When we are hungry, we often think of finding something to eat. Sweets or foods containing a lot of sugar are often chosen by many people. Many people, when hungry in the morning, still find a way to put some candy or cake in their stomach to dispel the feeling of gnawing and discomfort. Doing this can reduce hunger immediately, but repeated long-term will have a significant impact on health.
However, reality shows that when the body is tired and hungry, the body will absorb sugar in the best way. Eating sugar at this time will help you quickly quench your hunger. However, taking too much sugar on an empty stomach causes the body to produce insufficient insulin for a short time to maintain normal blood sugar levels, leading to a sudden spike in blood sugar and causing diabetes, other diseases. eye disease and a host of other ailments.
According to specialist doctor II Dinh Thi Kim Lien – Former Deputy Director of Clinical Nutrition Center, Bach Mai Hospital -: “People should not eat sweets before meals, at this time it is easy to increase blood sugar for meals. My main meal is no longer appetizing.”
The reason, in confectionery contains a huge amount of calories, but is poor in nutrients. Therefore, the feeling of immediate comfort only reduces hunger, but does not provide enough nutrients for the body. Moreover, eating a lot of sweets also increases the risk of obesity, diabetes …
Sausage It is a favorite dish of many people, especially children. This attractive dish is made from pork, beef or chicken… mixed with some other ingredients. Although very delicious, sausages contain quite a lot of energy, are low in fiber and have many preservatives, so eating a lot at breakfast will not be good for health. Ideally, you should eat them with green vegetables or other dishes.
You avoid high-sugar foods for breakfast and look for protein-packed meats like hot dogs or bacon. But this is a mistake, this processed meat breakfast is not a good choice for a healthy heart. According to Authority Nutrition, researchers have found that “every 3,5 grams of processed meat you eat increases your risk of heart disease by 42 percent.” Processed meat has also been linked to high blood pressure and cancer.
Reasons not to eat a lot of sausages:
- High in fat: Many people like to eat sausages in their daily meals to supplement protein, but in fact, the protein content in sausages is very low, and contains a lot of saturated fat. 100 g of sausage is equivalent to 290 calories and contains up to 26 g of fat. This amount of fat accounts for 40% of the body’s fat needs in 1 day. If you eat a lot of sausages, you will have excess fat and create many dangerous diseases such as obesity, heart disease, blood pressure …
- High in salt: One sausage contains 600 mg of sodium, almost half the recommended daily salt intake. Too much salt combined with an imbalance between sodium and potassium salts can cause health problems such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, excess salt leading to edema and water retention in the body.
- Causes cancer: In sausages, there are nitrate salts used to preserve food. This salt, when entering the body, under the action of digestive enzymes, participates in redox reactions in the stomach and intestines, producing nitrite. Nitrite has the effect of oxidizing the hemoglobin of red blood cells, turning hemoglobin into methemoglobin affecting respiratory function, anemia, cancer, even death for users. Children, if they eat a lot of foods containing nitrate, are susceptible to poisoning, leading to paleness, weakness, and difficulty breathing.
- Made from industrial meat: To reduce product costs, manufacturers must use industrially raised animals, even dirty meat to make sausages. This type of meat contains both antibiotics, growth hormones, chemicals that can have great consequences for health such as making the body resistant to antibiotics, early puberty…
Coffee or tea
Starting a new day with a cup of hot tea or coffee is a way to help you replenish energy to stay awake for work. But if, for some reason, you drink tea or coffee on an empty stomach, it won’t do you any good.
When you are hungry, drinking a lot of coffee or sugar will make you feel nauseous in your intestines due to the bad impact of substances in coffee and tea on the digestive system. For tea or coffee in the morning, have a little breakfast!
Reasons for limiting coffee or tea:
- Caffeine has a dehydrating effect: If children from primary school to high school drink a lot of coffee or caffeinated beverages, the body’s development will have problems such as: Dizziness, nervousness, sadness. sleeping, vomiting, fainting… If the body absorbs a lot of this substance, it makes the heart beat faster, easily leading to the risk of heart attack. If you drink coffee or tea to feel more awake, the feeling of alertness is only temporary. So tea or coffee does not help the body but also has the opposite effect. That is, it causes a series of distractions, insomnia, fatigue and often nodding during the day, affecting learning results.
- Stomach ache: You should not drink brewed coffee every morning on an empty stomach. According to researchers, coffee contains several compounds that stimulate cells in the stomach to increase acid secretion. Taking a stomach remedy chewable like Tums (over-the-counter) can help neutralize stomach acid in the short term. However, if you are suspecting that coffee is the cause of your stomach pain, then you should reconsider your habit of drinking a lot of coffee.
- Heart palpitations: It can be dangerous to feel like your heart is beating too fast and too fast, especially when that feeling makes your heart feel like it’s about to burst out of your chest. Heart palpitations can be caused by the body absorbing too much caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. In some cases, heart palpitations can lead to dizziness, lightheadedness, and lethargy. The only way to completely stop this is to stop drinking coffee.
- Feelings of restlessness: Coffee keeps you awake, but sometimes they can be stronger and cause jitters. In addition, coffee also stimulates the central nervous system, causing you to feel panic and anxiety. When you limit your coffee intake, this feeling will disappear.
Pickles are a favorite food of many people, combining pickles with other foods creates a sense of appetite, increases appetite, and satisfies taste buds. However, the nitrite content in pickles is very high.
If you eat pickles in the morning, it is not conducive to digestion in the stomach and burdens the digestive tract, and has a great impact on health. If you like to eat pickles very much, it should be noted not to eat pickles that are still green, avoid eating in the morning and eat in moderation.
- Stomach cancer risk: Research shows that extremely salty pickled foods can put you at risk for stomach cancer. In Turkey and Japan, when pickled foods are widely used in everyday cuisine, significantly higher rates of stomach cancer were observed. Recently, a group of doctors in Turkey looked at the diets of patients with stomach cancer and found that: stomach cancer patients ate significantly less bread, cereals, milk and orange juice, but they ate more pickles than people without cancer. More research is needed to elucidate this association.
- Raises blood pressure: Preserving any food requires the addition of salt, and salt makes up about 5% of most pickle recipes. Too much salt can raise blood pressure. Salt and sodium are villains when it comes to living with hypertension and heart disease. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggest that people with hypertension or prehypertension need to limit their daily sodium intake to just 1.500mg/day.
- Stomach irritation: Eating a lot of pickles at one time can easily stimulate gastric acid secretion, develop gastroesophageal reflux syndrome, and easily trigger an existing stomach ulcer.
Some of you still use jam for spreads and bread from time to time and eat it every morning. Although jam is known to be a very delicious food, it will cause you to gain weight uncontrollably so eat too much.
The amount of sugar in it also makes your stomach feel uncomfortable, all day frustrated and tired. This type of food should be used as a snack when your stomach has anti-hungry food.
Reasons not to use much:
- Too sweet, not suitable for people with diabetes, obesity. Some jams containing many types of beta carotene or vitamins A and C such as tomato jam, carrots, apples, plums, kiwis, etc., will be decomposed due to excessive heat and cooking time. vitamin.
- Due to a lot of sugar, jam is the main source of energy, does not provide enough nutrients for the body compared to when it is fresh, so it is not good to use for the elderly, children, and pregnant women during pregnancy. During pregnancy, do not eat much or substitute for other foods.
- Eating a lot of jam makes the stomach full and reduces the feeling of hunger, thus limiting the absorption in the two main meals. Some production facilities are not hygienic, which can cause bacterial infections, giving rise to some gastrointestinal diseases such as infectious diarrhea.
- The storage process that does not meet the standards is easy to create mold, causing more harm to health than good. Some vegetables and fruits have a cooling effect, but after processing into jam, they will have the opposite effect, causing internal heat or pimples due to too high sweetness.
Black chocolate Known as an extremely good food for the heart. Therefore, in the US it is quite trusted and used by many people. However, when your stomach is too hungry and you decide to eat a chocolate bar in the morning, it is not entirely beneficial. It can make you nauseous, feel drowsy, and less productive.
Reasons not to use much:
- Weight gain: The high calories in chocolate can lead to a higher risk of weight gain. For those who have a habit of eating chocolate every day, the risk of obesity is very high.
- Risk of diabetes: Eating chocolate raises blood sugar. Therefore, maintaining the habit of eating chocolate every day can increase the risk of diabetes, especially common in overweight or obese people.
- Acne prone: According to the recommendations of experts, should not eat chocolate because it is the cause of acne. Scientists have shown that a diet with foods high in dairy and carbohydrates can increase the risk of acne. In particular, chocolate is a special product that contains a lot of milk and carbohydrates.
- Insomnia: In the composition of Chocolate contains a large amount of caffeine, eating a bar of chocolate will not be as stimulating as drinking a cup of coffee, it still has adverse effects on health.
- Stomach and intestinal upset: Chocolate contains caffeine and is also very acidic. Caffeine is a bowel stimulant, which can worsen symptoms of irritable bowel disease or diarrhea. On the other hand, acidic foods can increase stomach acid, which can cause heartburn, reflux, or stomach ulcers. If you are suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease or peptic ulcer disease, eating too much chocolate can seriously affect your health.
- High Potassium: Chocolate is high in potassium. For most people, this is not a problem. But in people with kidney disease, eating too much chocolate should be considered in order to avoid excessively high blood mineral levels.
Due to its cheap and popular characteristics, instant noodles are chosen by many people as a morning food. Just add a little boiling water to a bowl of instant noodles and you have a breakfast that looks extremely delicious and eye-catching. Many people are very lazy to cook after waking up in the morning because this is very time consuming and messy. Therefore, they often choose to cook instant noodles.
However, scientists recommend not to eat a lot of instant noodles, especially in the morning – the most important meal of the day. Most of today’s instant noodles have gone through the frying process, so the fat content is quite high. Moreover, the salt pack of instant noodles, if overused, will cause many unpredictable diseases.
5 reasons not to eat regular breakfast with instant noodles:
- Hot in the body: Instant noodles are fried at high temperature, rich in fat and spices, the main ingredient is starch. Therefore, people who eat instant noodles often feel dry and thirsty. Eating instant noodles regularly, especially at breakfast, will lack substance, heat in the body, easy to acne, sores.
- Consequences on cardiovascular, obesity: Eating a lot of instant noodles is that you are increasing the amount of carbohydrates and saturated fats that are not good for the body (from both frying oil, seasoning packages). The increased amount of fat and calories is the cause of diseases such as heart disease, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol… People with the above diseases are prone to dizziness, fatigue, heart palpitations.. adversely affect the quality of life and work.
- Stomach and digestive diseases: Flavors and additives in instant noodles affect the taste of users. If you regularly eat noodles, your taste buds will be reduced and it affects the digestive process. When digestion does not work well, it causes digestive disorders, bloating, stomach pain,… There is evidence that the time to digest noodles in the stomach is very long, so It not only lacks nutrients to supply the body, but also makes the digestive system work harder to receive less nutrients.
- Increase the burden on the kidneys: A package of ordinary noodles contains up to 910mg of salt, equivalent to 41% of the body’s daily salt needs. Salt is not only in the seasoning package but also in the noodles. Thus, if you cook instant noodles with a whole packet of seasoning salt, you have loaded too much salt into your body at once, making the filtering process of the kidneys more difficult, damaging the kidneys, increasing the risk of kidney stones. In addition, instant noodles also contain a lot of Phosphate, which helps to improve the taste of dishes, but easily causes osteoporosis, bone loss, and reduced tooth strength.
- Accelerate the aging process: Instant noodles, especially the oil in noodles, are a source of oxidizing additives. Eating too much of this substance adversely affects the endocrine system and accelerates the aging process of the body. Surely you will not want to “get old quickly” just because of the habit or hobby of eating instant noodles every day, right?
Canned fruit juices also do not make your body better if you drink them on an empty stomach.
Reasons not to use fruit juice in the morning on an empty stomach:
- In fruit juices (especially processed ones), the amount of artificial sugars and preservatives is so much that it wreaks havoc on an empty stomach.
- Fruit juice can cause gout in women: According to research by the American Medical Association, fruit juice is quite high in fructose. Therefore, women who drink a lot of these drinks every day have twice the risk of gout than others.
- Fruit juices can contain some chemicals: Canned fruit juices often don’t taste like real juice, so manufacturers often add chemicals to recreate the taste. These flavor packs may contain large amounts of the chemical ethyl butyrate, a substance that mimics the aroma of freshly squeezed orange juice, so there is nothing natural in these juices.
- Fruit juices are poor in nutrients: Orange juice is always considered a drink rich in vitamin C and other benefits. However, in fruit juice (even when freshly squeezed) is mainly fructose and has a bad effect on the body as well as other soft drinks. The fiber content in fruit juice is also very limited, so it’s best to eat the whole fruit instead of juicing.
- Fruit juice can cause weight gain: According to statistics, the sugar and calorie index in a can of coke is 40 and 140 respectively, while this number in apple juice is 39 and 165. The head of the diet and obesity research group at Cambridge University also said that fruit juices are absorbed very quickly, so people who are really losing weight should reconsider using these drinks.
- Fruit juice may lead to diabetes risk: Researchers at Harvard Medical School found that people who drank fruit juice increased their risk of diabetes by 8 percent. Study participants were asked to drink half a liter of pure grape juice daily for about three months. The results show that juice contains a lot of antioxidants, but it also increases the body’s ability to fight insulin.
Fast foods such as hamburgers, pizza… used in the morning will save you a lot of time and effort. Just spend a small amount of money and you can buy yourself an irresistible delicious food. However, most fast foods contain quite a lot of fat and lack vitamins and fiber, which can easily push you to overweight, heart disease…
Reasons to limit eating fast food:
- Causes obesity: Fast food often contains a lot of fat and starch. This leads to the fact that if you eat too much fast food, you will be overweight and obese, leading to a series of diseases related to overnutrition such as blood fat, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and fibrosis. Atherosclerosis, heart attack and even cancer…
- Causes memory problems: One striking study found that healthy people who ate junk food for more than five days performed a variety of cognitive tests related to mood, speed, and attention. And as a result, continuously eating junk food for five days can degrade your memory. Because a poor diet can cause a number of chemical reactions that lead to inflammation in the brain, which is related to memory. Or according to a new study just published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Western diets include junk food, fast food high in sugar and fat, increasing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can lead to fatigue, depression: Fast food contains very few important nutrients such as proteins and vitamins necessary for maintaining health and enhancing the functioning of vital organs in our body. . These foods make you full and delicious, but on the contrary, they do not provide you with energy, leaving your body in a state of fatigue and weakness. If you eat fast food every day for a long time, you will suffer from chronic fatigue, even it will be difficult for you to perform daily tasks. In addition, eating too much junk food can cause your body to lose essential nutrients like the amino acid tryptophan. A lack of this amino acid can increase feelings of depression.
- Increased risk of heart disease: Unhealthy fat in fast food is the main cause of dangerous cardiovascular diseases. Fast food is high in trans fats and saturated fats that directly increase triglyceride and bad cholesterol levels in the blood, contributing to plaque formation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Causes of kidney disease: Junk foods like potato chips are high in processed salt, which increases enzyme secretion and saliva, which boosts your appetite. Sodium and bad fats from salt raise blood pressure, thereby affecting the ability of the kidneys to function, causing the body to swell and retain water, causing kidney dysfunction.
- May cause liver damage: Another disadvantage of junk food is that it can cause liver damage. Junk foods containing high levels of trans fats can accumulate as fat in the liver, which can cause fatty liver disease and liver dysfunction.
Cereals are healthy foods. However, if you abuse ready-to-eat cereals in the morning, this is a disaster. Cereals are high in carbs and high in sugar, so eating too much will also make you feel tired because of the side effects.
Reasons not to abuse processed cereals to eat in the morning:
- Cereal is very good for the body because it is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, iron and protein. But should eat in moderation, do not eat too much to avoid unwanted effects such as bloating, indigestion. In addition, cereals contain a significant amount of sugar, so you must carefully read the ingredients before choosing to use. Here are some tips to make your breakfast healthy.
- When listing ingredients, food companies deliberately avoid mentioning “sugar” and substitute it with gucose, fructose, sucrose or agave syrup. Therefore, when choosing to buy cereals, you should check carefully before deciding. You should choose varieties that are high in fiber and whole grains, low in sodium, sugar and fat.
- Lauren McGuckin, registered dietitian and spokesperson for the Australian Dietetic Association, says the source of the ingredients is important, especially where the sugar comes from. Nutritionists also give a reasonable amount of sugar for 100g of cereals is 10g of sugar. Nutritionist McGuckin recommends that if you buy a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal, choose a whole grain with natural grains that provide both good fats and oils.
Some types of fruit
Some fruits also affect your health so you eat them on an empty stomach.
Note when using some of the following fruits:
- Citrus fruits: Very rich in acid. Oranges, lemons, and grapefruits contain a lot of healthy vitamins, especially Vitamin C. Oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, lemons and other sour fruits contain a lot of fruit acids, which irritate the esophagus and stomach lining. thick if eaten on an empty stomach. Eating on an empty stomach can cause heartburn, the risk of gastritis and even stomach ulcers. It makes you feel nauseous, belching, uncomfortable. Not only that, they are also high in crude fiber and fructose, which can slow down digestion.
- Bananas: Bananas contain a lot of Vitamin C, which helps promote better digestive system. In addition, eating bananas also helps to lose weight and beautiful skin. Therefore, many women add bananas to their beauty diet. Bananas contain a lot of magnesium and vitamin C that are good for your metabolism and resistance. However, eating bananas on an empty stomach will cause the amount of magnesium in the body to suddenly increase, disrupt the balance of magnesium and calcium in the blood, and inhibit heart blood vessels. To absorb all the nutritional value from bananas, you should eat bananas about 30 minutes after a meal.
- Tomatoes: Contains high levels of tannic acids, so eating tomatoes on an empty stomach will increase acid levels in the stomach. This can lead to stomach ulcers. If you eat too much, you can get stomach ulcers, even stomach perforation. In addition to tomatoes, persimmons are also a fruit that causes similar harm if eaten on an empty stomach. Eating tomatoes on an empty stomach, a large amount of Pectin and Tannin (acrid taste) will precipitate with stomach acid to form stomach stones. These lumps will block the passage of food, causing stomach pressure to increase sharply, causing abdominal distension and stomach pain.
Donuts, fried food
The attractive donuts in the morning are sold quite a lot in the market to attract your attention. However, if you eat them in the morning and forget to exercise, this is the cause of your rapid weight gain. In donuts always contain a lot of fat, in addition, there is a significant amount of sugar residue if it is a pastry. Eating a lot of sugar in the morning will make you tired, lack of motivation to work…
Currently, many people are busy with work, so they can’t wake up early to make breakfast, often buy food sold outside, such as donuts. Although they are very convenient, they are harmful to health. Because the foods sold on the street are often fried at high temperatures, the nutrients are almost absent, during the frying process will produce a lot of harmful substances to health, after eating can reduce the ability to immune system, stomach damage, or people with weak health are very susceptible to disease.
- Increased risk of cerebrovascular accident: Fried foods contain a lot of saturated fat which is the cause of blood vessel blockage. When a stroke occurs, it will easily lead to paralysis of a part of the body, hemiplegia or even paralysis of the whole body, increasing the risk of death. In addition, food during frying will produce acrylamide substances. If you absorb this substance in large amounts, it will affect the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
- Prostate cancer: Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that usually develops in a male genitalia. Studies have shown that people with a diet high in fat from fried foods have a higher risk of developing this disease than people with a healthy diet. When the oil is heated at high temperature, it will produce acrolein substances that are very harmful to health. If absorbed for a long time, it can affect the eyes, nose, respiratory tract and more seriously, irritate the stomach lining leading to prostate cancer.
- Easy to cause diabetes: The high fat content in fried foods is the cause that negatively affects the action of insulin, causing an imbalance of sugar in the body and easily leading to disease. diabetes. Especially, for pregnant mothers, it also seriously affects the fetus and easily leads to the risk of premature birth.
- Increased risk of obesity: Fried junk food is considered one of the causes of your obesity. Fat components contained in fried foods cause the body to gain weight out of control.
- Increased risk of ovarian cancer: Fried foods are really popular, especially among women. However, you should know that these foods are the possible culprits of ovarian cancer. Acrylamide, which is produced from fried foods, increases the risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer by 2 times.
- Bad effects on skin: Not only causing many health effects, fried foods such as french fries, pancakes, fried chicken, etc. are also agents that destroy your skin. Eating too many greasy foods will make your body hot, your skin will more easily secrete more oil and cause acne.