Children do not play with you
Situation: During the corner activity, you guys entered the game, but there was a child who didn’t play in the corner at all, if you were the teacher of that class, how would you handle it?
- In this case, the teacher should find out why the child is like this to have an appropriate solution: If the child’s health is not good, the teacher needs to take appropriate care.
- If the topic of play is not suitable for the children’s needs and ideas, the teacher should talk with the children to grasp the children’s play ideas, thereby knowing how to prepare utensils and toys for children to participate in. play.
- Because children lack playing skills, you should talk and play with children, timely praise and encourage children to create excitement for children.
Children nag, do not listen
Situation: At home, this situation is more common because children know that their parents always love and will surely comply with their wishes. The best way for parents to overcome their child’s stubbornness is to ignore the child, pretending not to see the child cry. Parents should understand that, if the child cries and the parents care immediately, follow the child’s will to stop the crying, the child will know the parent’s weakness and continue to follow.
- The parent’s ignoring of the child serves as a reminder to the child that the child’s solution of nagging and crying has not been successful and the parent will not respond to the child’s request. After seeing that the baby stops crying, parents should ask about the child’s problems and what parents can do to help the child.
- Parents may have to wait a long time for their children, but to understand their children, nothing is a waste of time. Parents listening to children also helps children feel that they are respected and heard. The advice and analysis of parents for children at such times really works.
Children insist on saying “no” in all situations
Situation: Children insist on saying “no” in all situations. This is considered the most obvious manifestation of stubborn, disobedient children. Whether it’s a fun activity or a learning activity, children are determined to say “no” to the teacher. ”I don’t want to act”, ”I don’t want to wash my hands”, ”I don’t want to play in this corner”, ”I don’t like to sing”,… all kinds, all kinds, all kinds of ways for children to refuse to do what the teacher tells them to.
- Option 1: Instead of yelling, glaring or using spanking to intimidate the child, give her a limited choice: “Do you want to play the role of a turtle or a rabbit?”, “Do you want milk or orange juice? ”, “Do you want to play with friends or do you want to play alone?”… Solution 2 is good enough for this stage. This can avoid the “no” in stubborn children.
Method 2: Sometimes, teachers should also use the solution of counting from 1 to 10 for children who are hesitant: “I will count to 10 and then I choose, or I will choose for you”. Your child will be ready to decide when you start counting. However, this form should be a last resort, after giving an alternative solution because this method is easily invalidated when you use it too many times and will certainly no longer work for stubborn children at school. next times.
The child did not comply with the teacher’s request
Situation: Not following the teacher’s request is also a type of stubbornness in preschool age. Children just want to follow their own whims and make their own decisions. For children in this group, the teacher’s control makes the child uncomfortable and it feels like she is intruding on what the child is doing, so the child does not like the arrangement from the teacher at all. Take a specific case: During the drawing lesson (drawing a dog) with the theme “Animals”, all the children were passionate about drawing and she observed that Hung was drawing a chicken, the teacher said: ”I draw That’s not the right topic, today’s topic is dogs.” Hung replied: ”I don’t like drawing dogs, I just like drawing cars”.
- The teacher should try to praise the child and direct the child to the topic of the drawing: “I know Hung can draw a dog and draw it very well, more beautiful than many of his classmates. Try to draw, if you find it difficult, I will draw with you.”
- If Hung is still stubborn and insists on not drawing, the teacher should help the child by suggesting or explaining the sequence, as well as how to present the model depending on the child’s ability.
- If the child still says no and continues to sit and draw the car, let her draw it because that will also achieve the purpose of the drawing lesson. above.
- At the end of the class, when commenting on the class’s drawings, please take some time to comment on Hung’s drawings and gently remind him to perform the class’s tasks like his classmates.
Children refuse to go to sleep
Situation: During nap time, some babies refuse to go to sleep or still can’t sleep. Babies lie with their eyes open, toss and turn all afternoon, and some babies lie down forever feeling extra legs, extra hands pinching you next to you so that you squeal loudly, some babies cry and ask to come home. mother… As a preschool teacher, in this case, how would you handle it so as not to affect other children?
- When you first go to class, you need to make it a habit for your child to go to bed when it’s time to sleep.
- She can tell a few fairy tales to the baby, should not be told aloud, but gently tell the child to order, listen quietly and go to sleep easily. She can also sing lullabies and care for babies who have trouble sleeping.
- In case, the baby does not want to sleep, you should not force the child, separate the child into another room for the child to play static games such as: puzzles, drawing, modeling and at the same time discuss with parents to ensure Make sure your child gets enough sleep in a day.
Children are aggressive, take toys and hit friends
Situation: Children are aggressive, take toys and hit friends. This is considered a fairly common occurrence in preschool classes. This always makes teachers feel tired and headache in putting their children in order. In some cases, when a child is fighting over a toy, she can gently advise the child to obey, but if the child is stubborn, being gentle does not seem to solve the problem. However, this does not mean that she scolds and punishes the baby, but skillfully handles as follows.
- Before letting children play, teachers need to prepare. Ideally, she should make him the leader of the group, ask him to hand out toys and show you how to play. At this point, the baby will feel very proud of himself when she trusts him with the task and of course will follow it right after. When the child is done, do not forget to praise and praise so that the child feels that his or her work is right, useful, and feels that his role is very important in the class.
- At home, fighting over toys and aggression in children can also occur, but parents may find it more difficult to find solutions to overcome this situation than preschool teachers. . Because, they have an advantage that is the whole class. At the preschool age, children always want their friends to play with them and pay attention to them. When they do well, do well and are praised in front of the class, the children will surely be very happy and imitate each other to be praised as well. Therefore, aggression, taking toys and hitting friends in children will also be significantly reduced.
Children just love to eat rice with soup
Situation: In the class, there is a child who refuses to eat meat every time it is time to eat, but only eats rice and soup, if you were the teacher of that class, how would you handle it?
- Find out the reason through the parents of students, by monitoring the children’s meals in class.
- Talk with your child or a group of children about meat dishes and the benefits of food to the body.
- Organize as well as encourage children to participate in activities. Children practice being a housewife to process meat dishes: making spring rolls, pho rolls…
- At meals, the teacher introduces the food and encourages the children to eat less. Coordinating with parents to prepare other dishes from meat to train children to eat from less to more.
Criticize the teacher all kinds, give her errands and threaten parents if she scolds her
Situation: Criticize the teacher all kinds of things, give her errands and threaten parents if she scolds the child. Maybe it’s more reasonable for a teacher to criticize a student, but in a preschool environment, anything can happen and it’s not uncommon for a “game to criticize her” is not uncommon. ”She sings so bad”, ”she read stories worse than mother and daughter” and even ordered her to act like a worker, threatening if she yelled, she would tell her mother to fire her job. This is definitely a common case for children who are spoiled by their parents who are born stubborn and disobedient. In front of such a student, you should not react harshly because the more you do, the more negative it will be. Teachers should be very calm, handling to not only solve the stubbornness in children but also help children love and be more friendly with the teacher.
- In the case of often criticizing her, the teacher should be very calm and do not be too angry with the child’s comment. First, you should praise the child for giving suggestions to the teacher, and at the same time, you should remind him that: ”Next time if you want to give a speech, please raise your hand to ask not to speak like that. when the teacher is singing, reading a story and the children should whisper in her ear.”
- And if the child often makes mistakes and says harsh words to the teacher, she should explain to him that it is not wise to say such things. If the baby is bad, the friends will not play with her anymore and she will not give the flower to the good child. At the end of the week, she saw that everyone was reminded of her name and praised, giving flowers that she didn’t have, so she waited, wanted to receive gifts like you. And of course, stubbornness will also change from here.
Children leave toys around
Situation: Children finished playing with friends, but when the teacher asked to rearrange the toys in the same position as the original, the children did not comply and did. In that case, how will the preschool teacher handle it?
- The first thing you need to do is not to heat up and yell at the child, but gently remind the child to put the toy in the right place. If the child is still stubborn and disobedient, you can set some rules and punishments for those who do not arrange the toys in the correct position as they were.
- By doing so, you can train your child to be disciplined, as well as follow the rules in the classroom.
Children say climbing, swearing
Situation: There is a child in the class, she is studying in a model class. During class, she often talks about climbing. The teacher did not ask me what I said, sometimes even using profanity to affect the class. What should you do as a teacher?
- First, you need to find out the cause of your baby’s behavior, then come up with an appropriate solution
- The child with the above behavior may be because he or she is talking or the teacher has not allowed the child to speak, the teacher should follow the following suggestions: When seeing that the child is about to show the expression of freedom of speech, the teacher should show unsatisfied by gestures, gestures, facial expressions to let the baby know.
- Always praise children who raise their hands to speak; for the child to follow. Use the picture “Children raise their hands to speak” hanging on the class board to remind the child and the whole class to always perform the right behavior.
- When the child speaks freely, the teacher should ask the child to sit down and then have him raise his hand and speak again. After each time, the teacher should encourage and praise the child so that he understands that it is the right behavior. Timely praise when the child knows how to raise his hand to speak.