Basic tips for a clean wall
To clean the wall, you need to first brush off the dust on the wall. You can use a broom, brush or vacuum cleaner. If you use a broom or brush with stiff bristles, you should cover them with a clean rag to avoid scratching the paint on the wall. Next, dust it off a second time with a dry sponge and clean the stains by spraying it with a lavender water solution consisting of one teaspoon of lavender and one quart of water.
When cleaning the wall by washing method, you should start from the base of the wall first, then move up to let the water dry gradually, avoiding the water running down to form long stains. After washing, wait until the wall is dry, then use a soft and clean towel to wipe it again. Note that you should wrap a rag around your wrist when washing the wall to prevent water from running down your arm. During the cleaning process, you need two buckets of water. One bucket is for mixing cleaning solutions, the other bucket is used to clean the wall again (the water must be changed as soon as the water turns black).
For stains caused by colored water
When accidentally causing stains on the wall due to coffee, wine, soft drinks or colored water on the white painted wall, it will quickly stain the wall, losing the bright white beauty of the wall. To conduct cleaning, you need to consider the quality of the wall, when pouring water into it, it is easy to absorb and dry quickly, ensuring that after cleaning does not degrade the quality of the wall.
You just need to mix a little detergent with warm water, when stains appear due to the above drink. Then use a soft cloth dipped in the mixture and then gently wipe the stain caused by the spilled drink. Repeat several times until the stain is cleaned.
How to clean tiled walls
Yellow stains on wall tiles often appear in the kitchen and toilet areas. For perennial yellow stains, use a cleaner with a glossy enamel surface. For matte or matte enamel surfaces, use the following:
- Prepare some clean kitchen ash.
- Sprinkle kitchen ash on the stained area, after 3 minutes use a brush to scrub vigorously, until this stain disappears, then rinse with clean water, the tiled wall will become shiny like new.
For stains caused by ink, pencil
In families with young children, dirty walls caused by children drawing indiscriminately or pouring ink on the walls are very common cases. At this time, do not rush to call the cleaning staff or apply new paint on it, but try to clean the ink and pencil strokes in the following way: You need to prepare an old toothbrush, a little vinegar and a clean towel .
The method is also very simple, you just need to use a cloth soaked in vinegar and then rub it on the stain, then use a brush to remove deep ink stains. As for the paint color, the performer applies a little mayonnaise on the stain, the ink and then leaves it for a few minutes and then wipes it with a damp cloth. Make sure you will be surprised at the clean white results of this way.
How to clean walls with wallpaper
Before cleaning, you need to remove all dirt with a broom, soft cloth brush or vacuum cleaner.
With walls that can be washed, you use the following solutions:
- Use a regular cleaning solution, hot water with a little ammonia or some form of liquid solvent like WD-40 to remove ink and pencil stains.
- Use a warm soapy water solution to remove grease stains.
- For other types of stains on the wallpaper, clean according to the manufacturer’s instructions (if applicable).
Stains caused by dust
Houses on the street or houses near the road will be exposed to a lot of dirt, so it will be stuck to the wall and be difficult to remove. However, if you know the following tips, this will become easier.
With a cloth and a brush wipe the wall before cleaning. Then use a sponge or sponge soaked in soda to gently rub the wall. Make sure your walls will become bright again as they were. In case the stain cannot be completely removed, dry the wall with a clean towel, then use a special cleaner to wipe it.
How to clean painted walls
Cleaning painted walls is also quite simple, but you have to be careful to avoid spreading the stain or peeling the paint. Initially, you use a broom or a soft-bristled brush to clean the dust before applying the ways to clean the walls. Then you identify the stains, check the properties of the wall paint, and find the right treatment (you have to make sure the cleaning solution doesn’t strip the paint on the walls).
Here are some cleaning methods you can refer to:
- Use soda water solution to clean pencil, pens, etc. Soak the solution on a towel and rub the stains until clean.
- Use toothpaste to clean the black marks on the wall that are created when rubbing hard objects. Apply a layer of toothpaste to the stain, wait a few minutes, and then wipe it off with a soft, damp cloth.
- Wash the wall with a solution of warm soapy water or distilled white vinegar that is still warm and steaming. As for vinegar, after cleaning, you do not need to wipe it again with clean water because they will not leave any residue.
- For stubborn stains, you will need a stronger cleaning solution than soapy water such as a mixture of 100g (or 30ml) of soda with 4 liters of water. Use a towel to absorb the above solution and wipe the stains, then rinse and dry again.
However, you should avoid using products containing a lot of alcohol to clean the walls because they always have the risk of leaving shiny marks compared to other paint areas around.
How to remove mold on the wall of the house
In wet weather, your walls can become patchy with mold growth. You can then remove them with a white vinegar water solution. If you clean by spraying the solution directly onto the wall, you should spray slowly and wipe it off immediately before they have a chance to run down other clean walls. Also, to avoid mold growth, it’s better to carefully dry the walls after bathing and cooking.
You can remove mold with a white vinegar water solution. If cleaning by spraying the solution directly onto the wall, you should spray slowly and wipe it off immediately before it flows into other clean walls. Also, to avoid mold growth, it’s better to carefully dry the walls after bathing and cooking.
How to clean walls without wallpaper
With walls that are not wallpapered, cleaning seems to be more difficult. Before cleaning, you also need to remove dirt with a broom, brush or vacuum cleaner.
- For grease stains, you put on a sheet of blotting paper, then after a few turns with an iron and then lift it, the grease stains can transfer from the wall to the blotting paper.
- Grease stains can also be removed with talcum powder, cornstarch or borax powder. Mix the powder with a little water and then cover the stains, wait until it dries, then use a soft cloth to wipe it off.
- For pencil marks, try scraping gently to remove some, then using an eraser to erase and finally a specialized method (like using bread for example) if The stains are still not completely removed.
How to clean wooden walls
First, you clean the dust with a broom, soft brush or vacuum cleaner. Then use a warm soapy water solution or mild detergent solutions to wash the stained areas. With outdoor wood walls, lichens, algae and other common stains can be removed with a soft cloth soaked in white vinegar.
At the same time, in the process of cleaning the wall, you need to avoid using a water sprayer because it creates conditions for mold growth. In addition, you should conduct cleaning of outdoor walls on dry days so that the walls dry quickly, avoiding the possibility of stench and rotting.