Cushion is pretty good at sun protection
If you normally have to use sunscreen to protect your skin, and after a few hours, you have to reapply sunscreen and then start over again, then you can rest assured that the cushion will fix this. By most All current cushions have SPF50 sun protection factor, you don’t need to apply a separate sunscreen anymore. After 2 hours, the sun protection will gradually decrease, so you just need to add cushion and it’s ok.
And because the sun protection ability will gradually decrease in 2 hours, then, you just need to take out the cushion for an extra mile and your face will be protected as before, no need to worry about reapplying sunscreen and then applying the foundation again. .
But please pay attention to hygiene
The best cushion is in the fast – compact – lightweight. We don’t have to click this brush or that brush, but just use the accompanying powder brush, which is both convenient and beautiful. However, this cotton is very easy to accumulate bacteria and can become a “dirty drive” that causes pimples for the skin if it is not cleaned regularly.
To use cushion in the safest and cleanest way, please wash cotton pads with a frequency of 1 time / week with mild soap or makeup remover and change the puff after 2 months. Besides the cotton pad, don’t forget to clean the cotton swab tray with alcohol on a regular basis.
Steps to makeup with water powder
The process of using cushion makeup powder as follows:
- Step 1: Cleanse the skin. Don’t forget the toner to keep your skin hydrated
- Step 2: Slowly spread the powder all over the face
- Step 3: Use concealer to cover red acne particles or dark skin areas such as nose wings, eye bags
- Step 4: Add a little bit of oil-control powder to “lock” for long-lasting makeup.
Small note: You should regularly reapply water powder or use mineral spray after about 2-3 hours of makeup to ensure the most perfect makeup layer!
Cushion has moderate coverage
Although often advertised for the ability to cover “divine” but The truth is that the cushion’s coverage is only average to decent. If your skin has dark bruises or red acne, the cushion alone can’t be “bearable” and you still need to use more concealer.
However, the beauty of the cushion is that you can apply multiple layers to increase the coverage effect without making the skin thick or frizzy. Therefore, if your skin only has faint bruises or freckles, 2-3 layers of cushion can completely “handle” it.
Cushion is not necessarily suitable for all skin types
Cushion Born with the purpose of creating a smooth, healthy foundation, most Cushion lines are for dry skin, not suitable for oily skin. However, because of the demand for use, there are also some brands that launch Cushion lines for oily skin such as Innisfree Long Wear Cushion, Missha M Magic Cushion, Hera UV Mist Cushion, The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion. The above product lines still have a certain shine and the ability to control oil is not completely but still matte and more suitable for oily skin.
Honestly, these cushions can’t control oil 100% but are still significantly more matte and dry than regular cushions. To make the foundation more durable and not oily when using the cushion, you just need to add a thin layer of light powder and the situation has improved markedly.
Are you suitable to use water chalk or not?
Although water powder is a “fever” in the community of beauty believers. However, girls should too Think carefully before choosing to buy any kind of cosmetic. Here is a “3 review” formula to help you decide whether to use this product or not:
- Considering geography: The powder is too thin, so the coverage is lower than the foundation and concealer, so before deciding to buy this concealer you need to see what condition your skin is in. For a skin with a lot of acne and dark scars, foundation creams with high coverage will be more suitable for you, or if you still want to use powder, you should use it with concealer before using powder. water for the next step
- Consider habits: They can save her a lot of time. But in fact, if she likes to be meticulous and perfect, the poor oil control of this product will hinder you.
- Economically: The product is quite expensive compared to the relatively small capacity. For those of you who often wear makeup, you should calculate the powder in your spending every 2 months.
Cushion is more suitable for people with fairer skin
Most of the cushions available on the market today have a fairly bright color range, so If you have light to white skin, choosing a cushion will be very easy. In case your skin is a bit dark, finding a cushion color that matches your skin tone will be more difficult. However, do not be afraid to buy a cushion that is a bit lighter than your real skin color because usually after about 30 minutes – 1 hour, the foundation will tone down, become a little darker and more harmonious with your skin tone.
The important thing when choosing a cushion color is that you need to rely on your skin’s undertone. If your skin is yellowish-white, choose a cushion color that is the same and the same for pinkish-white skin. The types of cushions on the market today are also divided into 2 main colors, white yellow and white pink, so you will easily choose the color that best suits you.
Common mistakes when using chalk
When using water powder, be careful not to make the following makeup mistakes:
- Stamping too much chalk on the cotton pad: Another note you should know when using water chalk is that each time you use it, you should not put too much chalk on the cotton pad. Do not press the cotton pad too hard into the powder box, gently, little by little, then slowly on the skin. Powder can’t replace concealer, so overusing it will make the skin lose its naturalness.
- Use concealer before foundation: Powder can help you conceal your skin, but not as “strong” as concealer. It can only help the skin look even and fade imperfections such as acne, freckles. Some of you mistakenly use the concealer before the water powder, which makes the powder layer uneven. The correct way is that you should slow down the powder first, then use concealer to dot in the spots that still reveal the flaws of the skin.
- Do not reverse the powder core when using almost all the powder: Using water chalk regularly you will find a box of water chalk is quite worn out and runs out quickly. The trick for you to save more when using powder is to turn the face of the chalk core to continue using it for at least 1 week. There is quite a bit of ice cream left at the bottom of the box if you don’t know and throw it in the trash, it’s a real waste! And of course, before you turn the face of the powder, remember to wash your hands and don’t force it.
What is a cushion?
Cushion is another way of calling chalk – a liquid powder that combines 3 types of water-based foundations such as BB cream, CC cream and foundation, these foundations are incubated in a cushion with lots of air holes, accompanied by puffs. Cushion has a 3-in-1 use because it shortens the makeup process into one step (including foundation, concealer and powder) convenient and time-saving when applying makeup, with simple operation. You need to use a cotton pad to gently press the sponge to take the right amount of powder and gently apply it to your face, wait for 1 minute, the foundation will dry by itself and give you an extremely thin and transparent natural foundation.
Born in 2008 but in 2012, Cushion began to penetrate the Vietnamese market and became a hot trend of beauty enthusiasts because of its easy and quick operation, but still providing an extremely natural and thin foundation.
Until now, the Cushion trend has not shown any signs of cooling down and is still causing a fever with many new Cushions such as April Skin, Missha Magic Cushion,…
Short shelf life and small volume
Their capacity is quite small and the shelf life is also short than other foundations and powders. Besides, the average price from 200.000 VND – 500.000 VND is also something that girls consider. Therefore, it can be said that the investment for chalk is quite expensive.
How to fix: Areas such as the corners of the eyes or the corners of the nose, instead of using a sponge, you can use your fingers to spread the powder evenly, both economically and effectively.
Leave a Reply