are a means of recording, storing and transmitting knowledge in human society. Books play an important role in the development of knowledge. Each book is a driving force for the development of social civilization. Today, due to the rapid development of information technology, books have been looked down upon. The trend of globalization has taken place massively, making today’s students refuse to read books. A fact that needs to be confirmed is that today’s students no longer love books. Therefore, students’ reading is also very limited.
Before the development of life, primitive man clearly realized the importance of knowledge. They seek to preserve the information they have become aware of to pass on to future generations. And the book was born. It can be said that since the book is available, human civilization has been confirmed. The original form of the book was carvings and characters on cliffs, turtle shells, animal bones. Then came the time to write words on bamboo cards, bamboo cards, on cloth. Finally, write or print on the paper and close it into a booklet. Over time, the form of books has not stopped changing. The more changes, the more convenient books, easier to use and maintain.
In the past, books were the main means of learning, educating and disseminating knowledge in society. Today, thanks to the achievements of science and technology, the media and electronic devices have almost replaced the role of books. Humans have proceeded to record and store knowledge in electronic memories. At the same time disseminate it in formats through electronic applications.
Readers can access the source of knowledge without having to turn every page of the book. Google’s search engine is a clear example of this form. Electronic archives will be the form of books in the future. There are two forms of books coexisting in our country: paper books and e-books. In addition, there are applications that provide rich, quite complete knowledge. E-books always create convenience and excitement for readers.
According to a survey of world organizations, the rate of people reading books in our country is still quite high. However, at school age, this rate is quite low. That is also the general situation of countries around the world. Vietnamese students today have no interest in reading. In addition to the required books, students have little interest in other books. Students often read comic books with bullshit and useless content, but rarely find scientific books. Teen literature books with easy content are often chosen by students to read. And history books, geography books, science books are almost not in the selection list.
The fact that students do not want to read books with scientific, academic, artistic, etc. content comes from many different reasons. Because it is a difficult field, requiring a lot of work. It is followed by great consequences that seriously affect the development of people and society. There are many reasons why students lose interest in reading. First of all, it is necessary to talk about the development of information technology. Digital electronic technology makes many changes in the form and method of reading books. Reading today doesn’t have to mean reading a printed page or sitting in a room. Students can read e-book pages anytime and anywhere. The booming development of the entertainment technology industry with new and unique programs attracts students to follow. Since then, students have neglected to read books.
It is impossible to list all the entertainment channels that are being broadcast today. In addition to the feature film channels, there are also live programs. These programs are interactive, incredibly realistic. The development of the media makes it easier for students to access electronic documents. Students either play games, or have casual entertainment. Since then, I have lost interest in books. Reading becomes boring, no longer interesting.
Students today with an easy lifestyle, love trivial things of pure entertainment such as games, facebook, idol fanatics, horror movies, and publications with depraved and objectionable content… Access to and fascination with this source of information causes students to degrade morally, become lazy in learning, and gradually lose useful habits. For example, reading a book every day.
Families, schools and society lack interest in developing students’ souls and intellectual abilities. Parents because they are busy with work do not care to encourage their children to read books. The school does not have a reading plan, or reading space for students. The society does not have a program to encourage and promote reading books among the entire population to improve people’s knowledge. And it seems that restoring the reading habit of the entire population is only on the slogan.
Publishers run after profits, not investing in the quality and number of new titles. On the bookshelf, almost only familiar works have been edited with different covers, but rarely see valuable new works that really bring benefits to readers. The control of the authorities is not really tight and strict, causing fake books and poor quality books to spread on the market, causing loss of trust in readers.
The fact that students today rarely read books has caused great consequences, seriously affecting human development and stabilizing social order. Students do not want to read books, making learning difficult, very limited knowledge, and limited understanding. One of the most obvious consequences is that today’s students have very poor reading ability, many misspellings, inability to distinguish between pronunciation errors and clumsy and rude expressions. Not reading books makes students’ souls wither, lack of emotions and sincere vibrations. Students become increasingly grumpy, slurred speech, impolite behavior, often disrespectful to teachers and adults. The lack of reading makes students not know how to sympathize, share or love; Lack of self-control gives rise to more and more violent incidents occurring in schools.
Not only do not read or do not read books, lack of respect for books, many students also show contempt for books, destroying books. Such people are deplorable. Schools, families and society need practical solutions and actions to improve students’ reading capacity and passion. It is very necessary because without reading, students cannot progress, their souls will be dry, their understanding is limited, and life skills cannot be developed. The most important thing, if you do not read books, you will not be able to have a rich spiritual life, not feel the beauty and full meaning of this life.
For students, first of all, read hard every day to develop mind and soul. Please treasure books, preserve and protect books. Encourage friends and family to read books together. Organize discussions and discussions about good, meaningful and valuable books. Read books and train yourself at the same time. For families, schools and society, it is necessary to pay much attention to fostering children’s souls and minds with good books with pure and healthy content. Encourage and organize reading in schools and in society, creating a reading movement among the entire population. The competent authorities strictly control the publication and circulation of book publications, ensuring quality and serving the needs of today’s readers.
“Reading good books is like talking to the best minds of centuries gone by.” Reading is an expression of gratitude for the ancients and responsibility for oneself, family and country. Books are to people like water is to trees. Without water, the plants will wither. Without books, human life would be so boring. Therefore, choose for yourself good books and read them every day. That is the right path that leads us to the door of the future.
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 6
The growing society has led to the explosion of information technology, the world of sound and images is flooded through audio-visual media, in which some functions of reading have been screened and boxed. speaker undertakes. Readers’ reading time is shrinking, even if only relatively. However, it is important that books still have benefits and features that cannot be replaced by audio-visual media, and we need to create a wide awareness in society about books and libraries as a part. organic system of information and social exchange.
Books are the source of knowledge, the crystallization of all the most valuable theories, the book records the entire history of mankind. Books are the teacher, the legacy of the previous generation to the next generation. Books not only record the past, reflect the present, but also the program of the future. Thanks to books, people have absorbed all the knowledge of mankind accumulated during the long history. Reading does not bring success, but it has been proven that successful people love and focus on reading. That partly shows that reading books contributes to the success of each person. Reading books brings people, especially young people, extremely important benefits that other audio-visual media cannot satisfy for people to enjoy. The effect of reading books not only stops at acquiring knowledge, but reading books is also a measure to improve the soul and personality of a person. Besides reading books to acquire knowledge, reading sometimes also cultivates useful skills, emotions and habits that you sometimes don’t realize. Such as:
– Reading helps enhance communication: Communication is one of the most important skills, through communication your messages will be conveyed to the audience easily. However, not everyone can confidently stand in front of the crowd to express themselves. The lack of confidence in yourself comes from many reasons such as less contact with people around, low self-esteem and not really confident in the knowledge you own. Read a lot of books, you will know how to present the problem in a scientific way, in a certain logical sequence. As a result, you will be more subtle when feeling and judging the emotions and attitudes of others. Form the reflexes and sensitivity, flexibility needed to deal with problems in communication.
Reading books helps exercise imagination, association, and creativity. Books are written in a linguistic system, specifically, the writings are continuously linked together to form sentences, lines, paragraphs, articles… Words used always have meaning, and those meanings are referred to in the books. corresponding things in life. The process of reading books is actually also a process of observing things and phenomena in real life that the written word is conventionally symbolized through the process of imagination and association.
Reading books helps practice language skills. Reading is the most effective way to help you overcome errors in language use. Reading a good book, you know how to use the author’s words with sentences that are full of subject and predicate components. From there, you form a habit of using words skillfully, with correct grammar without having to be afraid of mistakes in word use.
– Reading will be extremely important if you want to gain knowledge. Books are treasures of knowledge that the former leave to the latter. All experiences in life are summed up and kept in books. Therefore, reading books helps you get the most accurate knowledge about the subject you are studying. Everything you read will fill your mind with fresh, interesting information. You never know when you will need these pieces of knowledge. The more knowledgeable you are, the better equipped you will be to face any challenge in life.
In addition, reading books also helps us to remember better; stronger analytical thinking ability; increasing concentration, attention, better writing skills and reading books also helps to purify the soul, reduce stress and help people live a useful life for society… These are all extremely beneficial benefits. important to improve the learning process. Therefore, reading books is extremely necessary for everyone in general, young people in particular. The benefits from reading a lot are that. But before the explosion of the industrial revolution 4.0, information technology developed very strongly, resulting in a large number of people in general and young people in particular being negatively affected by social networking sites. society, the entertainment of the internet but forget about the practical benefits of reading. The current situation of young people reading books is falling into an alarming situation that we often use a familiar term, which is “lazy reading disease”.
According to a statistic of the Library Department under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in 2015, the average Vietnamese person only reads 4 books/year, and the most unfortunate thing is that out of 4 books read 2,8 books are textbooks, the remaining 1,2 books are other types of books. The percentage of Vietnamese people who do not read books at all accounts for 26%, and only occasionally reads 44% of the population. Compared with Singapore, their average people read 14 books a year, the Japanese read 20 books, some countries like Germany, France, Israel, this number is over 20 books a year. Thus, it is clear that the reading of Vietnamese people is much lower than that of other countries. Thinking about young people, this is the age when they need to acquire the most knowledge to improve their own level, improve their professional skills, especially those who are still sitting in school chairs, in university lecture halls. Those who have just entered the world, being lazy to read books is like a cancer that is taking away their future day by day, affecting the future of the country.
So what is the reason that young people are increasingly lazy to read books and the reading culture is dwindling. In fact, there are many different objective and subjective reasons that we can talk about, such as:
– Influence of entertainment media and Internet news network. Along with the strong development of science and technology, electronic media and informatics have brought a lot of convenience to people. The development of information technology and telecommunications, production and business activities, exchanges and cultural exchanges have had a strong change in a positive direction. Besides, it also brings some negative effects, especially to young people. If in the past, young people often had a hobby of reading books, good books would be passed from person to person to read. Nowadays, as society develops, the reading conditions of young people are gradually raised. They have no shortage of books, even have a lot of books to choose from. But they are not very interested in reading books. The abundance and inundation of countless information channels on the Internet, on television… has made them no longer patient enough to search for good books. Many people can spend hours sitting in a game shop, internet shop but can’t spend 5 minutes a day to read a page of a book. The explosion of information technology brings many different benefits to society. However, if you do not know how to exploit it effectively, it has a bad effect if it is overused. Most young people suffer from “social media addiction”, which consumes a lot of their time. Besides, many games and hobbies to serve the needs of young people appear more and more. Those entertainment media have been overshadowing and losing the unique role of reading. Many young people can sit for hours in front of computers, or phones to facebook, zalo, some people stay up all night to go online and sleep during the day. Therefore, their reading time is shortened and there are even people who do not touch a book for many days or months. The habit of abusing the internet makes the reading culture of young people fall into an alarming state.
– The quality of many types of books does not meet the reading needs of young people. Along with the development of society, the number of books is increasing exponentially. The book market is flooded with different genres with eye-catching covers. But conversely, not all books provide us with useful and necessary knowledge for life and learning. It cannot be denied that when launching reading movements, young people look to books more and reduce the disease of reading laziness that has existed for a long time among young people. But it is worth mentioning that after reading it, many people feel disappointed by the books that follow the trend, most of the content still has many shortcomings, the presentation form is loose and inaccurate. Even books containing sexual elements are exploited and used by many authors as a spice to increase attraction, causing curiosity and curiosity for readers. Therefore, readers gradually lose faith in the accuracy of books and choose other ways when they need information. Moreover, bookshelves are also the reason that many young people turn away from books.
– Operational quality of libraries is still limited. Although supported and invested by the State, agencies and schools, the quality of libraries has not really met the needs of readers. Moreover, in some libraries, books can only be read on site and not borrowed. This is the reason that many young people choose to search for documents through social networks instead of going to the library to find and read books.
– Teaching and learning methods in schools today are also a reason. For young people who are students, students still sitting in school chairs, teaching and learning methods have a great influence on their reading level and culture. If you do not apply the active teaching and learning method, but only apply the traditional method, it will make young people lack creative exploration. One of the manifestations of the limitation of students’ reading culture is the state of studying only when the exams are close, learning to cope, learning to take the exam. Therefore, they become passive in reading and studying documents, books and newspapers.
– The lack of flexibility in reading methods of young people is also the cause. Instead of reading traditional books as before, most young people choose for themselves a new reading method, which is reading online by phone or computer. Many young people also say that when reading printed books, they feel very sleepy, but reading with a phone or computer does not happen. Although they know that overusing technology will have more adverse effects on health than reading books, young people still choose.
And there are many other reasons leading to the lazy reading of today’s young people. Faced with such situations, to overcome the “lazy reading disease” of today’s youth, what should we do?
– Unions and associations can strengthen the organization of activities to propagate and develop reading culture for young people. It is possible to combine with book companies and bookstores to organize book fairs, to introduce and promote books, and at the same time, there should be promotions and discount programs for young people to encourage young people to buy books and materials in order to maintain and develop reading culture. Build reading clubs by age and keep them active, long-term. Regularly organize competitions related to reading in order to develop stronger reading culture in the community. Improve the quality and quantity of youth bookcases. Bring reading activities into thematic activities for young people instead of following the current form, lack of depth and quality.
– Organize book donation activities to bring books to remote and isolated areas for young people and children in these areas. In volunteer campaigns of unions and associations, activities are encouraged such as: organizing talks, telling book stories, giving books to children so that they can see the beauty and beauty of reading..
– Organize propaganda, introduce and guide reading on mass media such as television, radio, newspapers (including specialized magazines to introduce and guide reading) regularly and periodically. , systematically and aimed at each audience, applying diverse, rich and attractive forms, and modern audio-visual means.
– It is necessary to modernize the library and library activities. Not every modern equipment, complete software, automation… has completed the modernization. Libraries need to regularly hold seminars, or trainings on librarianship in the information technology age for librarians and library managers in order to better serve readers. . The best library is the one that pleases the most readers. Libraries need to keep abreast of the needs and desires of their readers, especially those in their youth, teens, and children, continuing to research their reading habits so that they can be timely. reset collections, systems, and services accordingly. At the same time, it is necessary to develop, test and deploy new forms of service such as personal reading devices, mobile devices, network services, etc. to contribute to preserving and developing reading culture and creating long-term relationships. long-term and sustainable between the library and the readers.
– For schools at all levels, it is necessary to build a reading skills education program in the traditional environment and in the electronic environment to teach not only young people in schools but also organize lectures. teach children right from school to university level. In that spirit, reading culture should be included in the school’s information literacy program, considering reading culture as a content to develop information knowledge for students, creating a new skill to help students develop new skills. make lifelong learning more effective.
– National Reading Month can be held in June or July every year because this is the time when most schools are on summer break. The aim is to build the habit of reading books among the entire population, especially among the youth – the future of the country.
If the treatment of young people’s lazy reading is done in a drastic, long-term and strategic way, then surely, in a short time, this disease will no longer exist. When will Vietnam become a book-reading and book-loving society? Everyone should, should answer that question, especially young people. And do not hesitate any longer, let’s hold good books in hand to read.
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 3
For a long time, people have known that books are a wonderful treasure created by mankind. Thousands of years ago, when man had not invented the printing press, those books were written by hand. Books are a place to store the knowledge, ideas, and concepts that our forefathers taught us, passed on from generation to generation. So what attitude should students today have about reading?
From thousands of years ago, reading books was very important, especially during the time of the king and Quoc Tu Giam school. At that time, reading was extremely important. And now, in the era of information technology development, the country has been developing, people do not pay attention to reading books. There was a time when Vietnamese people paid great attention to reading. Whenever they had free time, they would bring books out to read, they loved it so much that they also carried books with them wherever they went. When we go to the market to buy vegetables, when we wait for friends, etc. Reading books helps us to increase our communication ability, helps us to be more confident when communicating without being faltering towards people.
So how do students enjoy reading? We must first make them better understand reading. Read for what? How to read? Reading must come from the mind, passion, and love of students. If they like to read, they can silently read their favorite stories. Reading can also be a good source of entertainment.
There are many reasons why students do not like to read books. In the past, only literate people could read books by themselves, and those who were illiterate could not. In modern times, the development of science has created another way of reading that makes us lazy. It is a way of reading through the means of hearing and seeing. Just one typewriter, the whole thing does not need to mobilize, the imagination of the individual. Learning has become entertainment instead of contemplation. Over time, the nature of reading books will gradually disappear, replaced by the enjoyment of “reading” in a collective and more permissive manner. That is one of the reasons for poor study in Literature and dislike for studying Literature.
As long as students don’t see the attraction of reading, let’s not talk about cultivating the human soul. But most importantly, their passion and love determines their attitude to reading. Thus, the fact that students do not like to read books is a bad phenomenon for young people, and it is necessary to have solutions to overcome immediately.
To summarize what we have said above, the fact that students don’t like to read books today shows us that there have been significant harms and has pointed out the harms of not reading books. To advise them to read books themselves and ponder more, we will know that books have a lot of fun in them.
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 5
Books were born a long time ago and brought many benefits to people. In the text “Talking about reading”, Chu Quang Tiem once commented: “Education is not just about reading. But reading is still an important path of education”. However, today, reading books is no longer very popular, especially among young people, but public opinion has raised alarm bells.
Books record the accumulated knowledge of mankind accumulated for thousands of years. Following the development of society, materials for making books started from leather, bamboo, and paper to the presence of e-books today. Education is the acquisition and accumulation of knowledge. We can learn from teachers, friends, real life, but reading is still an important way of learning. From the knowledge bases available in books, people will inherit and create, invent more new knowledge to contribute to an increasingly civilized and modern life, without books, people will become obsolete, return to Starting point. Especially for students, reading books will help their learning to be more advanced, broadened, and fostered their soul and personality through books with bold humanity.
In the state of information technology explosion with modern media today, students are further away from reading books. From the house to the park, the water bar, the bus stop, on the way, it is easy to see the image of young people holding cell phones, ipads, laptops looking for information on social networks such as Facebook, Zing me , Twitter with short messages of unknown origin… If you read the book, just read it on a whim, the movement has been around for a while, read through speakers, not in-depth. At home, now the bookshelf is not a precious object in the classroom, but instead is a computer set mainly with sample books, exercise books… in order to quickly respond to exam requirements. exams, assignments, there are many friends who have attended junior high school but are afraid to read books, just like reading comic books, even science stories with pictures.
Not reading books will cause great harm. Without reading books, our knowledge will not be extensive. Whenever there is something to do, looking up online is both time consuming and without in-depth documentation. Books with long-term value are rarely posted online for free, especially natural and social science works. If we do not read books, we will lose the vocabulary accumulated from books, we will not learn beautiful words or ideas, and we will have many difficulties in expressing words. As for reading books through speakers, just to let people know that they have read, it only takes effort, time and money like riding a horse to see flowers.
The text “On Reading” by Chu Quang Tiem gives us a poignant lesson about the importance of reading. To read books effectively, we need to choose carefully, read carefully. Read valuable books, foster knowledge and personality. Read a little but read carefully, we must have reflection, analysis, synthesis, comparison… to understand the content of the book thoroughly and remember it for a long time. There are good things in books that we need to record to learn how to express them. We need to read common sense books combined with specialized books, according to our interests. Common sense books are very important and have many practical applications in all fields. Reading must have a continuous plan, a lifetime to see the benefits of reading
From the phenomenon that students do not have the habit of reading books or reading books through speakers, we see that Chu Quang Tiem’s advice is correct. Let’s practice reading habits, from reading little to reading a lot, reading regularly, often, our students will receive the miracle of books from which to nurture a passion for reading as Gorki said. Let’s love the book…”
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 4
Everyone knows that books play an important role in forming knowledge and personality for each person, especially for students while sitting in school. But in fact, today’s students rarely read books, indifferent to books. Why is it that you don’t love books?
Firstly, if we want students to love reading books, we must first make them have the habit of loving books and accessing books and newspapers from a young age. But, try to ask in the family of parents, grandparents have taught their children the habit of reading books or not?
Many families are absorbed in the matter of food, clothing, and money, and since they were young, they have oriented their children to follow natural subjects so that they can easily apply for jobs and have a lot of money after graduating from school. Many parents are prejudiced against their children when they are fascinated with newspapers or books in their hands because they think it is a fantasy, unrealistic…
It is from such thoughts that now, in families, we often see parents buying their children modern and expensive toys to play or they keep plugging into online games on their parents’ phones. . Meanwhile, it is rare for families to have a bookcase. As for farming families, due to difficult economic conditions and little knowledge of the value of books, or they know but are also “powerless” because books are now priced too high.
The second is that the school library is now too redundant but very short of books. The excess is that most of the books in the library are textbooks provided (students have no need for this book), the rest of the books are not suitable for the student’s age, or are not relevant. Even though they have read it, it is not certain that they can understand it (because of many research books). While books for teenagers, books about science, history are few or none. School libraries have not paid attention to useful books for students’ reading culture. Most of the books available in the library today are books… from higher ups. But the book is supplied, the purpose of the buyer and the grant is not easy to suit students and teachers!
Thirdly, the number of published books is very small but the price is too high. There are not many books written for children and most of them are made to order, so the content of the books is not attractive to children. From time to time we still encounter books written and published for children, for school age but running after market tastes, too many languages, violent and sensitive images…
Fourthly, today young people have a lot of information channels for entertainment, the Internet is widely installed, electronic newspapers are born, and social networks have attracted young people, so a part of students are familiar with the situation. gradually with the habit of reading news online. New information, updated on current affairs, low cost and age appropriate.
Directing students to a reading culture first of all needs to create a love of reading for them from a young age. Parents should find and direct their children to age-appropriate books. The school library needs to be invested in real estate, books and newspapers, encouraging children to come and read books. Teachers need to encourage creative writing and guide students to explore through books and documents. Society needs to orient and publish good books… Those are good ways to help them access knowledge, improve the quality of learning and morals of students in school while limiting games. useless in today’s youth.
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 7
Aesthetician Chu Quang Tiem once said: “Education is not only about reading books, but reading is still an important path of education”. Reading good books is like conversing with the best minds of centuries gone by, enjoying the achievements of the past. However, today’s young people neglect reading, look down on books, and focus on trivial and useless, even dangerous entertainment. The situation is worrisome.
Reading a book approaches and receives the knowledge contained in the book by diligently reading it. Through books, people gain knowledge in life, self-improvement, dynamism and creativity to succeed at work and in life. Reading is a very important activity in human life. If you want to have knowledge, you must read books. To live without reading books is to lose the opportunity to succeed, to lose the opportunity to live a happy life. Especially for young people, reading can open the door to the future.
Most of today’s young people show their disdain for books. They seem indifferent to reading, not having a really serious and correct reading habit. A few read according to the movement or read to show off their knowledge. Therefore, they read lightly, mainly for entertainment or for boredom, but do not really pay attention.
In reading, young people also do not have the right choice of books, have no clear purpose, lack a plan or read specific books. Reading becomes not really useful. Some selections have trivial, vulgar content to read. Bad habits, dangerous content quickly infect the mind with thoughts that are not pure and healthy. Leaving books, young people plunge into virtual life with social networks, along with trivial, useless and dangerous entertainment.
Many people believe that reading books today is outdated because in the current information age, it is faster and easier to read online. Since then, they are not interested in paper books. It is a misconception because electronic devices not only damage their health but also make them unable to concentrate. That makes reading less effective.
Reasons why young people are lazy to read: Because young people do not have the right awareness of the role and meaning of reading in the development of each person. Reading is not only a means of entertainment, not only a way to access knowledge, but also to increase the ability to think to expand the soul, to understand yourself, to understand people, to have good life skills…
Vietnamese people are very fond of books and love to read books. However, since the advent of social networks, the development of the economy, and technology products crept into life, young people have become more and more lazy. They have not taken much action to form a reading habit. Before the strong explosion of information technology, managers do not have a solution to filter information, TV channels are full of movies, information is full of social networks, attracting young people.
The bustle of the shop with many attractive entertainment games makes people not have time to pay attention to reading. Material life and full amenities make many young people today prefer to live a life of enjoyment rather than dedication, living superficially rather than deeply, borrowing capacity rather than training themselves. Reading is quite tiring, so they quickly give up and change direction.
Due to the degraded social culture is also the reason why many young people neglect reading. Society appreciates the beauty of form rather than the beauty of the soul, which makes young people run after the outer appearance rather than the inner beauty of personality. Because of this situation, young people are increasingly lazy to read, considering reading is not useful. Young people do not know that not taking care of reading books is forgetting a useful form of relaxation and entertainment. If you don’t read books, you lose the opportunity to expand your knowledge, lose the opportunity to enhance your thinking ability, expand your soul, life skills and self-improvement.
In order for young people to be passionate about and form a habit of reading, the most important thing is that young people themselves must realize the role and importance of books for people, society and the country. Remember that every book, no matter how bad, can be learned something useful from it. Writers must be serious in their creation. Write works of lasting value, avoiding easy writing, superficiality, and temporary value. Publishers need to print good books, have lasting value, not follow the trend, not for profit, but print mediocre books.
The Ministry of Culture and Information needs to do more activities to create conditions for young people to read more books than to open free bookcases in many places. It is necessary to organize a book festival to introduce good books to readers, especially young people. Discounts on good books to stimulate buying and create opportunities for many young people to have access to more books. Make the reading movement a movement of the whole society.
Young people, right now, give books a great deal of love because it is a source of knowledge. Only knowledge is the way of life. If you don’t read a book, you will lose yourself the most useful relaxing moments. Not reading books is living ungrateful to the efforts of our forefathers who created, preserved and fostered our knowledge. To not claim is to go against the progress of human development.
Reading is the universal key to open the door to the castle of the human mind and soul. Books are the teachers who light up in us a boundless source of knowledge, teach us to live beautifully, to live meaningfully in life. Let’s love books, read books diligently and promote the values from books so that books will always be our close friends. If you don’t read a book, even if you travel thousands of miles, you’re like a postman.
Debate essay on the phenomenon that many students rarely read books number 2
Reading has always been a beautiful human act and reading has long been elevated into a beautiful culture not only of Vietnamese people but also of the whole world.
Undeniably, today, with the strong explosion of information technology, it seems to have had a significant impact on young people. In terms of the positive, it is also considered a lot, but also a lot of negative. You can read a lot of information on social networks quickly. All the information you need will also be available online. A negative angle that we see here that the modern world seems to affect is the reading culture as it is gradually fading away.
So we understand the reading culture mentioned here is our attitude, how we behave with book knowledge. We humans also have to know how to read books reasonably and usefully. Reading books properly is “reading in accordance with the law of accessing knowledge”. Perhaps, we all know that before the advent of audio-visual media, books are really known as the biggest way for people to access information, culture and knowledge of mankind. Reading is considered as one of the ways to help people relax, and at the same time, it is also the accumulation of knowledge and enhancement of thinking ability.
No one can deny the importance of reading, but we also know that today’s young people seem apathetic. They even seem to be really indifferent to the reading culture. Maybe the reason is that they themselves think that modern information is so common that they don’t need books anymore? Commenting on this idea, it was the cultural writer Huu Ngoc who once raised the question: “Does the XNUMXst century need poetry anymore? To the reading culture again?” And he himself also answered with the sentence: “yes, even if lyrical music can do little part of poetry, poetry will forever be loved by people”. As for reading culture, he affirmed a very profound opinion that is the sentence “images themselves are fleeting, new words are lasting”.
In today’s modern society, the reading culture is facing an opportunity and a threat. Perhaps, we also seem to see an opportunity because each of us has access to a huge amount of knowledge. But, in fact, we can see that it is modernity and machinery that has the potential to destroy a beautiful reading habit inherent by the dominance of too many and too attractive audio-visual media. as in the mass media today. The question for us today is whether there is a future for reading culture in the information explosion age? We can also see the difference from a few decades ago, our book market today is extremely rich in content as well as form. Meanwhile, young people today are lazy to read or do they not know how to choose books? The sad fact is that there is a part of young people who follow the movement to read books. They seem to only buy books and display them to look good, to look intellectual. And when asked about the content, they don’t know what the book they bought, put in a good position, is about.
Perhaps, all of us who have ever loved books will never forget that there was a time when books like “Forever 20 years old”, or it was the book “Le Van loves and lives” that made the wind. on the market. Classic books are indispensable in the bookshelf of book lovers. Then there is a good book that is hard to ignore as popular as “The World is Flat” by sociologist Thomas Friedman. The book “The world is flat” also presents new perspectives for domestic readers on the trend of globalization. Really “The World is Flat” is not an easy book to read, perhaps most readers do not fully understand the author’s thoughts through which young people still keep buying them for themselves, showing that we are the best people in the world. have real education, know how to grasp the tastes of mankind.
Books are different from quick, concise information on the internet. Books are the true teacher of everyone. Each book seems to represent a huge amount of knowledge, read it once, we will break some things, but read it many times after that, many years later, we will understand how many good and right things. . Books also have many different types, so as a wise reader, you should know how to choose the right and suitable book for yourself.
And in short, reading is a beautiful human culture. Only by reading books can we learn and accumulate a lot of human knowledge. Read books to be able to reflect as well as contemplate about each person’s life. Books are teachers who guide the way in knowledge as well as necessary skills for people. You and I in today’s society, let’s know how to restore the beautiful reading culture of our nation!