Use the pyramid principle
Sort travel by original pyramid Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Put the rolled clothes into the suitcase, we have 1 floor.
- Step 2: Fold jeans and trousers in half, fold them vertically. Then fold the trouser waistband in front, the trouser leg sticking out.
- Step 3: Stack one more layer of rolled clothes.
- Step 4: If there are jackets or accessories, shoes, we put them on this floor.
- Step 5: Fold the protruding pant legs in step 2 to the top.
- Step 6: Put small items around, the corners of the suitcase.
Bring only what is really useful
Let’s pick out the really necessary items for your travel and bring:
- Medicines should be kept in a zip-lock bag or inside a shoe. Do not bring the whole medicine cabinet, choose the most necessary drugs, or the medicine being used during treatment. Don’t forget to put them in a small bag or pill box.
- Things like laptop bags, camera boxes, hair dryers… should be left at home.
- It is necessary to choose clothes that are easy to combine, light fabrics, less wrinkled.
- Personal items: toothpaste, brush, face towel, cosmetics (should be extracted into small bottles), sunscreen and electronic chargers, spare batteries… Note to put them in separate bags .
- Personal documents: please scan and send to email to prevent theft or loss on the way.
A few tips
Here are a few tips that will greatly help your travel:
- Use a shower cap to cover your shoes, or if you are afraid of getting dirty, you can wrap your shoes in a plastic bag first and then put your things in the suitcase. At the same time, always carry a few spare plastic bags when preparing to pack your suitcase.
- Store toothpaste, facial cleanser, shower gel, shampoo, washing powder in small bottles, less than 100ml capacity or in small travel packs.
- Leave tickets, passports, visas in the easiest place to find and always carry them with you.
- Don’t be too greedy and clingy when preparing your luggage for travel. Bring less but necessary items and increase the amount you bring.
- Give up the habit of shopping uncontrollably at the tourist destination because it may be unnecessary or be bought at a high price.
Make a list of essentials for the trip
Please Make a list in advance of all the things you will bring on the trip and before departure, arrange them all on a large flat surface such as a bed or floor. This will help you not to miss anything and avoid the risk of having to rearrange all of your luggage. In addition, you also need to leave space for your suitcase because it is likely that at the end of the trip you will buy some souvenirs to bring back.
You should consult the weather where you are going to make a list of clothes to bring. This is extremely important for your journey. Surely you wouldn’t want to freeze to death when you come to Korea in the winter and bring a short-sleeved shirt or go to a beach but forget to pack your swimsuit?
Put your shoes inside the shower cap
Footwear is another challenge for travelers. Of course, you don’t want your shoes to contaminate your suitcase, so put your shoes in a dedicated bag and tighten the top of the bag. If you bring a shower cap, turn it inside out and tuck your shoes in. When you reach your stop, you can wash your shower cap again later.
Using this way we will save quite a bit of that area, and can avoid letting dirty shoes affect clothes too. In addition, we can put socks or small cosmetic bottles inside the shoes to avoid loss and fear of breakage.
You’ve tried to squeeze it so tight that there’s still no space left to stuff more stuff, are you sure? We still have the shoes. Shoe mouth gap is the perfect place to store small, elongated items that have been wrapped in a bag. The most typical are watches and hairpin tools.
Roll up your clothes
You should not fold it like I put it in the closet, it takes up a lot of space. We also do not fold items on top of each other, but roll them up, leaving no wrinkles and saving more space in the suitcase. Arranged this way, even a small suitcase can easily hold 3 shorts, 3 jeans, 2 swimwear, 3 long-sleeve tops, 10 cardigans, 5 shirts, and 4 dresses.
Tidy up the clothes like the picture above not only helps you save space in your suitcase, but also avoids wrinkled clothes. If you carry a fragile jar or glass, you can roll your clothes around the item for a “double job”.
Coordinate before deciding to put in the suitcase
Have you ever experienced the feeling of “carrying a lot but wearing little”? The smartest way to pack for travel in this situation is to “mix & match” before deciding to take away. Long pants are clothes that can be worn over and over again, so you don’t need to bring a lot.
Usually, a pair of pants can be combined with two T-shirts of different colors or one short-sleeved, one long-sleeved. If you like to wear dresses, prioritize one-piece items that are easy to fold and put on faster during the trip.
Use a dedicated storage bag
Valuable pieces of clothing (like vintage shirts, business gowns, tuxedos, and cocktail dresses) should not be rolled up. To ensure that these items arrive at the destination in the best condition and can be worn immediately.
Let’s put them in vest pocket or hanger bag. This way, you can easily use the wall hooks available inside the cabin and on the plane.
Use a vacuum bag
Vacuum Bag is no longer a stranger to everyone, right? The vacuum bag has a very simple structure and operating principle. With flexible plastic outer shell and one-way suction valve. Air can only be sucked out, but not inside. You can use a vacuum pump or vacuum cleaner to suck out all the air inside. All clothes fall down. In this way you can save up to 70% of the space.
Use Vacuum Bag to store coats, children’s clothes, soft linen, … both protect clothes and have more storage space. And especially during travel, we can also use them to store dirty clothes. Instead of 2 or 3 suitcases full of clothes, now you feel very light. This vacuum bag can save 70% space. Perhaps that is why many people often call another name as a travel vacuum bag.
Store cosmetics or shampoo, shower gel in small bottles
Not all hotels can fully serve you, so be sure to have personal items in your luggage such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, hair bands, wet tissues or tampons. , tweezers.. These items are small but very convenient for continuous trips.
Extracting shampoo, shower gel, skin care products into small size bottles for travel will save a lot of space in the suitcase, not to mention easy to store, avoid cracking. The most convenient is that we buy 1 set of cosmetic bottles and bottles, then put a separate bag into your luggage!
Remember that you should not carry more than 100 ml of liquid cosmetics per bottle, but instead use travel cosmetic bags or extract small bottles.