Also has a sweet and sour taste, pineapple jam Smooth, flexible ball will be a great snack for you to receive guests on New Year’s Day.
- Pineapple: 2
- Sugar: 600g
- Lemon: 1 fruit
- Table salt: 1 teaspoon
- Alum: 5gr
- Step 1: Peel pineapple, pay attention to cut deep into the flesh to remove the eyes, cut round and remove the core. Soak pineapple in cold water with 1 teaspoon of salt mixed for about 15 minutes, then take out, wash, boil 2 liters of water with 5 grams of alum. Put the pineapple in the ceiling for about 10 minutes and then take it out and rinse it with cold water to remove the alum. Leave the pineapple in a well-ventilated place for about 2 hours to allow the pineapple to drain.
- Step 2: Put the pineapple and sugar in a pot, let the sugar dissolve completely or leave overnight for the pineapple to absorb the sugar.
- Step 3: Slug pineapple jam on low heat until the pineapple piece is clear, add lemon juice and continue to slug until the pineapple has a soft, sweet taste, then turn off the heat. If you want pineapple to drain, you can dry it in the oven at 100 degrees Celsius for about 1 hour, then let it cool and put it in a glass jar for storage.
Five-color Coconut Jam
Splendidly beautiful to mention five-color coconut jam. Uniquely delicious with the taste of coconut with milk or sticky leaves, purple cabbage, carrots, gac, strawberries, cocoa or coffee depending on the color you want.
- Copra: 1-2 fruit
- Sugar: 500 gr
- Condensed milk: 20g
Ingredients for the colors:
- Sticky leaves: 50gr -> Green
- Purple cabbage: 150g -> Purple
- Carrot: 300g -> Turmeric yellow
- Gac fruit: 100g of Gac fruit with whole seeds -> Rose red color
- Cocoa powder or coffee: 1 teaspoon -> Brown
- Step 1: Coconut remove the hard outer shell, scrape off all the brown shell. Squeeze the Gac meat with 1 tablespoon of wine, squeeze out the seeds. Add 1 bowl of water and then filter the gac juice through a sieve. Carrots, purple cabbage, sticky leaves are washed and then chopped into small pieces. Put each type in a blender, add 1 small bowl of water and puree. Other colors: Filter juice of each type to separate into different bowls.
- Step 2: Use a knife to cut the coconut in half. Using a scraper, scrape in circles of the coconut to get long and thin coconut fibers. (face down the bowl and put the coconut on it and rotate and scrape it to get long coconut fibers). Then wash the grated coconut a few times with water to remove the oil (wash until the clear coconut water is no longer cloudy).
- Step 3: Divide the coconut into 5 parts, marinate each part in a bowl of prepared vegetable juice with sugar and condensed milk, for about 8-10 hours until the coconut has dissolved the sugar. (1 coconut will use about 500g of sugar. Depending on the size of the coconut, you can estimate the amount of sugar to suit your taste.)
- Step 4: After the sugar has melted, start the coconut slug. Heat up a deep pan, add all the coconut, pour all the sugar water into it, keep the heat on medium, when the sugar water boils, gently stir. When the water starts to dry up, use 2 pairs of chopsticks to stir until the coconut is dry. (The fire is always at a medium low level, Do not shorten the slug time by keeping the fire high. Coconut is easy to burn or has an unpleasant burning smell.)
Do the same with the remaining coconut pieces.
Dish tamarind jam Sweet and sour, sweet and sour, golden brown waves always attract children as well as adults. With these simple steps, you will have a delicious tamarind jam that will not be boring for the whole family during Tet
- 1kg left tamarind (should choose green tamarind, fat flesh, green gray skin, firm)
- 800g granulated white sugar
Step 1: Preliminary ingredients
- When you buy tamarind, you soak it with warm water and dilute it with a little salt for 1 hour, so the tamarind shell will come off easily, you just need to use the tip of a small knife to remove the shell.
- Tamarind after removing the shell, you soak in diluted salt water for 3 days. This step helps you reduce the sour taste of tamarind.
- After 3 days, you pick the tamarind, use a knife to cut along the tamarind, remove the seeds, continue to soak the tamarind in clean water for 1 day to reduce the salty taste after soaking in salt water.
Step 2: Jam slugs
- To slug tamarind jam, first you need to slug the sugar water, stir the sugar water on a low heat, so that the sugar water is submerged 2/3 of the tamarind.
- Put the tamarind into the pan of sugar water, continue to stir on the medium heat, avoiding the high heat to burn the sugar layer. After 5-6 minutes, the tamarind has absorbed the sugar, you take the tamarind out of the blister.
Step 3: Drying and preserving jam
- Sun-dried tamarind jam, this stage helps the concentrated sugar water to penetrate deep into the tamarind. That night, you put the tamarind in it again to soak it in sugared water and dry it in the sun the next day.
- Repeat the operation 2-3 days until the tamarind jam is clear, full of sugar, you just need to dry the tamarind to drain the sugar, cover the jam package.
- Store tamarind jam in an airtight container, away from direct sunlight. It is best to store tamarind jam in the refrigerator, so the jam will be preserved for 1 month.
With carrot, you can have a dry jam that is crispy on the outside that is a bit sticky on the inside or a soft, smooth wet jam that is smooth and shiny. But the way to do it is not different, only the shaping process is different.
- Carrots: 200 gr
- Sugar: 100 gr
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Clear lime water.
- Step 1: Peeled carrots, washed.
- Step 2: Use a flower pruning knife and then cut into pieces about 0,6 – 0,7 cm thick (should not be too thin, while processing carrots water will make the thin jam not beautiful). You can also chop the yarn if you like.
- Step 3: Soak carrots in a bowl of lime water overnight (about 8-10 hours). Then take it out and wash it with water a few times to remove the lime smell.
- Step 4: Boil water with a little salt, put the carrots in the ceiling quickly for about 2 minutes.
- Step 5: Mix the carrots with 100g of sugar in a saucepan (because carrots are already sweet, just add ½ of the amount of sugar to the carrots and the jam will taste just right. The jam will stick to less sugar without wasting it. sugar due to excess sugar when the crystallized sugar does not fully adhere to the jam). Add a little water to the pan, place the pan on the stove and stir until the water boils, then reduce the heat to low.
- Step 6: Simmer, stirring occasionally with chopsticks. When the water dries up and the sugar starts to thicken slightly, use chopsticks to stir continuously until the sugar crystallizes all over the carrots, then turn off the heat. Because carrots contain quite a lot of water, the carrot jam is still very wet inside.
- Step 7: Leave the jam in the pan for a few hours (about 3-5 hours), the carrot juice will release all the sugar in the pan. Put the pan of carrots on the stove and simmer and use chopsticks to stir continuously until the sugar crystallizes and clings to the carrots. Look at the dry carrot pieces, the white sugar on the outside is okay.
Artichoke Jam (Rose Jam)
Artichoke flower jam also known by the more familiar name rose jam. Like Ginger jam, Kumquat jam. Artichoke jam has a cool aroma, has the effect of nourishing the lungs, treating cough. In addition to the form of jam with the same process, you will have more fragrant syrup, cooling down on hot, dry days. With this artichoke flower jam tray, your family’s Tet candy tray will be more delicious and beautiful. Artichoke flower jam, also known as rose jam, is moderately sweet, cool, soft, has a very good cooling and detoxifying effect.
- 2kg red artichoke flowers (hibiscus flowers)
- 1kg sugar
- Step 1: Buy red artichoke flowers and wash them thoroughly with about 10 water to get rid of the sand remaining inside the petals. Use a knife to separate the petals and pistil of the artichoke. Wash petals, pistil about 5 more water. Let the water dry for half a day. The pistil can be dried and then drunk as tea. Artichoke water has heat-clearing, detoxifying properties that are good for health. Petals are kept separate to soak with sugar to make artichoke jam.
- Step 2: Put the artichoke petals in the box soaked with sugar, one layer of sugar one layer at a time, in turn until the flowers run out. Soak red artichoke flowers with sugar for 4 days to dissolve. So the sugar will soak into the petals, the artichoke jam will be more delicious and sweet.
- Step 3: Separate the artichoke petals into the pan, slug on low heat until the petals are slightly shriveled. The artichoke slug must be clever so that the petals remain intact with the sweet and sour taste. The remaining water boils, cools to make syrup. Store in the refrigerator for later use.
Dish squash jam or delicious, crispy, cool zucchini is also a delicious, strange and easy Tet jam dish, let’s find out.
- 2 old squash 10kg
- 8 liters of clear lime water
- 25 grams of alum
- 1 little grapefruit juice
- Blue food
- 4 to 5kg of white sugar.
- Step 1: Peel the squash, remove the seeds and intestines, and cut the pumpkin flesh into bite-sized pieces. Should cut into pieces 5-7cm long can be shaped with a serrated knife. Then soak the squash in lime water for about 8 hours or overnight. (Note: The amount of lime juice must be enough to cover the pumpkin surface, the lime juice will help the jam to be crispy.)
- Step 2: After soaking, take out the squash, wash it several times with water, then spread the squash evenly into the basket, let it drain. Next, add alum with 3 liters of water to a pot, put on the stove and bring to a boil.
After boiling, drop the squash in to blanch for 1-2 minutes to make the squash clear, then pour the squash into the basket and rinse immediately with cold water.
Leave the squash in a well-ventilated place for about 2-3 hours for the squash to dry out.
- Step 3: Marinate squash with sugar at the rate of 1kg pumpkin 750 grams white sugar with time is 4 hours for the sugar to dissolve, sometimes stir or shake up to absorb the sugar evenly. After marinating the soaked squash, divide the squash into 2 parts, pour 1 part into a wide, deep pan to dry the water. Leave the rest to make zucchini jam. Bring to a boil over low heat until the water dries out slowly and stir well so that the sugar doesn’t clump. When the sugar water starts to dry, add grapefruit juice and stir well. When the sugar is dry and clings to each piece of jam, it’s done.
- Step 4: To make zucchini jam. Take the rest of the pumpkin and put it in the pan, add a little food coloring to make the jam green, then slug the jam as in step 3.
Wish you success with this delicious and simple squash and zucchini jam recipe!
Pumpkin jam is super delicious and ideal to invite guests on Tet holiday. If you are not sure how to make pumpkin jam, let’s go to the kitchen with Toplist to get an extremely simple recipe for pumpkin jam in the article below!
- Pumpkin, sugar
- Clear lime juice and vanilla
- The ratio of fresh squash and sugar is 1kg of squash – 0,5kg of sugar.
Step 1: Prepare jam
- Mix clear lime water: Mix 1 liter of water with 30g of white lime, leave it overnight for lime powder to settle, then drain the clear lime water.
- When we buy fresh squash, we use a knife to peel off the green skin and intestines to get the white pulp, wash and cut into 5cm long squares.
Step 2: Soak squash with clear lime water
- Soak the sliced squash with prepared lime water for about 5 to 7 hours. It is best to soak overnight, then take it out and wash it several times with water to remove the lime smell.
Step 3: Marinate the sugar
- Blanch squash with boiling alum water for 1 to 2 minutes, then continue to take out, wash and drain.
- Marinate squash with sugar, leave for 4 to 5 hours for the sugar to dissolve and infuse into the squash.
Step 4: Jam slugs
- The most important step, put the pumpkin soaked in sugar into the pan and simmer, stirring well.
- Stir until the water is dry, the sugar crystallizes evenly on the squash, then turn off the small vanilla cooker and stir again.
- Wait for the squash to cool and dry and put it in a glass jar for storage.
Step 5: Preserve jam
- Wait for the pumpkin jam to cool, then put it in the refrigerator to preserve and when Tet comes, take out this pumpkin jam to invite your guests.
Ginger Jam with Flexible Papaya
A strangely delicious version of ginger jam is Ginger combined with papaya. Have you tried it yet. To make this dish is also very simple:
- 300g young papaya.
- 250g ginger.
- 400g sugar.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 20g sea salt.
- 50g roasted peanuts, peeled.
- Step 1: Peel the ginger, wash it and cut it into fibers. Young papaya peeled, washed, cut into fibers.
- Step 2: Put the sliced ginger in a large bowl, squeeze the salt together and squeeze out the spicy water. Then rinse with cold water and squeeze to dry. Do the same with the young papaya.
- Step 3: Marinate ginger and papaya with sugar and lemon juice. Then bring it to dry in the sun for about 15 minutes for the sugar to dissolve and soak into the ginger and papaya.
- Step 4: Put the mixture of ginger, papaya and sugar water in a pan, put it on the stove with low heat, mix well so that the sugar water infuses evenly. When the sugar water dries up and spins, turn off the heat, add the peeled roasted peanuts to the island. Wait for the jam to cool completely, then put it in a clean glass jar to preserve and use it gradually.
I wish you success with this delicious way to make gummy ginger jam with delicious papaya!
Grapefruit peel jam Made from grapefruit peel, it is very delicious and strange to eat as well as has many benefits for the body. Tet is coming, it is also the time for you to show off your talents in making pomelo jam with your family to celebrate Tet!
- Grapefruit peel: 1kg
- A little alum (about 1 teaspoon)
- White diameter: 600 grams
- Salt: 2 tablespoons
- 2-3 tubes of vanilla
Step 1: Prepare grapefruit peel with salt water
- For grapefruit peel, wash with water and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Then, prepare a clean basin for the prepared water and salt.
- Soak the sliced grapefruit peel in salt water for about 10-12 hours.
Step 2: How to make grapefruit peel not bitter with white wine
- After soaking the grapefruit peel with salt water, you take the grapefruit peel out into a small basket.
- Next, squeeze out the water and continue to put it in the pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- After this time, you take out the grapefruit peel, wait for it to cool, then squeeze out the water again by hand. Taste a piece of grapefruit peel, if there is no more pungent taste, the grapefruit peel is okay. If there is still the pungent taste of the essential oil, it cannot be used to make jam.
- How to make standard flexible pomelo jam, continue soaking pomelos for 10 minutes with white wine to completely remove the pungent smell and bitter taste.
Step 3: Slug with green grapefruit peel
- Prepare a clean pot, pour in the prepared pomelo peel with all the prepared alum sugar.
- Mix well and let sit overnight.
- The next morning, when you see enough grapefruit peel to absorb the sugar, you proceed to make jam.
- Prepare a large saucepan, put the soaked grapefruit peel with sugar, add a little white wine to it.
- Bring the mixture to a boil with low heat and stir until it dries up, the concentrated sugar clings to the grapefruit peel and you are about to finish the delicious green grapefruit jam.
Pineapple Jam with Passion Fruit or Ginger
In addition to pineapple jam, the whole piece is fragrant, sweet and sour. You can also do pineapple jam with passion fruit or ginger by grinding and then pelletizing.
- 1 pineapple (pineapple, pineapple) about 600 gr
- 2 ginger root about 350 gr (or 2 passion fruit)
- 150 gr sugar, 1 tbsp malt or syrup or honey, 25 ml dried coconut lime juice.
- Step 1: Peel the pineapple, remove the core, cut into pieces, then mince or grind slightly. Squeeze out the water (this pineapple juice can be used to make great gummies). Ginger peeled, washed, thinly sliced, boiled briefly in boiling water for 3 minutes, poured into a basket to drain. (Grape passion fruit, remove the water)
- Step 2: Pineapple, ginger (passionate), sugar, lemon juice put in a pot on the stove over medium heat for 10 minutes. Then lower the fire continue to slug.
- Step 3: When the water starts to thicken slightly, add the malt. At this time, regularly stir to create flexibility and so on until everything is combined into a dry, sticky mass, then turn off the stove.
- Step 4: Let the ginger jam cool, then roll the small ball over the desiccated coconut to complete. The coconut soft ginger jam needs to be stored in a jar in the refrigerator to be used gradually. If you don’t have shredded coconut, leave it alone and wrap it in cellophane like candy.
Wish you success and deliciousness with how to make delicious coconut pineapple ginger (passionate) jam!
Referring to Tomato, you will probably think of a red fruit rich in vitamin A, good for the eyes, beautiful skin… Not to mention the sweet taste and pleasant aroma always make everyday family dishes more delicious. interesting. So choosing Tomato as the first jam for Tet confectionery tray is something that few people ignore, right? Red also brings a feeling of warmth in the cold early days of Spring and is a symbol of good luck. To have a box tomato jam delicious, nutritious and beautiful you can make from large tomatoes or for more convenience you can make from small cherry tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes: 1kg
- White sand: 400gr
- Lime: 30gr
- Step 1: Mix lime with about 2 liters of water, then stir well. To clear lime water, decant the clear lime water above. Then choose ripe red cherry tomatoes, not crushed, fresh, wash the skin, use a sharp stick to poke each small hole in the tomato. Next, let the tomatoes soak in lime water for about 10 hours or overnight.
- Step 2: After soaking the tomatoes overnight, take them out and wash them a few times with cold water to remove the lime smell. to the basket for the tomatoes to drain.
Once dry, marinate the tomatoes with sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. (The sweetness depends on the taste of each family, not necessarily according to the recipe standard.)
- Step 3: Put tomatoes and tomato juice in a thick saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to the lowest level so that the cherry tomato jam only boils slightly, simmering very small. Occasionally, shake the pan so that the sugar water penetrates the top of the cherry tomatoes more evenly to sweeten the tomato jam.
- Step 4: When the sugar water has dried up, the cherry tomatoes have turned into jam. Cherry tomatoes have plasticity and shiny red color, turn off the stove. If you want to make cherry tomato jam more dry, you can put all the tomato jam made into it and dry it for about 5-10 minutes at a temperature of 100 degrees Celsius.
- Step 5: Store in a glass jar or dry cellophane bag. Keeps longer when stored in the refrigerator.
Another shiny golden color is kumquat jam, also has the effect of treating cough like Ginger jam. Kumquat jam is also quite easy to make and is especially delicious, soft and cool.
- Kumquats: 1kg
- Sand sugar: 700g – 800g
- White betel nut (7g – 8g)
- Alum (5g)
- Step 1: Add lime to water to dissolve and settle, decant the lime juice above.
The kumquats are washed, cut, and divided into 5-6 segments, without cutting the fruit off. Then flatten the kumquats to release the sour juice.
- Step 2: Soak kumquats in lime water for about half a day, then take out and rinse with cold water to clean. Lime juice will help the kumquats when making jam to harden, not to be crushed. After soaking in lime water and washing it, boil 1 liter of water for the crushed alum to mix in. When the water boils, add the kumquats, turn off the heat and cover the pot for 5-7 minutes, then rinse the whole kumquat again with clean water.
- Step 3: Marinate kumquats with sugar and add a little salt, marinate until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 4: Bring the sugar-soaked kumquat mixture to a boil, let it simmer on medium heat, then reduce the heat and bring the kumquats to a gentle boil. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Slug until the sugar is soft, then turn off the heat. Bring wet kumquat jam to dry for 2-3 days or put it in the sun to dry, the kumquat jam will be very flexible and delicious. Then put it in a glass jar for storage.
In addition, you can do the following to have a more flexible and wet Kumquat jam:
- Kumquats are washed, soaked in water with salt for about 1-2 hours. Pour out the water to dry the kumquats, use a paper towel to absorb the water.
- Use a sharp knife to cut around the kumquat. Use your finger to gently press the kumquat down, the seeds inside will come out.
- Put the kumquats in a large bowl, a layer of kumquats, a layer of sugar, top with another layer of sugar and then cover with plastic wrap. Leave for at least 1 hours or overnight, the sugar will melt into water and seep into the fruit.
- Then put the kumquats in the pot, add water and put them on the stove to boil. Cook over low heat until the kumquats are transparent. The road gradually glues. Lift down to cool. It is a kind of wet Kumquat jam with no sugar.
Tet is the time when all things show off their fresh and brilliant colors. Heralds a good future, filled with hope. So choose ginger jam make the next kind of jam because of the yellow color like warm sunshine, but the taste of ginger jam is also spicy and fragrant. Soothes a dry throat, warms the body when infected with cold, very good for health.
- Fresh ginger: 1kg
- White granulated sugar: 500gram
- Fresh lemon: 1 fruit
- Vanilla: 1 tube
- Step 1: Ginger washed, drained and peeled off the skin, remove the small ginger eyes. After peeling, immediately soak the ginger in cold water to prevent the ginger from becoming dark. Ginger can be sliced or sliced thinly along the stem or rounded depending on preference. The thinner the slices, the better the ginger jam will be.
- Step 2: Remove the sliced ginger and drain. Put the ginger in a pot, add water to cover the ginger and cook until the water boils. Pour the water and continue to boil the ginger in the new water for 2-3 more times to make the ginger less spicy. In the final cooking time, add the juice of 1 lemon or rice vinegar so that the ginger after processing will have a beautiful soft yellow color.
- Step 3: Remove the ginger and continue to drain. Then marinate ginger with white granulated sugar. Ginger can be spread in layers in a pot or pot, a layer of ginger will cover a thin layer of sugar until the ginger and sugar are gone. If you make less ginger, you can add the ginger and sugar to the pot, mix well so that the pieces of ginger have sugar. Marinate ginger with sugar for 6-7 hours or until sugar is completely dissolved. While waiting for the sugar to dissolve, you can stir a few times so that the ginger can absorb the sugar evenly.
- Step 4: Heat ginger and sugar on medium heat, not too high. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. When the sugar water starts to boil and thicken, reduce the heat to the lowest and start slurping the ginger. Use chopsticks to slug from both sides of the pot to the middle, stirring gently so as not to crush the ginger. Slug the hands from the time the chopsticks feel heavy until the sugar boils, the water dries up and the sugar is back. At this point, the sugar has dried and becomes crystalline sugar with white clinging around, the piece of ginger is dry and fragrant.
- Step 5. When you see the pieces of ginger separate and stick to the sugar, turn off the heat and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla for flavor and remove from heat, cool and place in a clean dry glass jar or cellophane bag.
So with just one day off, you have very fragrant pieces of ginger jam, both sweet and spicy. To enjoy a cup of tea with a favorite book. Ginger jam is also very effective in treating cough.
In addition to the popular jam dishes such as pumpkin jam, coconut jam, ginger jam, carrot jam, etc., this New Year, you should bring your family and guests delicious dishes. ripe banana jamThe aroma of banana oil, the sweet taste and melt in the mouth will surely satisfy any fastidious guest of your family.
- Porcelain banana: 1kg
- White diameter: 250gr
- Cooking oil: 100ml
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Vanilla: 2 tube
Step 1: Preliminary processing of raw materials
- Ginger: Wash, crush and squeeze out the juice.
- Banana: Banana you peel and slice vertically or horizontally as you like.
- Next, you let them soak in ginger juice for about 5 minutes and then bring the bananas out to dry or let the banana pieces shrink.
Step 2: Fry the banana
- Heat oil in deep pan.
- Next, you put the dried banana pieces in and fry them until golden brown.
- After the banana pieces are golden, take out the bananas and drain the oil.
Step 3: Make soft banana jam
- Put about a small bowl of filtered water in a dry pan, then add the white sugar and stir well.
- Note that sugar must always be more than water to ensure consistency when slug jam.
- Simmer until the sugar is combined, can be pulled into strands, and is slightly golden brown.
- Add the previously drained fried bananas with the vanilla and stir until the banana pieces are soaked in sugar and the sugar turns slightly golden brown, then turn off the heat.
- Take out the bananas, let the bananas cool, and you have a very delicious banana jam. Soft banana jam is usually stored in sealed jars or plastic bags in the refrigerator.
Sweet potato jam
A piece of golden sweet potato jam, fragrant, sipping with a cup of hot tea will make you feel the sweet and warm taste with your family. So, do not forget to add this delicious dish to your list of early spring foods.
- 1kg sweet potato
- 500g white sugar
- 30g white lime
- 1 tube of vanilla flavor (if available)
- Bowls, knives, spoons, plates, cutting boards,…
- Large pan Grate tool
Step 1: Preliminary processing of raw materials
- Mix clear lime water: Mix 1 liter of water with 30g of white lime, leave it overnight for the lime powder to settle, then extract the clear lime water.
- Sweet potatoes: Peel, wash, and cut into squares or round pieces, flower-shaped depending on your preferences and creativity. But it must have a moderate thickness, so that during the slug process, the potatoes are not crushed. You quickly soak the peeled potatoes in a pot of dilute salt water to prevent the potatoes from darkening and remove all the plastic. The time of soaking the potatoes lasts about 25-30 minutes, then you take them out to drain.
Step 2: Soak potatoes with clear lime water
- Soak potatoes in ready-made lime water for about 3 hours, then take them out, rinse several times with clean water. Soak sweet potatoes with clear lime water so that the jam has the necessary hardness and flexibility.
Step 3: Marinate the sugar
- Place a pot of water on the stove and turn the heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes for about 2 minutes.
- Then take out the potatoes and mix with the sugar, add a little water to quickly dissolve the sugar.
- Marinate potatoes with the amount of sugar prepared according to the ratio of 1kg of marinated sweet potatoes with 500g of sugar (add or reduce sugar depending on your family’s taste). Marinate for about 3-5 hours, until the sugar is completely dissolved. During the marinating process, sometimes use chopsticks to stir, so that the potatoes can absorb the sugar evenly.
Step 4: Sweet potato slugs
- Place a large saucepan on the stove. You put both potatoes and sugar water in and boil until the water is almost gone. When the sugar water starts to glue, slightly iridescent, turn the heat to the lowest level and stir continuously.
- Until the sugar crystallizes, keep stirring constantly so that the separate potato pieces do not stick. Finally, you add vanilla flavor, cook for another minute, then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Preserve jam
- Let the jam cool and then store it in an airtight jar or glass jar. The sweet potato jam will have a beautiful bright yellow color, the sugar will stick evenly on each piece of jam, taste just enough sweet, the outside is crispy but the inside is extremely supple.