How to make lotus seed milk, black beans, pineapple
- Black beans: 60 grams
- Fresh lotus seeds: 40 grams
- Organic sugar: 15 grams (can be replaced with 5 dates)
- Pineapple: 3 slices (each slice is about 1cm thick)
How to make black bean lotus seed milk cooked with pineapple:
Soak black beans, prepare fresh lotus seeds:
- After buying black beans, wash them and soak them in clean water for about 24 hours. During the soaking process should change the water several times, soak the black beans in a place with low temperature.
- Fresh black lotus seeds are washed, soaked in clean water for about 30 minutes. After soaking, put green beans in a pot, add water, turn on the stove and bring to a boil. When the water has boiled, turn down the heat and cook for about 10 minutes, then turn off the heat. Then, proceed to puree and filter through a sieve, extract the water.
How to cook lotus seed milk with pineapple, black beans:
- Pineapple cut into round cavities about 1cm thick, put in a pot, add enough water to cover the surface of the pineapple. North on the stove to boil, when boiling, lower the heat to low, cook for about 30 minutes, then remove the pineapple.
- After soaking, black beans are pureed with a little water, filtered through a sieve. Squeeze the black bean juice into a pot, bring the water to a boil. During the cooking process, use chopsticks to stir continuously to avoid clumping at the bottom of the pot. Or you can process black beans by putting the beans in a pot with a little water almost enough to cover the beans, cook until the beans are cooked, then filter through a sieve, drain the water.
- Black beans and lotus seeds, after filtering the water, mix together in a pot. Add sugar, salt, pineapple cooking water and filtered water together so that all the mixture adds up to about 1 liters of water. Heat the hot mixture to a temperature of about 1,5 degrees Celsius, then turn off the stove, wait for it to cool, then put it in a glass jar to store in the refrigerator and use it gradually.
Millet milk, lotus seeds, sweet potato
- 150 gr millet
- 100 gr lotus seeds
- 1 sweet potato
- Palm sugar or molasses
- 1,5 liters of water
- Tools: blender, pot, stove and sieve
- Millet seeds soak for 6 to 8 hours, then rinse.
- The lotus seeds are separated from the lotus heart to reduce bitterness, washed and drained. If it is a dry lotus seed, you should soak it in hot water for about 2 hours for the lotus seed to soften
- Sweet potatoes are washed, boiled soft, peeled, cut into circles.
- Put the mixture of lotus seeds, millet, and sweet potato in a blender then add water and blend until well blended.
- Next, you use a sieve to remove the body and keep the smooth milk mixture.
- Put the filtered milk mixture into the pot, add pandan leaves, jaggery and bring to a boil.
- When the milk has boiled, turn off the heat, let it cool, measure into a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
Green bean milk with lotus seed
- Fresh lotus seeds: 1 piece
- Peeled green beans: 1 ounce
- Granulated sugar: 2 large spoons
- Cooking utensils: stove, large pot, chopsticks, blender, sieve,,….
- Lotus seeds do the same as above. Remove the skin and remove the heart of the lotus to avoid bitterness. Then wash the lotus seeds. Green beans are also washed to remove dirt. Both ingredients wait for the water to dry before making.
- Put the above 2 ingredients in a pot with 1 liter of purified water. Cook only on medium heat. Do not use high heat to cook the mixture.
- When the pot of water is boiling, reduce the heat. Cook until the seeds are cooked and soft. About 30-45 minutes.
- Wait for the 2 ingredients to be cooked, put the mixture in a blender and puree. If it feels too thick, add 500ml of filtered water!
- Put the milk in a glass bottle and put it in the refrigerator. You can either reheat it or drink it cold when drinking. Milk can be used within 3 days.
Brown rice with lotus seed
- Brown rice grains: 50 grams
- Fresh lotus seeds (washed with clean water, removed heart): 50 grams
- White granulated sugar: 50 grams
- Filtered water (options of light or dark): 1,2 to 1,5 liters
- Fresh milk without sugar: 400 ml
- Seasoning: a little, according to taste
Instructions on how to:
- With this brown rice milk recipe, you need to put the rice in a fragrant roasting pan. When the rice grains bloom, turn off the stove.
- Put the prepared lotus seeds with roasted brown rice, filtered water, and a little salt in the pot, turn on the stove. After cooking brown rice for 10 minutes, turn off the heat. At this time, cover the pot, incubate the rice with lotus seeds for 1,5 hours until soft.
- Next, pour the entire mixture in the pot into the blender, set the highest speed to blend into a smooth puree.
- Strain the lotus seed brown rice milk mixture through a sieve, pour the juice back into the pot.
- Add sugar to the pot of milk, cook until gently boiling, when the sugar dissolves, turn off the heat. You can drink hot milk or wait for it to cool, add ice to enjoy for refreshment.
Lotus seed milk
- 500ml sweetened fresh milk
- 250g of fresh lotus seeds is fine.
- White diameter: 100g
- Longevity milk: 200ml
- Clean water: 1,5l
- Other items: blender, cooking pot, sieve, ….
Steps to cook lotus seed fresh milk:
Processing lotus seeds:
- If you want the best, you buy fresh lotus and process it. Otherwise, you can buy ready-made lotus. Fresh lotus you take peeled, remove the heart of the lotus. If you leave the lotus heart, it will be bitter when cooked. The lotus heart part can be dried and then brewed. Lotus heart tea cures insomnia very well.
- After removing the heart, lotus seeds are washed again. Put the lotus seeds into the blender with all the pure water. You can use filtered or purified water to be safe. At the same time they will not have an unpleasant smell. That way, the lotus seed milk you make will be delicious and original. Use a thin cloth to line the sieve surface. Pour the mixture of water and lotus seeds into a sieve. Then gently squeeze out the juice with your hands. The residue you also need to squeeze well to get a lot of nutrients!
Make milk cooking:
- You put the lotus seed juice mixture into a large pot and heat it on the stove. When cooking, pay attention to keep the heat medium so that the bottom is not slit! Cook while stirring gently and evenly. When the pot of water is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Boil for another 3-5 minutes to make the water boil more.
- Continue to add the milk to the pot and stir well. When the male milk melts, add fresh milk. At this time, turn off the stove immediately. If you cook more, it will burn. Not only that, the lotus seed milk will be separated from the water!
- You put lotus seed milk in glass jars to preserve it for a long time. Moreover, it does not affect the taste of milk. Do not use plastic bottles. Because the milk will have the smell of melted plastic, losing the taste of milk.
Lotus seed milk, oats, walnuts
- Oats 50g
- Lotus seeds 50g
- Walnuts 50g
- Water 600 ml
- Step 1:
- Roast the oats briefly to make the milk more fragrant, then soak in water for 2 hours.
- Fresh lotus seeds remove the heart and then wash with water, then put in water to boil soft.
- The walnut kernels are separated and soaked in water for 6-8 hours.
- Step 2: After completing step 1, you put everything in a blender with 600ml of pureed water, filter the water to remove the residue.
- Step 3: Put the filtered water in a pot and bring to a boil over low heat for 30 minutes, then turn off the heat.
How to cook lotus seed milk with pandan leaves and rock sugar
- Fresh lotus seeds: 200 grams
- Filtered water: 1 liter
- Fresh milk without sugar: 2 packs (220 ml/pack)
- Rock sugar: 50 grams
- Pandan leaves: 2 branches
How to cook the mixture to make pandan lotus seed milk:
- After buying pineapple leaves, wash them and cut them into small pieces about 5 cm.
- Put the cut pandan leaves in the blender with a little water, puree the pandan leaves. After pureed, proceed to filter pandan leaf juice through a sieve, extract the pandan leaf juice.
- Fresh lotus seeds purchased and processed as step 1.2. Then, bring the lotus seeds to the steamer to cook.
- Take a pot, put in a pot of filtered water, fresh milk, lotus seeds, a little salt, alum sugar, then put it on the stove to boil. When the mixture boils, turn down the heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, use a hand blender to puree the mixture. Or you can bring the mixture through a sieve to extract the water. Then, take the distilled water mixed with pandan leaf juice, stir until the mixture is dissolved.
- Once stirred, pour the milk mixture into a glass jar, store in the refrigerator, and use it gradually.
How to make lotus seed yogurt
- Fresh lotus seeds (heart catheterized, washed): 100 grams
- Ong Tho condensed milk: 1 can
- Unsweetened yogurt: 2 boxes
- Fresh milk without sugar: 220 ml
- Less clean water (optional)
- Tools: bowl, pot, sieve, jar to make homemade yogurt, large pot.
How to make lotus seed yogurt:
- Pour 700 ml of clean water with fresh lotus seeds into the pot, cook until soft. Then, grind fresh lotus seeds with a blender, filter 440 ml of lotus seed water and discard the body.
- Dissolve condensed milk with half a can of boiled water in a large bowl. Then, add fresh milk, filtered lotus seed water, stir well.
- Wait for the lotus seed milk mixture to cool down, add yogurt and stir in one direction.
- Comb the mixture again to obtain the smoothest lotus seed yogurt.
- Pour lotus seed yogurt into small jars, cover.
- Cook a pot of water until it boils, then turn off the heat.
- Put the yogurt jars in a large pot, wait for the water to cool down to about 50 degrees Celsius, then pour into the pot so that it is up to 1/3 of the yogurt jar.
- Cover the pot, incubate the lotus seed yogurt for at least 8 hours, or more if you want a stronger acidity. During yogurt incubation, remember to change the water once. To preserve, put the yogurt jars in the refrigerator and eat them gradually.
Pumpkin and lotus seed milk
- Pumpkin and fresh lotus seeds 100g each
- Longevity milk: 1 teaspoon
- Some pandan leaves (sticky leaves)
- granulated sugar 1 teaspoon
- Tools needed: blender, sieve, chopsticks, pot, stove
Cooking lotus seed pumpkin milk:
- Using fresh lotus seeds, you just need to remove the skin and heart of the lotus. If using dried lotus, take them to soak in hot water to soften! About 2 hours is enough.
- Pumpkin peeled, washed, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook lotus seeds first on the stove. When the lotus seeds are cooked, add the pumpkin to cook together.
- Wait until both lotus seeds and pumpkin are soft, then turn off the heat.
- Pour the above mixture into the blender. When blending, add 500ml of water to achieve the desired consistency of milk.
- Bring the above pureed mixture to a sieve to prevent it from becoming mushy. After filtering, continue to boil the juice.
- When boiling the juice, add sliced pandan leaves, condensed milk and sugar to boil. Use a spoon to gently stir the milk and sugar to dissolve. Once the water boils, turn off the heat.
- At this point, you can always put milk in glass bottles. Or you can wait for them to cool before adding them. Remember to use milk within 3 days only!
Corn milk with lotus seeds
- Fresh lotus seeds: 100g
- Sweet corn, also known as American corn: 2 corn
- White diameter: 2 spoons
- White salt: half a teaspoon
- Cooking utensils: pots, chopsticks, blenders, sieves, etc.
Steps to take:
- Peel the fresh lotus seeds and remove the lotus heart. The lotus seeds are washed and cleaned and then drained.
- Similarly, corn is washed, cut and mixed with lotus seeds.
- Put the mixture of lotus seeds and corn into a pot with 1l of water and boil on the stove. Keep the heat on medium so that the lotus seeds and corn are cooked evenly and secrete a lot of nutrients. When the water mixture boils, add all the white salt and sugar and stir until the seasoning dissolves. Lower the heat and cook for another 15 minutes until the ingredients are cooked through. At this point, turn off the stove and let it cool before doing the next step.
- Bring the pot of water to puree. After grinding, filter out the sieve to get the most quintessential juice.
- Pour the juice into each glass jar and keep in the refrigerator for later use. Maximum use time is 3 days only!
- Lotus corn milk drink hot or cold is very delicious!