Steamed and fried fish cakes
On the market, there are countless kinds of fish cakes such as fried fish cakes, steamed fish cakes or fresh unprocessed fish cakes. If you are wondering which type of fish cake is the best, you can read through this article. Currently, if it comes to the aspect of delicious fish cakes, there are many types of fish cakes made from different types of fish but the most popular and popular are 3 types of fish including: mackerel, barracuda and termite. These types of fish are mainly found in the South Central Coast, so the fish cakes in this area are considered the best in Vietnam.
- 700g basa fish fillet
- Few pieces of pork skin: chopped
- 3 eggs: break the eggs and keep the yolks and whites separate
- Few green onion stalks
- Spices: salt, pepper, monosodium glutamate
- Put the fish in the blender with the spices until it reaches a paste, then spread it evenly until the tough fish no longer sticks to the mortar.
- Cut the pork skin into small pieces and mix well into the basted fish. At this point, if you like, you can squeeze the rolls into pieces and fry them. If you don’t like fried food, you can steam it like this:
- Spread a thin layer of cooking oil on the steaming tray and put the fish in. Then use your hand to spread the oil with the top of the patty.
- Steam the rolls for about 20 minutes, take them out, and pour a layer of egg yolk on top of the rolls. Then steam for about 10 more minutes.
When it’s really cold, you cut it into pieces and serve it with banh cuon or with bread.
The sweet taste of snails, the greasy flesh of raw ham mixed with the characteristic aroma of guise leaves will create a frugal dish that locals are extremely attractive. If you don’t have a menu for tonight, let’s go to the kitchen to prepare this delicious snail cake!
- 500g snail meat: wash and squeeze well with lemon juice to clean the slime. When you see the water clear, you can use it for processing.
- 300g raw ham
- 1 teaspoon spices: minced ginger, minced lemongrass, seasoning seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- A few branches of lemongrass smashed
- Few chopped lemon leaves
- A few slices of ginger
- A few banana leaves
- Grind the snails so that the fineness is only about 70% so that when you eat it, you can feel the snail’s taste intact.
- Mix the snails with the prepared ingredients and seasonings.
- Spread the banana leaves, arrange the lemon leaves on top and add the snail cake. In the middle of the patty, put a piece of lemongrass and a few slices of ginger and pack it tightly.
- Place each patty in the pot. After about 30 minutes, the rolls will be cooked.
This banana leaf snail roll dish needs to be eaten immediately while it is still hot, it will be very delicious.
Shrimp fried rice is an extremely attractive dish, especially when used with banh beo or banh nam. Reveal to you the perfect recipe for shrimp rolls without adding flour.
- 1/2kg headless shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 scallions, washed and cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 little diced fat in the oven to heat, until it is clear, remove (if there is no fat, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and mix together)
- 1 egg, separate whites and yolks
- After the shrimp are frozen, take them out and grind as soon as the shrimp are cold.
- Remove shrimp to a bowl and mix well with tapioca flour and the rest of the spices
- Using cooking oil, apply evenly on the palm of your hand and squeeze each flat round piece. Roll the shrimp in the breadcrumbs one at a time until the end.
- Heat up a pan with oil and slowly add the shrimp patties and fry until golden brown.
Grilled beef rolls with bay leaves
Grilled beef patties with chili garlic fish sauce, served with some noodles and raw vegetables are delicious. The dish is a familiar dish of Vietnamese people, the main ingredient is usually ground pork. However, today, try to make grilled pork chops from beef, instead of frying it, bake it to see if it’s more delicious.
- 330g ground beef
- 2 lemongrass bulbs, white part only, sliced
- 2 dried onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (tapioca or tapioca)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Piper lolot
- Crush lemongrass, onion, and garlic until pureed. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can finely chop them.
- Bring lemongrass, dried onion, garlic mixed with ground beef. Add salt, fish sauce, sugar, pepper, cooking oil, cornstarch, water and mix well.
- Wash the bay leaves, drain the water. Put the beef in the middle of the leaf, fold the two sides of the leaf to seal.
- Take a stick skewer a small hole, then attach the petiole to secure.
- Before baking, spread a layer of cooking oil on each patty.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 5-10 minutes.
- If you don’t have an oven, you can also put the patties in a frying pan, but it won’t be as delicious.
- Grilled beef patties with chili garlic sauce, served with vermicelli will be very suitable.
Fried pork belly
Fried pork belly is a rustic but attractive dish, you can use it in a family meal, eat it with vermicelli or make a dish for a party.
- 1 pound of pork fat
- 2 ounces lean loin
- 50ml water fat (or cooking oil)
- 2 ounces pork skin (pork skin)
- Banana leaves, monosodium glutamate, fish sauce, salt
- Wash the pork fat, cut it into thin slices and put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Pork skin bought back shaved clean, washed, put in boiling water, blanched, and then washed with cold water. Let dry. Then take a knife to cut the skin is still very thin.
- Tenderloin washed, thinly sliced, small.
- Use a wet rag to wipe the banana leaves.
- The tenderloin is put in a meat grinder to grind finely, then add the pork fat and blend until the two things are finely crushed. Then add pepper, salt, and MSG to grind together.
- Chopped pork skin, then put it in the blender to mix well with the ground ingredients (note not to puree the skin).
- Spread the banana leaves on a flat surface, put the mixture of meat and fat, just ground up, wrap tightly, cover the ends. Use string or peanuts to tie tightly.
- Bring the pot of water to a boil, put the bacon in and cook it, then take it out and let it cool. Put it in the fridge for 4-6 hours to harden and firm.
- Peel off the banana peel, cut the sausage into bite-sized slices (you can also fry the whole plant). Fry in hot oil until golden brown, then remove and drain.
- Eat hot. Can dip chili sauce or soy sauce, fish sauce.
Hand pounded squid cake – Quang Ninh’s specialty dish is made from fresh squid, especially apricot squid. Not only that, apricot squid must be caught in the Ha Long Bay area to produce the sweet and fragrant squid cake dish typical of this place. This is what makes the name of Quang Ninh’s hand pounded squid cake as well as makes this dish have a really different taste. Sometimes changing flavors to make the daily menu more rich with pounded squid is also a great suggestion. You can absolutely make Quang Ninh’s special dish with a simple way of making pounded squid at home.
- 500g squid fillet (choose cuttlefish or cuttlefish for thick and tough flesh): remove black bile, wash and cut into pieces, keep the squid beard separately.
- 100g fresh shrimp: wash, peel, remove the thread and pat dry with a towel
- 5g neck fat: finely chopped
- 300g minced meat
- Mixing seasoning: salt, ear fish sauce, pepper, monosodium glutamate
- To separate the squid beard, all the remaining ingredients are mixed with the prepared spices. Leave it for about 30 minutes in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator with squid whiskers.
- Puree the squid when it is still very cold until the puree is as smooth as raw pork. If your blender is old, it may get hot. At this point, you put the squid back in the refrigerator and let it freeze before continuing to puree it.
- Mix the squid beard into the ground squid and squeeze it into flat round pieces. Note to avoid sticking to your hands, difficult to squeeze the pieces, you should apply a little oil on your hands first!
- Heat oil in a pan and slowly drop the patties in and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Eating squid rolls right when it’s still hot will be great. You can dip it with chili sauce or green chili salt, both are very delicious.
Note: When fried squid will swell, but when it cools down, it will collapse, so you need to anticipate to squeeze the patty to fit each time!
Since ancient times, crab cakes have been considered the dishes of noble and rich families. The dish of crab cakes became a measure of the family’s wealth. Today, crab cakes are no longer strange to many families. However, in order to have delicious and standard crab cakes, not everyone knows how to do it.
- 200g minced lean meat
- 800g crab meat
- 6 chicken egg
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 3 chopped purple onions
- A few stalks of finely chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasonings: pepper, salt and sugar
- Mix all ingredients (except eggs and crab meat) with the prepared spices.
- When the mixture is smooth, beat the eggs and mix gently with the crab meat and this mixture.
- Apply a little oil to the palm of your hand and squeeze into pieces. Then fry in a pan filled with oil.
Alternatively, if you want to steam, right from the stage of mixing the eggs, keep one, beat and coat the pressed mixture in the bowl before steaming. Or, you can divide it into two portions and cook the patties using both methods.
Each type of crab cake has its own delicious taste and is suitable for different types of food. Therefore, depending on the purpose of use and taste of each person, you can choose to fry or steam.
Cha Ca La Vong
Referring to Hanoi’s delicious dishes, almost everyone immediately thinks of the “triple”: pho, bun cha and the famous La Vong fish cake. Not only delicious, attractive, famous both at home and abroad, this Vietnamese folk dish also converges many traditional and typical beauty of Hanoi people. Enjoying La Vong fish cake brings the feeling of enjoying the most elegant and unique of one of the famous dishes of Ha Thanh land.
- 1kg salmon fillet
- 1 young galangal
- 1 turmeric root
- 100g peanuts
- Dill, green onion, red onion, lemongrass, ginger, basil
- Seasoning: monosodium glutamate, shrimp paste, sugar, lime juice, batch, white wine, garlic oil, cooking oil (or water fat)
- Buy fish to clean the intestines, wash it briefly, then proceed to fillet fish. After filleting, wash with water and pat dry, cut fish into rectangular pieces, about 1,5cm thick. Then remove the fishy smell of fish by soaking in white wine mixed with a few slices of thinly sliced ginger.
- Fresh basil, scallions, lemongrass and dill are picked, washed, and drained. Red onion peeled, washed. Finely chop the red onion, lemongrass and dill.
- Roast the ripe peanuts, remove the skins, leave the seeds whole. The galangal tubers are washed and finely chopped. Turmeric is washed, pureed and squeezed out of the body to get the juice
- Marinate fish with a mixture of 1/3 teaspoon salt, 1/3 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons monosodium glutamate, 3 tablespoons minced galangal, 3 tablespoons shrimp paste, 2 tablespoons minced dill, 2 tablespoons minced shallot, 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass, 2 tablespoons batch, then add 3 tablespoons of turmeric juice and mix well.
- The amount of shrimp paste used to marinate the fish can be adjusted to make it lighter because only a small amount is needed for the dish to smell good. Put the marinated fish in the refrigerator for about 60 minutes to let the ingredients infuse the flavors evenly
Grilled Fish Cake:
- Clip the fish to the griddle, grilling fish on the charcoal stove is the most delicious. During the baking process, remember to spread cooking oil or grease on the fish to make the fish shiny and not dry. If you do not have the opportunity to bake fish cakes with a charcoal stove, you can use an oven instead. Bake the fish at 250 degrees for 15 minutes, until the surface of the fish is slightly golden.
Fried Cha Ca:
- Put the pan on the stove, put in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or fat, drop the grilled fish balls in and fry them until golden brown on both sides. Next sprinkle onions, dill, gently stir for about 2 seconds for vegetables to cook, fish balls are hot and then turn off the heat.
Making La Vong Fish Sauce with Shrimp Sauce:
- You mix 1 tablespoon of shrimp paste with ¼ teaspoon of MSG, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of garlic oil, stir well to foam up.
- To have delicious shrimp paste without fishy, before eating you mix in a bowl of fish sauce with ½ tablespoon of white wine and then steam it in water for 5 minutes.
Roasted cinnamon pork
Cinnamon roll is a dish originating from the Northern Delta, bearing the characteristics of Vietnamese culinary culture. Along with fried rice, fried rice, fish cake, squid cake, etc., cinnamon rolls contribute to making the collection of Vietnamese dishes unique and rich. This article will show you how to make simple cinnamon rolls at home without an oven, just steam and then fry to have delicious crispy cinnamon rolls.
- 1kg pork tenderloin: washed, drained and finely chopped
- 10g baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons seasonings: salt, pepper, sugar, seasoning
- 1 inner nylon sheet
- Marinate meat with spices (except cinnamon powder) for about 3 hours. Then put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat after freezing and grind it as soon as it is cold until the pork belly is really pink.
- Mix the ground meat with 2 tablespoons of oil for a glossy finish
- Add the cinnamon powder and whisk until the dough is chewy.
- Apply a layer of oil to the prepared nylon sheet and pack it tightly
- Steam the spring rolls for about 60 minutes
- When using, you just need to bring fried rolls to be golden brown to enjoy with the whole family.
Beef ball is an attractive dish because of its delicious and crispy taste, so beef balls are loved by many people today. Beef ball is eaten in other dishes today such as beef noodle soup, beef ball hot pot, beef ball noodle. Learning how to make beef balls at home is one of the ways to ensure your family’s health and save money.
- 600g lean beef
- 100g pork fat.
- 3 teaspoons tapioca starch.
- 1 teaspoons sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of MSG.
- One tablespoon of cooking oil.
- One tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- A little ground pepper.
- You clean the beef and lard, wash it, then cut the beef into small pieces for easy grinding, you also slice the pork fat lengthwise. Then marinate with spices, you add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of MSG, 1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Then mix all the above mixture together so that it is even, then put it in the refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes.
- After the beef has cooled, then you take the grinder to start grinding the meat, depending on how big or small your grinder is, you add the amount of ground meat to grind accordingly, usually the meat grinder makes beef balls at About 1kg at home is fine. After grinding all the meat, season it again to taste, add 1/2 teaspoon of MSG, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 3 teaspoons of tapioca starch, then grind for another 5 minutes. let everything go up. When the meat is finished grinding, you add the pepper to the mix, you can use your hands or a machine to mix it.
- After grinding, prepare a pot of boiling water and then proceed to squeeze the ground meat into beef balls, put the beef in the palm of your hand, then gently squeeze the beef ball to convex into a circle on the thumb. You use a spoon to scoop into the pot of boiling water, you keep doing it until the ground beef is gone. Or you can use a beef ball machine, after you’re done, fry the beef ball in the pot to fry, just need to fry it to be able to use it, because the beef ball is very easy to cook. After frying the beef balls, let them cool and start enjoying.