Cure cough with perilla leaves
Perilla is a plant with a characteristic aroma and spicy taste. It is often used for cooking so it is very familiar to our people. However, the use of perilla leaves to treat diseases, especially coughs, is not known to everyone. Perilla leaves are known for their main use in clearing colds, except for maple, and warming the body when infected with cold. In Oriental medicine, perilla is also recognized as a herb with spicy taste, warm nature, light aroma, the effect of perilla goes into the waste – heart – spleen to promote the effect of lowering gas. Perilla is a safe cough medicine for adults and children.
- 20g perilla leaves
- 3 fresh onions
- White porridge
- Use 20 grams of finely chopped fresh perilla leaves
- 3 chopped fresh onions
- Heat white porridge
- Put all the ingredients into hot porridge, eat slowly, it will help relieve cold and cough effectively.
How to treat cough with chives
Chives are a cheap food but contain a lot of beneficial nutrients for the body such as vitamins A, C, K, minerals (magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, folate) and antioxidants. Our immune system benefits from the abundant vitamin C content in shallot leaves.
This substance helps your body have a stronger resistance to cough-causing agents such as, and helps inflammation and swelling in the lining of the throat and respiratory tract heal quickly. In particular, the allicin in chives also acts like an antibiotic. It helps inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria without causing any side effects. In Oriental medicine, chives are also an important medicine in many remedies for cough and sore throat. This herb is warm, spicy and sweet, has antibacterial, moderate, gas support, and expectorant properties.
Drinking chives water to cure cough, difficulty swallowing: Cough is often accompanied by a feeling of sore throat, difficulty swallowing. To overcome this situation, you can drink fresh chives juice. Dosage and administration are as follows:
Material: 12-24g fresh chives leaves.
- Leaves quickly pick up the leaves that are shriveled or diseased, washed and soaked in salt water. After 15 minutes, take it out and let it dry.
- Chop chives into small pieces, put them in a blender and puree them
- Add 1 cup of warm water, stir the mixture well, filter the juice
- Divide the water of shallot leaves and drink 2-3 times a day
Cure cough with marjoram leaves
Marjoram belongs to the lily family, often grows in mountainous areas, wasteland or sunny places. It is used as a raw vegetable in daily meals. Not only that, from ancient times, folk have known to use this leaf to treat many respiratory diseases such as sinusitis, sore throat, cough.
Using marjoram leaves to treat cough, you can do it very simply by boiling water to drink as daily tea or combine with a few other medicinal herbs to treat diseases.
How to use marjoram leaves as an effective cough remedy:
- Some fresh marjoram leaves,
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- Marjoram leaves are washed.
- Take a kettle, pour some water in and bring to a boil, then add marjoram leaves to boil.
- After about 5 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- When the water has cooled, add honey and stir well to use.
- Use this water to drink instead of tea daily, regular application will bring good effects.
How to use mint leaves to treat cough
Mint leaves have a cool taste, have high antiseptic properties, so it is considered a medicine. If you have a cough, you can use mint leaves to treat it because it is very effective. Users can make mint leaf syrup, drink it well, use it with other medicinal herbs, etc.
- Some fresh mint leaves
- Lemon, rock sugar
- Step 1: Cook rock sugar with a little water to dissolve sugar.
- Step 2: Wash mint leaves, drain. After the sugar water boils, put the mint leaves in the pot to boil.
- Step 3: Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl. When the water turns green, add the lemon juice to the pot. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Step 4: Let the solution cool, put it in a glass jar. Store the syrup in the refrigerator, for later use.
- Both lemon and mint have an antiseptic effect on the throat. Peppermint helps clear the throat, cool the throat. People with cough can drink mint lemon syrup to disinfect and improve cough.
Use golden comb leaves to cure cough
According to traditional medicine, golden comb has the effect of clearing heat, detoxifying, laxative, and anti-inflammatory. Often used to decoction daily to cure diseases. Modern medicine has shown that the yellow comb contains many biologically active substances such as steroids, flavonoids, quercetin, etc., which are very good for health.
- Steroids: Has antiseptic effect, except for inflammation, prevents the growth of cancer cells, strengthens the body’s immune system and regenerates new cells.
- Quercetin: has the ability to increase the strength of blood vessels, anti-oxidant, increase the ability to eliminate toxins, reduce inflammation, antibacterial.
Cure cough and sore throat with golden comb is a well-known folk method with the advantages of fast, safe and painless treatment. Use yellow comb to treat sore throat: Many people use yellow comb to treat sore throat with very good results, even though the disease has turned chronic. Here are some effective treatments you can refer to.
- Golden comb leaves
- Take the leaves of the yellow comfrey plant and wash it with salt water to remove bacteria, drain
- Cut the leaves into bite-sized pieces
- Chew the sanded leaves with a little salt in your mouth for about 10 minutes
- When the yellow comb leaves release water, suck and swallow slowly, spit out the residue
- Do this 3 times a day for effective results
Note: When performing sore throat treatment with this method, you should suck and swallow water slowly, they will flow and penetrate into the throat mucosa to reduce the burning pain caused by the disease.
Basil leaves for cough for babies, children and adults
Use Basil leaves for cough is one of the safe cough remedies that are applied by many people and bring significant effectiveness. However, this method is only effective when applied correctly and at the right dose for each subject.
According to Traditional Medicine, Basil leaves are spicy, mild aroma. Has the effect of sweating, diuretic, pain relief, blood circulation, stimulating absorption. The fruit is spicy and sweet, cool, has the effect of clearing heat, except for apricot membranes, bright eyes. The whole body of basil is used to treat coughs, sore throats, stuffy noses, headaches, bloating, indigestion, expectorants, milk benefits…According to scientific studies, basil is rich in iron, potassium, calcium, and vitamin C. and K, essential oils, fiber… Therefore, basil has the ability to stimulate digestion, improve appetite, protect the liver, reduce indigestion, diarrhea, and nausea. Not only that, basil also contains a large amount of caffeic acid in essential oils to help strengthen the immune system, prevent some cancers such as mouth cancer, breast cancer… In particular, basil also has antibacterial properties. , kill bacteria, fungi to help fight respiratory infections, whooping cough, cough with phlegm, flu, bronchitis.
How to treat cough with basil: Depending on each object and each symptom, there are different ways to treat cough. Specifically: Parents can conduct cough treatment for infants by tonic through basil and star fruit. This method is implemented as follows:
- 2 sour star fruit
- 1 bunch of basil only the flowers and young leaves
- 50g rock sugar (can be replaced with honey)
- First, get the star fruit and squeeze out the water. Flowers and basil leaves are crushed, add a bowl of filtered water to squeeze out the juice that has just been pounded.
- Mix basil leaves with star fruit juice, add prepared alum sugar, steam for at least 1 hour.
- Keep the fire simmering, after 30 minutes, open the lid to taste, if it’s sour, add a little sugar to make it easy for your baby to drink.
- Wait for the water to thicken, then decant it into a clean glass jar, store it in the refrigerator for later use.
- Use a small spoon to dip the water into the mouth for the child to suck on his own, done 3 times a day to significantly improve the baby’s cough.
Although it is a method that is evaluated by many people as bringing positive effects to the treatment of cough, dry cough, cough with phlegm. However, Using basil leaves to treat cough can only be used in mild cases, when the condition is new.
Cure cough with river bone leaves
River bone leaves are not only a spice that helps to increase the attractiveness of dishes, but it is also considered a valuable medicine that can cure many different diseases. In Oriental medicine, river bone leaves have the effect of tonic, anti-bronchospasm, sputum treatment, abdominal bloating, vomiting, blood stagnation, etc. Applies to both adults and children.
Cure cough with river bone leaves:
- 2-3 leaves of river bone
- 5 spoon of honey
- Leaves of river bones are washed, soaked in dilute salt water
- Finely chop the dew leaves, steam them with honey or steam them in a water bath until they are finely cooked
- Squeeze the juice for the baby to drink
- Children should be given 2 times a day, only 1-2 spoons each time
- Use it for 5 days in a row and it will run out
- Give children a drink of steamed river dew leaves with honey to treat coughs.
How to treat cough with thick fenugreek (lemon basil)
Spinach is a plant belonging to the lily family (Lamiaceae) with the scientific name Plectranthus amboinicus (Coleus amboinicus). As one of the herbaceous plants grown around the house for the purpose of cooking, helping to eliminate the fishy smell of fish when cooking soup, the plant is also used as a medicine to treat cough.
Spinach is one of the effective and benign cough suppressants thanks to its large amount of essential oils containing carvacrol and colein. In addition to its healing and cough-reducing effects, fenugreek also helps strengthen the patient’s resistance, helping to protect the body from the attack of bacteria and viruses that cause diseases in the respiratory tract and intestinal tract.
How to treat cough with thick herbs (lemon basil):
- Rock sugar: 20 grams
- Foliage: 20 grams
- The thick fenugreek has been washed and chopped into small pieces
- Then put it in a cup and add boiling water
- Next, add rock sugar and close the lid for 15 minutes
- How to use: Strain the water from the thick leaves of the fenugreek leaves, divide it into two and drink it during the day. With the treatment of cough with thick herbs, the patient only needs to do it regularly every day and after only a few days of use, the cough symptoms will decrease markedly.
Cure cough with chamomile
According to traditional medical documents, chrysanthemum has a slightly bitter taste, cool properties, strong aroma, and is non-toxic. Has the effect of peace of mind, clears the fire, supports the treatment of long-term cough, bronchitis, persistent cough, dry cough, cough with phlegm. In addition, chrysanthemum can also soothe the throat quickly, which is suitable for treating coughs and sore throats for young children.
How to treat cough with chamomile:
- 20 grams of chrysanthemum
- 2 spoon of honey
- Take 20 grams of chrysanthemum vegetables, pick them up, only take the leaves and young stems, and put them in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and then steam for 10-15 minutes, then take out and drink both the water and the female.
- Do it twice a day, in the morning and evening, for 2 week in a row to help reduce cough effectively.
How to use lettuce to treat cough?
In traditional medicine, lettuce is used as a medicine with the name of fish essence. This medicinal herb has a cool, sour taste, has the ability to enter the Can and Lung meridians to help cool the body, support liver detoxification, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, disinfecting, and emphysema. Therefore, lettuce is often present in remedies for dermatological diseases, hemorrhoids, constipation and some respiratory diseases such as cough, sore throat, pneumonia.
Some modern studies show:
- Lettuce decoction is effective against pneumococcal and bacterial strains such as Streptoccocus pneumonia or Staphylococcus aureus, and inhibits the growth of influenza virus and human echo virus. Tests on mice with tuberculosis showed that those with the disease who drank a decoction of this vegetable had a lower mortality rate.
- For the respiratory system, subcutaneous administration of Houttuynia cordata extract has been shown to have a cough-reducing effect. Using a decoction of lettuce in high doses has also shown a good effect on cases of lung abscess.
- In addition, this vegetable also contains a lot of vitamin C and compounds methylnonylketon, quercitrin, decanonylacetaldehyde, alkaloids. They have antioxidant, antibacterial effects, stimulate wound healing and improve the body’s immune system.
How to use lettuce for cough: To relieve cough and improve related uncomfortable symptoms, you can refer to the following:
Material: 1 bunch of lettuce
- Lettuce picks fresh leaves and young tops, washes them, and soaks them in salt water for 15 minutes to remove bacteria. Take it out to drain
- Puree the lettuce with 1 glass of water in a blender
- Filter drinking water. When drinking, it is recommended to sip slowly little by little so that the substances in the lettuce can penetrate deeply into the throat mucosa to best promote the ability to disinfect and cut off the cough.
- Frequency of implementation: Apply 1-2 times a day, drink 1 glass each time. You can add a little sugar to make it easier to drink.