The specialty cakes of the West are always attractive to tourists when visiting the Mekong Delta. In terms of quantity, there are many different types of cakes in the West, but in terms of quality, all types are delicious, easy to eat and addictive. In today’s article, toplist will introduce to you how to make delicious and attractive Western specialty cakes at home.
Coconut milk cake
- 220g Mikko Huong Xua cake flour
- 1 liters of water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 pandan leaves
- 100ml cold water
- 1/5 teaspoon salt
- 200g sugar
- Step 1: Cook coconut milk: Put 400ml of coconut milk, 2 pandan leaves, 100ml of cold water, 200g of sugar and 1/5 teaspoon of salt in a pot to make coconut milk. Stir until the sugar dissolves into the mixture. Cook in low heat, while stirring, when you see coconut milk in the pot, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Step 2: Cook the cake: Put the cake flour and 1 liter of water into the pot and mix well until the flour and water mix together. Then start on the stove, let it medium heat and stir well with your hands for 4-5 minutes, the dough is slightly clear and thickened, then turn off the heat.
- Step 3: Create a cake shape: When the cake is still hot, put it in a mold or a hole to shape it. Underneath the pit or the mold must put a bowl of ice cold water, soak the cake in it for about 10-15 minutes, the cake will be more delicious and chewy.
- Ingredient: Remove the cake from the glass, add a few tablespoons of coconut milk and enjoy. The coconut milk cake is more delicious when you use it with ice! What are you waiting for, let’s make your family enjoy it now, wish you success.
Steamed cassava silkworm cake
- 200g cassava.
- 125ml coconut milk.
- 40g sugar.
- 10g tapioca flour.
- 1 tsp pandan leaf essence. (You can use butterfly pea flowers, amaranth …)
- 100g coconut rice
- Roasted sesame.
- Tools for making steamed cassava silkworm cakes: Knife, Bowl, Blender, Plate, Steaming Tray, Sieve.
- Step 1: Peel the cassava and cut it into small pieces.
- Step 2: Put the grated cassava in the blender, turn on the machine to make the cassava very pure
- Step 3: Filter the ground cassava through a sieve, squeeze out all the cassava juice.
- Step 4: Mix cassava with coconut milk, sugar, tapioca starch and pandan leaf essence together in a large bowl.
- Step 5: Pour the mixture from step 4 onto a plate. Then put in the steamer for about 15 minutes, the cake is cooked.
- Step 6: Cut the steamed cake into bite-sized pieces. Then roll each strand of cake onto the coconut rice. Finally, sprinkle toasted sesame on the cake plate again and it’s done.
- Flour 200 g
- Delicious rice flour 200 g
- Pandan leaves 50 g
- Coconut milk 240 ml
- White granulated sugar 300 gr
- Clean water 900 ml
- Fresh ginger 10g
- White salt 5 g
- Toasted white sesame 50 g
- Tools for making: Large pot, plate, spoon, cake mold, cake steamer, blender, sieve, mortar, pestle.
- Prepare the dough: Sift 200 grams of plain rice flour and 200 grams of tapioca flour into a separate bowl. Wash pandan leaves, puree with a blender with 400 ml of water and filter through a sieve to get pineapple juice. Add salt and 200 grams of white granulated sugar and 1/3 can of coconut milk to the pineapple juice, stir gently to dissolve the ingredients. Put the pineapple juice and flour mixture into a prepared pot. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until the mixture becomes a homogeneous mass and then let the dough rest for 1 minutes. You can change the color to your liking by adjusting the amount of pandan juice. After the dough has rested, put it on the stove, slug the dough on medium heat until it boils. Then, lower the heat to low, stir with a chopstick, and then let the dough simmer for a few minutes and stir occasionally until the powder dissolves.
- Steamed buns: Spread a thin layer of cooking oil on the prepared mold, then put the dough into the mold and spread it evenly. Continue to put the dough mold into the boiling steamer. Steam until the dough turns in, then turn off the heat. When steaming is done, use a ladle to press down on the cake to form a firm mass. You can check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick gently into the cake, if the toothpick does not stick to the dough, the cake is done. Leave the cake outside until it is less hot and then put it in the refrigerator to make it more supple and delicious.
- Make the dipping sauce: Crush fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice. Pre-ground ginger can be used, but fresh ginger will have a more delicious taste. Place 500 ml of water, 3 tablespoons of tapioca starch, 1/3 can of coconut milk, a little ginger juice and the rest of the sugar in a large bowl and stir until the mixture is completely dissolved. Next, boil the mixture over low heat to thicken and season to taste.
- Finishing the pandan leaf cake: Cut the cake into bite-sized pieces, add the remaining coconut milk and sprinkle white sesame on the cake.
- Finished Products: A delicious cake is a cake with a plasticity and a greasy taste. Along with that, the dipping sauce should not be too sweet, the dipping sauce will make the finished product more attractive. The cake will taste better when refrigerated. Can replace sesame with peanut when using cake.
Pig skin cake
Green bean cake layer:
- 26 grams of dried mung beans, peeled
- 26 grams of sugar
- 67 grams of coconut milk
- 17 grams of water
- 1 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 46 grams of tapioca flour
- 7 grams of rice flour
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
Layer of pandan leaf cake (glutinous leaf):
- 26 grams of pandan leaves + 85 grams of water to grind for juice
- 47 grams of tapioca flour
- 13 grams of rice flour
- 7 grams of glutinous rice flour
- 26 grams of ground sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 67 grams of pandan leaf juice
- 47 grams of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pandan leaf essence (optional)
- Green bean cake layer: Soak beans for 3-4 hours in warm water. Steam the beans until tender. Put green beans and all remaining ingredients (except tapioca flour, rice flour) into the blender, puree. Mix the ground green bean juice with tapioca flour and rice flour, filter it through a sieve until smooth. Add a little yellow and then cover this dough.
- Pineapple cake layer: Pineapple leaves washed, pureed with water, filtered to get the juice. Mix tapioca flour, rice flour, glutinous rice flour, ground sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Mix pandan leaf juice, coconut milk, cooking oil, pour this mixture into the flour bowl, mix well until blended. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Steamed buns: Brush a thin layer of cooking oil all over the mold to prevent sticking. Put the mold in the basket, steam the mold for about 1-5 minutes. Pour the first layer of pandan leaves, steam for about 7 minutes, see the surface of the cake will shrink, then pour in the green beans, steam for another 2 minutes until all the flour is poured. Wait for the cake to cool, then take it out of the mold, store it in the refrigerator for 2-2 days, then take it out and steam it again.
Coconut leaf cake
- 15 Young water coconut leaves (light yellow green color).
- 30 stalks of rope to tie the cake (you should choose a coconut wire made from young nipa leaves, which is very strong and safe for health) or you can replace the pole with plastic rope (1 roll).
- 400 grams of sticky rice (you need to choose a delicious and flexible type to not reduce the deliciousness of the cake).
- 100 grams of beans (black beans are the best, white beans are okay).
- 200 grams of soft ground dried coconut (or coconut milk).
- Pandan leaves or vanilla to enhance the flavor of the cake.
- 300 grams Sugar, 1 teaspoon salt.
- 5 ripe Siamese bananas.
- 1 big pot to steam the cake too…
- Preliminary processing: Young water coconut leaves you wash, dry and sun-dried for about 1 hour to make the leaves soft and easy to wrap, then you roll the leaves into a tube, you just wrap it around to cover 1/2 of the old ring. Rope, pot of pandan leaves washed. Glutinous rice you soak before about 3 hours to clean and soft or you can stir-fry instead of soaking, wash and drain the beans. Ripe bananas peeled and peeled off the banana veins, cut in half.
- You will begin to marinate the bananas with sugar and a little salt for 1 minutes to allow the bananas to absorb evenly. The beans you boil are just soft, don’t let the beans lose their taste, then drain the water. Next is the fried sticky rice, you add the glutinous rice, beans, grated coconut (coconut milk), sugar, a little salt, vanilla and mix well into a mixture, then start the pan and stir-fry for about 30 minutes.
- Use a pre-wrapped coconut leaf to put a little sticky rice mixture in it, then put the banana in and just put the sticky mixture in until it is full, fold the top of the leaf, wrap the wire 1 times across the 2 ends of the cake to fix it. cake, that’s the end of the process of wrapping coconut leaf cake with banana, and so on, until all the ingredients are finished.
- Then you use the prepared large pot, put the cake in the pot (remember to use the water bath) and put in 1 cup of salt (to avoid uneven cooking), and remember to put in a lot of water (because we have to cook the cake). until 2 o’clock), after 2 hours, the cake pot is cooked, the cooked cakes have a yellow-orange color. And you can enjoy it right away.
Pineapple tube cake
- Rice flour: 500 grams
- Glutinous flour: 250 grams
- Coconut milk: 200 ml
- Sugar: 4 tablespoons
- Condiments: pandan leaf powder, fresh coconut, peanuts, roasted sesame, paper rice paper
- Tools: steamer, special mold for pandan tubers
- Step 1: Mix the rice flour, glutinous rice flour, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Put pandan leaf powder in a large bowl, then add hot water so that the mixture thickens. Then add about 200ml of coconut milk and mix well. Using a flour sieve, pour the mixture through the sieve to filter out the residue and make the dough more loose.
- Step 3: Prepare a large pot to steam the cake, wrap a wet towel around the mouth of the pot so that the steam does not come out. Pour water into a pot and then bring to a boil.
- Step 4: Put the bottom iron in the pot, put the dough in, cover with a lid and wait for 3-5 minutes for the cake to be cooked.
- Step 5: Use rice paper to roll up the dough has been steamed with roasted sesame, peanuts, fresh coconut and enjoy together and you should eat it while it is still so hot, it will be very delicious.
Jaggery beef cake
- Palm sugar 200 gr
- Rice flour 200 gr
- Tapioca flour 60 gr
- Yeast hatched 8 gr
- Fresh coconut water 350 ml
- Filtered water 40 ml
- Tools for making: Flour sieve, large bowl, steamer, whisk, whisk, cup,…
- Hatching yeast: Put 40ml of filtered water in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of white sugar and 8g of yeast, mix well to make a smooth mixture. Incubate for 10 minutes.
- Making cake dough: Put 200gr of rice flour and 60gr of tapioca flour in a bowl, add a small spoon of salt, use a whisk to mix this mixture together. Then, you sift the flour until smooth, no lumps. Put in the sifted flour mixture prepared in step 1, then add 250 ml of fresh coconut water to the flour mixture. Use a spatula to mix well, until the consistency is as shown. Finally, let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Cook jaggery juice: Put 100ml of fresh coconut water into the pot, add 200gr of jaggery. Stir well until the sugar dissolves completely to form a colored sugar water solution as shown.
- Finish the dough: After 1 hour of incubation, the dough has been fermented, use the drying rack to mix again, then add the cooked jaggery juice to the bowl, add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Mix well then continue to incubate for another 2 hours.
- Steamed cake: Brush the sides of the pan with cooking oil to prevent sticking, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the cake. Pour the above tempered dough mixture into the mold. Prepare a pot of steaming water, put the cake into the pot, cover the top with a cloth so that the water does not drip onto the cake, the surface of the cake will be even and more delicious. Cover and steam for about 20 minutes.
- Finished products: After making jaggery, it will have a beautiful golden color, light sponge cake, not too dry or broken. You can use the cake with cooked coconut milk, add a little roasted sesame. Each cake is small and beautiful, sweet and fragrant with the taste of jaggery and a little fat of coconut rice, adding a little bit of roasted sesame to create a greatness that no other cake has.
Coconut beef cake
- 300 grams of tapioca starch
- 50 grams of rice flour
- 300 coconut milk
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 4-5 chicken eggs
- 100 grams of grated coconut
- 1 small bowl of pandan leaf juice
- Sugar, salt, cooking oil/butter
- Take a large bowl, add coconut milk + pandan leaf juice + sugar and stir well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat them and then add the eggs to the coconut milk mixture and beat again.
- Small grated coconut. Put a small pan on the stove and stir-fry the grated coconut with a little sugar to create a sweet aroma. After the grated coconut has absorbed the sugar, remove to a plate.
- Put rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder in a bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix well, then sift this flour mixture until smooth. Next, you add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, coconut milk and pandan leaves made earlier, stir well and sift again.
- Wash the small bowls or cake pans, dry, spread a thin layer of butter or cooking oil into the molds, heat it up, then add the flour mixture, put the cake molds in the middle of the oven for 1-45 minutes and the cakes are cooked. If you don’t have an oven, you can pour this mixture into a rice cooker greased with butter or oil and cook as usual.
- To know if the cake is done, use a toothpick to skewer the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- For each turn of grilled coconut beef cake, we will need 2 layers of cake, when the cake is cooked, you cut the cake to taste and sandwich it between the coconut filling. If you don’t like the coconut filling sandwiched in the middle of the cake, you can mix the grated coconut with the above mixture and then put it in the baking mold.
Bird’s nest cake
- Rice flour 270 gr
- Tapioca flour 30 gr
- Glutinous flour 30 gr
- 1 egg
- Filtered water 160 ml
- White sugar 150 gr
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence 6 gr
- Coconut milk 230 gr
- Tools for making: Pan, bowl, small glass, brass, egg beater.
- Beat eggs: Crack 1 egg into a bowl. Use a whisk to beat 1 egg in a bowl, not whisk, then add 160ml of filtered water and stir well.
- Mix flour mixture: Put in a large bowl 270 grams of rice flour, 30 grams of glutinous rice flour, 30 grams of tapioca flour and vanilla powder. Pour the egg water prepared in step 1 through a sieve into the flour mixture, mix well with a spatula.
- Cook the coconut milk mixture: Put the small pot on the stove, put in the pot 150 grams of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt and 230 grams of coconut milk. Stir and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Then let cool.
- Mix flour with coconut milk and make dough: Slowly add the coconut milk to the cake flour, use your hands to squeeze the dough to blend slowly, without lumps. After kneading for 10 minutes, add all the remaining coconut milk to the dough and continue to knead until it all blends together into a thick paste. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 1-4 hours.
- Fried cake: Pour about 50ml of flour into a small glass to facilitate pouring the cake into the pan and let the cake when frying are of the same size. Put a pan on the stove and pour in the oil, when the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium and then pour the batter into the center of the pan. Fry the cake until golden on one side, then flip to the side, fry until golden brown, the middle of the cake floats up, the cake is cooked and can be taken out. Remove the cake to a plate lined with absorbent paper to absorb the oil, the cake will be more delicious.
- Finished products: Delicious, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. When the cake is eaten as soon as it is done, the cake will be crispy and sweet. Properly fried bread, when cooled, the edges are still crispy, the inside is soft. The cake has a moderate sweetness, the cake will be very delicious if you dip it with fragrant fatty coconut milk.
- 1kg banh khot/banh xeo flour (this powder you can buy at the supermarket or grocery store, the powder already has turmeric powder in it, but if you prefer yellow cake, you can add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder. come in again).
- 400g lean minced meat
- 300g fresh shrimp
- 3 egg
- 500ml coconut milk
- 300g green beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 white radish
- Purple onion: 3 piece
- Onion: 1 piece
- Spices: pepper, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate,…
- Lemon, chili, fish sauce, raw vegetables (green cabbage, lettuce, herbs of all kinds)
- Necessary tools: Cake mold, Clean bowl, Spoon, spoon
- Step 1: Making cake dough and filling: Sliced scallions. Crack eggs into bowl, stir well. Mix pancake flour, green onion, egg, 400ml coconut milk into warm water. Stir well to avoid lumps, let rest for about 15 minutes. Fresh shrimp washed, peeled, removed the head. You can leave it whole or diced if you like. Steamed green beans just cooked. Diced onion, thinly sliced purple onion, sliced green onion. Carrot and white radish cut thinly, squeeze with a little salt, wash, squeeze dry.
- Step 2: Stir-fry and make cakes: Put the pan on the stove, heat the cooking oil, sauté the purple onion, then add the minced meat, fresh shrimp, steamed green beans until the onion is lightly fried, season to taste and then add the juice. coconut, mix well. Put the cake molds on the stove, coat each mold with cooking oil, then pour the flour in, put the filling in the middle and then cover the lid. When the cake turns yellow, the filling is reddish brown, the green onions in the grease stick to form a green color, the cake is cooked, quickly take the cake out of the mold.
- Step 3: Dipping sauce and garnish: Crush garlic and chili. Add the sugar to the water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice, fish sauce, garlic, chili and stir well. Season to taste so that the sauce has a moderate sweet and sour taste. Place the cake on a plate, garnish with vegetables and serve hot.
There is nothing better than a golden rice cake crust, rich with shrimp and meat, served with carrots, shredded radish with dipping sauce and raw vegetables and herbs! Wish you success with how to make Western-style banh khot right at home!
Leave a Reply