Cho Gao Street
Cho Gao Street now belongs to Hang Buom ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, about 500m from Hoan Kiem Lake to the northeast. The street consists of two parallel branches 75m long, going from Tran Nhat Duat street (near the foot of Chuong Duong bridge) to Dao Duy Tu street. The upper branch connects to the beginning of Nguyen Sieu street, the lower branch crosses the beginning of Dong Thai street.
Cho Gao Street Although there are few houses, it is a busy trading place, at the end of the street, it connects with the center of trade for a long time, so many people come and rely on it to live. At the beginning of the northern street, the upper branch of Cho Gao street, there is Tran Nhat Duat Primary School, formerly known as Truong Ke (“Quai” in French means “river bank”), the fence is long to the middle of the street; Next came a series of small houses of rice traders.
The southern street, the lower branch of the street Rice Market, which used to be a large warehouse for storing rice, the main side facing Dao Duy Tu street, where many shops selling rice and flour later gathered, and around now there are banks and beer shops, dog meat. , entertainment club. Recently, lemon tea began to spread to Cho Gao street, which is famous for its bitter tea. Actually, it’s just black jelly put in a cup of coconut milk mixed with condensed milk, but it is the strange bitter taste that easily attracts young people.
Cho Gao Street At present, no traces of To river wharf and old rice market are preserved. But at the end of the upper branch, near the intersection of Dao Duy Tu – Nguyen Sieu, there is still Huong Nghia communal house (the communal house gate at 13b Dao Duy Tu street), inside worshiping Cao Tu (Cao Lo’s brother, general of An Duong Vuong Thuc Phan). , then built more shrines to the Mothers. At the beginning of the street, there is Tran Nhat Duat primary school, the relic of the old Ke school.
Nguyen Xi Street
Nguyen Xi Street Named after the famous general Nguyen Xi (1396-1465) under King Le Loi, who had great merit in Lam Son uprising. This street is ranked second among the shortest streets in Hanoi.
Nguyen Xi Street longer than Hoan Kiem Lake, more than 52m, connecting Dinh Le street to Trang Tien street. In front of the street in Hau Lau village, Ta Tuc canton, old Tho Xuong district, now in Trang Tien ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. During the French colonial period, the street was called Rue Jules Boissière (Boissière), after the revolution called Chua Quan Thuong street, now the street is called Nguyen Xi.
Street named after NNguyen Xi – Le Loi’s famous general, he was a man of great merit in the resistance war against the Ming army, quelling the rebellion of Don Ban and Nghi Dan, bringing Le Tu Thanh to the throne … later he was named Cuong Quoc Cong by Le Thanh Tong.
During the French colonial period, this was Jules Boissière street, after the August revolution it was Chua Quan Thuong street (where there was an old Bao An pagoda), then it was renamed Nguyen Xi like nowadays.
Along with Dinh Le Street, Nguyen Xi famous for being a book street with shops full of old books that are hard to find newly published books… Stroll around Hoan Kiem lake and then stop at Dinh Le book street – Nguyen Xi Staying next door has become a hobby of many Hanoians and tourists when coming to the capital.
Le Van Linh Street
Le Van Linh Street 65m long is the fifth shortest street of Hanoi, connecting Phung Hung street with Ly Nam De street. Street is a row
The moat running along the eastern wall of the citadel was covered.
During the French colonial period, the street was called General Nogrès street (Rue Général Nogrès), now known as Le Van Linh street, Hang Ma ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. The street is named after Le Van Linh (1377 – 1448) – a man of literary talent who followed Le Loi in the Lam Son uprising. In 1418, when he heard that Le Loi was about to revolt, he went to Lam Son to ask for help. During the time against the Ming army, he was a literary god in the command and Nguyen Trai always stood by Le Loi to help many schemes. After his success, he was classified as a public servant who opened the country, was given the title of Huong Thuong marquis, was assigned to hold the position of Major Vice, then promoted to Huu Pop, then to Thai Vice.
Connecting from Phung Hung street to Ly Nam De street, this street is the moat running along the east wall of Thang Long citadel under the Nguyen Dynasty.
Nguyen Trung Ngan Street
Still with a length of more than 52m, street Nguyen Trung Ngan ranked third in the list of the shortest streets in Hanoi. Nguyen Trung Ngan street cuts Nguyen Trung Truc street, next to house number 18 on Nguyen Trung Truc street turn in. In front of this street, belonging to Yen Hoi village, Hau Nghiem canton, old Tho Xuong district, in the French era, this was a small street numbered 172 (Voie 172). Now the street belongs to Pham Dinh Ho ward, Hai Ba Trung district.
This is a small street, formerly an alley, mainly trading at the beginning of the road. The street is named Nguyen Trung Ngan – a great minister who experienced 5 generations of Tran kings and was ordained by King Tran Du Tong to be King of Dai Doan in 1341, can be considered as the first Thang Long mayor of Hanoi capital.
In front of the street in Yen Hoi village, Hau Nghiem canton, old Tho Xuong district, now in Pham Dinh Ho ward, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi.
To Tich Street
City To Tich 96m long, standing last in the list of the shortest streets in Hanoi, connecting from Hang Quat Street to Hang Gai Street.
Previously, the street belonged to To Tich village, Tien Tuc canton, old Tho Xuong district, now belongs to Hang Gai ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. During the French colonial period, the street was called To Tich alley (Ruelle de To Tich). From a narrow alley, To Tich The city was expanded in the 1920s.
Young people in Hanoi have long called To Tich street by a close name: “Street of fruit beams”. At first, there were only a few households at the end of the street, gradually the small street less than 100m long had nearly a dozen business shops close together, plastic tables and chairs lined up on both sides of the sidewalk, turning this place into an address. Cuisine attracts a lot of young people, tourists from all over the world, even foreign tourists, especially on hot summer days, weekends or festivals.
Mai Xuan Thuong Street
City Mai Xuan Thuong 80m long, ranked 10th among the shortest streets in Hanoi, connecting Thuy Khue street with Phan Dinh Phung street. This street is an old section of the moat at the northeast corner of Thang Long citadel under the Nguyen Dynasty.
During the French colonial period, the street was named Hau Quan Chat (Rue Hau Quan Chat), after 1945, the street was named Mai Xuan Thuong (1860 – 1887) – who stood up to revolt against the French when Hue fell. Now the street is in Thuy Khue ward, Tay Ho district, Hanoi.
Street named after Mai Xuan Thuong (1860-1887) a native of Phu Lac village, Tuy Vien district, now in Binh Thanh commune, Tay Son district, Binh Dinh province, graduated in 1884, he had a deep patriotic spirit and hatred for the enemy. After the fall of Hue (July 5, 7), he responded to King Ham Nghi’s Can Vuong decree. In Binh Dinh at that time, there was Governor-General Dao Doan Dich leading the anti-French colonialists, Mai Xuan Thuong stood up to recruit insurgents to coordinate with Dao Doan Dich and was appointed as the military officer. After Dao Doan Di fell ill and died, he was honored as a Marshal. Mai Xuan Thuong’s insurgent army once developed in Phu Yen, its prestige was becoming more and more famous, many battles at Cam Van and Thu Thien, which meant that the enemy army had to lose a lot of soldiers and generals. The French colonialists used many tricks, but could not shake his indomitable resistance to the French, so they joined with his henchmen to suppress this uprising. In June 1885, Mai Xuan Thuong fell into the hands of the enemy and was murdered by them. He was only 6 years old then.
Hang But Street
Hang But Street 68m long – the shortest old town in Hanoi, crossing Thuoc Bac street and Bat Su street. In front of the street in Dong Thanh village, old Tien Tuc and Tho Xuong cantons, now in Hang Bo ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. During the French colonial period, the street was called Combanère street (Rue Combanère), in 1945 the street was renamed Hang But city.
Today at house number 5 this street is the temple of the old Dong Thanh village (and the communal house of this village has the main face facing Hang Vai street, the new back gate is the house number of this 6 street).
Hang Bu StreetThe original name is Hang Acne Street. The old Hanoi folk song also has a sentence:
“Hang Weigh, Hang Cot, Hang Dong
Hang Acne, Hang Pen, Hang Cotton, Hang Bai.”
It is so named because there are shops on this street that specialize in using cloth tips and fabrics to sew into children’s clothes, especially sewing clusters of “bag tassels” for children to wear during Tet. Dragon on the 5th day of the 5th lunar month.
Hoan Kiem Lake Street
Hoan Kiem Lake Street With a length of approximately 50m, running from Cau Go to Dinh Tien Hoang has long been considered the shortest street in Hanoi. Although not as long as other streets, Hoan Kiem Lake has a beautiful location in the heart of the capital. Walking down a tiger circle, we will inevitably encounter a small street that is always busy with people passing by.
In front of the street in Ta Vong village, Huu Tuc canton, old Tho Xuong district, now in Hang Bac ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. During the French colonial period, the street was called Philharmonique Street, in 1945, the street was renamed Hoan Kiem Lake.
IN Hoan Kiem Lake Street There is one specialty that must come to the capital to enjoy right away, which is dried beef mannequin. Dried beef salad here is the most famous in Hanoi. Eat once is to remember, eat once is to crush. People who come to the shop mainly sit on small plastic chairs on the sidewalk like other shops in Hanoi, but it is always crowded and full of seats. Dried beef salad can be eaten in any season. Eat whatever you want.
The street is small, but there’s a lot to find here. No books, no food, no coffee, no shoes, no souvenirs, no wonderful memories. Just hanging around here for a while is enough to see the flavors of Hanoi remaining. The small street has only one house with an even number, the small street has a few houses with the name of another street. A small but cozy street in Hanoi. The beautiful and lovely small street of Trang An.
Dong Mac Street
Dong Mac Street 60m long, located at the end of Lo Duc street, one end leading to Tran Khat Chan dike, ranked fourth in the list of the shortest streets in Hanoi.
In front of the street in Cam Hoi village, Hau Nghiem canton, old Tho Xuong district, now in Dong Mac ward, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi. During the French colonial period, the street was on 335 street (Voie 335), in 1994, the street was named Dong Mac.
Dong Mac is the name of an old gate, at the end of Lo Duc Street, adjacent to Tran Khat Chan Street. This is an open doorway across the earthen citadel that some researchers call “the middle citadel”, now the southern face is Tran Khat Chan street, which people used to call the Binh Lao dike. Dong Mac is a nomogram. See the map of Hanoi in 1831 is the gate of Thanh Lang. On the map in 1866, it was changed to the gate of Lang Yen. Thanh Lang and Lang Yen are two names of the village located right outside the gate.
O Quan Chuong Street
O Quan Chuong is one of the shortest ancient streets in Hanoi, with a length of about 75m, connecting from O Quan Chuong gate – the only remaining gate of Hanoi, located at the end of Hang Chieu street to Tran Nhat Duat street. During the French colonial period, the street was called Nattes en Joncs (Rue dé Nattes en Joncs – Hang Chieu Coi Street).
Street is named O Quan Chuong to remember the sacrifices of the Grand Master and Nguyen soldiers in the battle against the French husband in the area, they defeated the citadel of Hanoi.
In the past, the Red River still flowed close to the dyke bank (Tran Nhat Duat street), so O Quan Chuong street was right next to the river wharf, there were many shops selling mats, so people used to call it Hang Chieu street. Later, the mat shops gradually spread inside, to Hang Chieu street today.
As for the name of this gate, there are many theories, but perhaps only the line of Chinese characters engraved on the main door arch: Dong Ha Mon (Dong Ha gate) is the most accurate name.
Dong Thai Street
With a length of 70m, Dong Thai is the seventh shortest street in Hanoi, the street runs from the junction of Tran Nhat Duat – Cho Gao to Ma May street, connecting with Hang Buom.
In the past, the street was known as Hang Egg alley, in the French colonial period it was called Lane Dong Thai. Today it is called “street”, but Dong Thai still has the appearance of a small alley with a rather small and narrow roadway. During the French colonial period, it was called Dong Thai alley (Dong Thai ruelle), but people also called it Hang Egg alley (other and Hang Egg street means the eastern end of Hang Mam street). Currently, at house number 6, this street is still the communal house of the old Dong Thai border.