Capture every idea
You are walking on the street, you are sitting at the park, you are doing housework, you are studying, or you are doing a lot of other things, and suddenly you have an idea want to compose a story. You have dimly imagined a favorite episode in your head, then what you need is to start and develop your idea into a story, yours, by you, and you are the author. Yes, nothing is impossible, believe me, your idea will be great.
Capture every idea you have. Rewrite. And that’s the first step to a piece of work. In this regard, it is recommended that you have a notebook with you so that you are always ready to take notes.
Don’t underestimate your own abilities
Young authors are more or less compared to those who already have a reputation in the literary world. The consequence of that comparison is that they no longer trust their own writing. They feel that they are not good enough or that their writing is not of publication quality and some even give up writing altogether.
However, when you dare to pick up a pen and write, you are one step closer to the title of ‘writer’. You just effort, passion , and patient than in the writing process, it’s only a matter of time before succeeding on the ‘selling’ road – or at least, that’s what experience has taught me.
Try different genres and topics to find your strengths
When starting a pen, writers are often encouraged to write only about topics or genres that they are interested in or have a thorough understanding of. After months of sticking to the above advice, I’ve found this to be helpful advice, but it’s still not enough.
Maintaining a theme in all language productions is frustrating for writers. Gradually, writing for them will turn from joy to burden.
If you are just starting out, Don’t be in a hurry to stick to one genre or topic. Try a few first. Many veteran writers have also freely “created around” before finding their strengths. Ernest Hemingway before publishing his first novel wrote a lot of poetry and short stories. Or Roald Dahl wrote about war for a long time before coming to children’s stories.
Job start writing is an indispensable thing you need to do if you want to create your own brainchild. Ideas, no matter how good, if you don’t start to realize them, those ideas are just trash. Yes, it should be emphasized that those ideas will become junk. I have seen many friends exchange ideas with me very well and impressively, but they are lazy, procrastinating and gradually I find that they forget their original enthusiasm. And forgetting begins the burial. No matter how good an idea is, it’s a waste if you don’t write it down.
The story of writing, when starting to write, some people write it straight away, some people just write it after a few days, some people write every day,… No matter how you write, believe in yourself, Believe the story in your imagination, and especially “don’t leave it too long”! Leaving too long will make you forget and either you forget, or when you rewrite you have to study the same ideas that you were so knowledgeable about.
Layout the story
If you have an idea, don’t write it down right away, make one clear layout. Making a layout about the title of the work, the names of the main chapters, the main content of the chapters helps you not to “lock your mind”. Ideas are infinite, but without a starting point, “hiding” ideas is a common thing that happens when we write. So, creating an initial layout helps you define the main things you want to convey.
Often a layout will include the core content (mainly the meanings you want to convey through the story). Do not recommend limiting the number of chapters, but at least generalize the “must have” chapters so that we have a clearer and more specific direction.
Write the plot
This method will help you form a starting point for your story. Plot It doesn’t have to be something out of the ordinary, you just need to write down the general idea so you can build your story. Once you’ve written halfway through the book, review the original plot you wrote. You will be quite surprised to see the change in your opinion.
You need to either change your story to fit the original plot or get rid of it and go in the new direction of the story you’re writing. You can also mix and match the two – it’s up to you. Remember this is your book!
Correction is an important step in completing your story. Maybe your original story wasn’t as good as you wanted, but just keep writing and have faith in the story as well as the writer, maybe the story isn’t good at first, but you have to write it to realize you’re missing something. What to convey what you want in the most perfect way.
Fix it in two steps:
- Self-repair: The original repair is a rework. You know, “typhoons are not equal to Vietnamese grammar”, many young people nowadays, because of reading and converting, have grammatical disorders, confused sentences and redundant prefixes and suffixes. Personally, first of all as a reader, I feel that I will “go back” or “quit” such stories right away. Why? Because there are so many good stories or books out there, with good grammar, good sentences, flawless content and easy to read, why should I waste time reading and trying to arrange the words in a sentence and try to understand that sentence? What are you trying to say? Remember, grammar and sentences are what make the first impression on readers. Enhancing the sentence and writing it correctly is respecting the National Language as well as respecting the writer and the reader
- Thanks to readers for correction: Posting your story on a reputable forum, website or blog for others to read and comment on will make you realize more things and have a method to correct the story to make it better. And if possible, look for qualified and objective people, look for active readers. As such, I believe you will progress much faster than you think.
Don’t just re-read it once after writing
It can be said that self-editing is a mistake that most young authors make. They assume that editing is simply rereading the text, correcting minor typos, and sending it out. However, the edit a language product There are still many issues to pay attention to such as layout, logic, expression.
Here are a few ways you can edit your own articles:
- Read the entire text aloud instead of silently. Reading aloud makes it easier to spot spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors than just running through it in your head. In addition, it also helps you know if the text is strong or not so that you can change it accordingly.
- Read the text over and over and ask someone else to edit it. These people will point you out the mistakes you missed while reading and give you a more objective review of your product.
- Editing requires a lot of time and patience. If your writing is not thoroughly edited then you run the risk of having to rewrite everything.
Always remember, it takes “edi” days before people write more firmly.
Small but very important notes
What to do when out of ideas?
- The idea of being stuck is something that often happens to those of you who don’t write often or are suddenly “cut off” emotions.
- To overcome this, you should temporarily “stop writing”, find a few short stories or extremely short stories with the same topic to read, so you will be able to regain some emotion.
- And go somewhere to relax, go look at the sky, look at the river and see the grass, do things that you haven’t tried yet, like take a walk in the street, roll up your pants and go weed, etc. There are many ways for you to get your feelings and ideas back. Relax and don’t let yourself be inhibited!
How to have a good expression?
- To express sentences smoothly, pay attention to word usage, be flexible in simple and compound sentences to create your own emphasis.
Is it necessary to follow the steps above?
- The answer is no, writing is for each person and depends on inspiration, if you can start writing right away, you can skip unnecessary things.
Identify the elements that help make a good long story
If you want to be a famous writer, think twice about enrolling in a school writing class (unless you’re already pursuing it); choose the Literature class instead. You need to know how to read deeply before you can start writing. You will be able to properly form sentence structure, character traits, plot, and character development if you know how to read before you start writing.
- Background: The setting of a story is the time, place, and circuTaxances in which the story takes place. Of course, you don’t have to write these down right away. Similar to an artist, you will create a picture in the mind of the reader by painting around the main subject.
- Figure: Every story has a main character and a supporting character. It’s important that you make your characters interesting and present them appropriately. The introduction to the setting, and even your character, is called the intro.
- Conflict: Conflict is a serious problem your character faces, often the reason your story was conceived. The climax is over, the problem is solved, and all the hidden things are exposed. Note: if you are planning to create a series, you need to leave at least one problem that needs to be answered.
- Detail: is one of the important elements that you must pay attention to in your book. Instead of just saying, “The sky is so blue,” talk about the blue in detail, such as “The sky is a little indigo”. This really adds to the fun of your story. But don’t go too far. An example of this is: “The sky has a slight indigo light, mixed with the color of agate burned in the sand, with a few layers of white foam of broken waves of turquoise blue tinged with lemon yellow. “.