3in1 weaning method
This is a new method of weaning founded by chef Hoang Cuong. With the 3-in-1 weaning method, parents can flexibly combine many methods together to create conditions for the baby to learn and practice good skills. The most important thing in the process of weaning is to help your baby have happy and nutritious meals, not rigidly apply any method of weaning.
3in1 weaning method is a method that combines feeding and feeding for babies, in order to encourage mothers to raise their children wisely, change the way of processing and feeding the baby to suit the child’s personality and eating ability. Later, when the baby is combined with many different eating styles and ways of eating, children will shape their own ability, personality and ability to eat.
Advantages of the 3in1 weaning method:
- Flexible changes depending on the baby’s ability to eat: parents can alternate between feeding and practicing eating skills for their children, during the day when the mother goes to work, the baby will eat porridge, in the evening, the mother will practice the skills. different from eating.
- Develop necessary eating skills: Let your baby sit in the high chair, help him focus on eating, avoid the situation of eating and drinking as we often see.
- Reducing pressure on grandparents: Parents often encounter opinions and disagree with grandparents when feeding their baby with the traditional weaning method or the BLW weaning method. However, with the 3-in-1 weaning method, the mother combines many types of feeding for her children, reducing a lot of pressure from the family.
- Save time in preparing food for your baby: with the 3-in-1 weaning method, you can feed your baby porridge during the day or eat porridge on busy days, at the end of the day, or on free days to practice skills. “pick up”
- Respect your child: Respecting your child’s preferences and eating needs will make every meal of your child more fun, and your child will not be under too much pressure.
Japanese method of weaning
Weaning for babies according to the Japanese method is to dilute porridge through a sieve to a ratio of 1:10, not stirring into powder. Vegetables and meat are also processed separately with suitable rawness.
Benefits of the method:
- Food is processed separately, so when eating, your baby will eat each dish one by one. So your baby has the opportunity to feel the unique taste of each different food.
- Baby is able to eat raw early
- Limiting the use of industrial spices, focusing only on using natural spices of vegetables, so it is very good for the immature digestive system of children, avoiding harm to the liver and kidneys of children.
- Children are trained to focus on eating skills from a young age, so they limit the situation of eating and playing with toys. Children also learn concentration, healthy eating habits
- Spend a lot of time preparing different dishes and foods for your baby. If you do not have time, you should consider applying this method of weaning to your baby.
- In the first stage when babies learn to eat solid foods, babies tend to like only one type of food, so they often don’t gain weight… Since then, the mother has to bear pressure from family and people around when following. this method.
BLW self-directed weaning method
This is the method widely used in Western countries. This method of weaning for babies, mothers often do not puree food and do not put spoons but let babies eat by themselves. The mother will only sit and guide the baby to put food in his mouth, the rest is up to the baby.
Benefits of the method:
- BLW, or baby in charge, is about giving your baby self-control about eating, learning to discover the taste, recognition and texture of food. Thereby giving children the opportunity to choose, as well as enjoy their meals.
- Eating on the chair, no toys, no street food, on time will form healthy eating habits for your baby.
- Babies learn to use their hands, jaws, and tongues to bite and chew food, which greatly helps children learn to speak later.
- Preparing baby food is also very easy, all foods at the beginning are mainly boiled or steamed vegetables.
- At first, the baby usually eats very little and gains weight slowly
- Big food is also more likely to choke babies than the traditional way of eating, or Japanese-style weaning.
- After each BLW weaning meal, the mother often spends a lot of time cleaning up and bathing the baby again.
- Mom is under a lot of pressure from family and people around.
Traditional weaning method
Weaning according to the traditional method is no longer strange to Vietnamese mothers. To make baby powder, mothers will grind the powder together with foods such as meat, vegetables, and fish. When children have teeth, they will eat porridge with pureed food.
Benefits of the traditional weaning method:
- Ensure your baby’s nutrition of 4 main food groups: carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- Eating from flour to thin porridge and then crushed rice, gradually increasing the coarseness, so the baby’s stomach does not have to work too hard, avoiding the baby’s early stomach pain.
- Cooking food is also very easy and fast without taking up too much of your parents’ time. Parents can cook ready-to-cook frozen, each use just need to defrost and reheat to make a delicious bowl of porridge for babies to eat.
- Making all the food in one bowl of porridge prevents your baby from having a chance to taste and feel the flavors of many different foods. Eating porridge continuously for a long time makes the baby anorexic and bored.
- Babies who eat solids according to the traditional weaning method will often learn to eat raw foods late, many of you will have a situation of eating and drinking without chewing. If parents do not pay attention to increasing the coarseness of the baby, when the baby grows up, he will not know how to chew, and will not have the necessary skills in rough eating.
- Holding meals, carrying them out to play, etc. will make the baby undisciplined and have no healthy eating habits.