Thang Long High School
- Address: No. 44 – Ta Quang Buu – Hai Ba Trung District – Hanoi
From 1920 in Hanoi, there was a private school called Thang Long that studied to the general level (equivalent to level II) and in 1935 it was expanded to the baccalaureate level (equivalent to high school now). Thang Long has been famous for a long time because it has gathered many patriotic intellectuals who are teachers of the school and trained many students who later became revolutionary soldiers, holding many leadership positions in organizations. Party and government.
The 48-year journey has gone through many historical stages with the whole country: the period of anti-American struggle for national salvation 1965-1970, the transition from war to peace 1970-1975 and the period of national reunification and the whole country moving forward. Socialism, the school’s staff and students, under the leadership of generations of teachers, the principal and the school’s management team have constantly grown and achieved many achievements.
Up to now, the team of teachers are all qualified and above standards, with a sense of responsibility, honesty, solidarity, always seeking creativity, overcoming all difficulties, successfully completing teaching and working tasks. The school’s managers are experienced, energetic, enthusiastic, dare to think, dare to do, dare to take responsibility and are trusted by the masses. For many years, the quality of teaching and learning of the school has always been maintained, although the school still has many difficulties: the school is located in Hai Ba Trung district, the economic life of the majority of the population is uneven. Many students have difficult and special circuTaxances. The school’s facilities are still lacking, the campus is narrow with an area of 4900m2, so the playground and training ground for students are limited. However, the school’s Board of Education still strives to overcome all difficulties and achieve outstanding achievements.
The school is always interested in innovating teaching and learning methods in a positive and creative way. As a school with discipline and good educational practices, both moral and intellectual. The rate of passing high school graduation every year increases gradually from 99-100 %. The rate of students who pass to universities and colleges every year is from 75 to 80%. In the 2004-2005 school year, two students passed university with a maximum score of 30/30 (not including bonus points).
The school always pays attention to spearheading education, in 5 years (2000-2005), the school has 660 students won prizes in the City’s excellent student competitions, of which 19 students won the first prize, 9 students were able to participate in the study. National excellent students and all 9 winners, (1 first prize, 3 second prizes), 1 student participated in the international OLYMPIC competition in Biology. In the school year 2010 – 2011 Thang Long High School has 1195 students who won the title of GOOD STUDENT, out of a total of 2051 students in the whole school, accounting for 58,3%. In which, there are 101 students who won the title of EXCELLENT STUDENT, have good grade and average score of 9,0 or higher in all subjects. In the school year 2012 – 2013, the school had two students who won the National Prize: 1 second prize in English and 1 third prize in Literature. Especially in the INTEL ISEF Science and Technology Competition (2011-2012), the school has: + Won the City Competition: 5 topics. In which: 2 first prizes, 3 third prizes. + Won the National Competition Award: 3 topics. In which: 1 third prize, 2 KK prizes + There are 2 projects receiving awards and certificates from the Association of Technical Sciences and the American Environmental Science Association. The school always cares, encourages, encourages and creates conditions for teachers to be trained to improve their professional qualifications in many forms, especially young ones. Currently, the school has many masters, 2 political seniors, 2 excellent teachers, 406 times of teaching and learning at all levels, 4 primary schools, 1 teacher who has been awarded certificates of merit by the Prime Minister.
Tran Phu High School
- Address: 23 Quang Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Tran Phu High School was originally a Petit Lycée school designed by architect CG Lichtenfelder, built in 1907. Initially, this was an elementary school for girls, then a high school. In 1960, the school was divided into two shifts, Hoan Kiem High School in the morning and Tran Phu High School in the afternoon. In 1995, the two schools merged, taking the name Tran Phu High School. In February 2, the school changed its name to Tran Phu – Hoan Kiem High School (to distinguish it from a school of the same name in Hanoi).
The school consists of two blocks, in which the two-storey block faces Hai Ba Trung Street; The one-story workshop block and laboratories are opposite, a large yard away. The U-shaped main building consists of two floors, with two wings extending forward. In the middle, there is a corridor with a tiled roof, welcoming from the school gate leading to the main hall.
- Third Class Labor Medal 1965
- Third Class Labor Medal 1990
- 2000 Second Class Labor Medal.
- Tran Phu High School has many famous people who have attended such as: the late General Secretary Truong Chinh, Lao Prince Souphanouvong, Professor Ho Dac Di, writers Thach Lam, Vu Bang…
Luong The Vinh Tourism High School
- Facility A: C5 Nam Trung Yen, Hanoi (after BigC supermarket and Vimexco building, Tran Duy Hung street)
- Facility 1: Yen Xa Village, Tan Trieu Commune, Thanh Tri, Hanoi
Luong The Vinh High School was established on June 01, 06 under the decision of the Hanoi People’s Committee, led by teacher Van Nhu Cuong as the principal. From the first school year (1989-1989) with 1990 high school students, up to now, the school has more than 800 students in both grades. Since its inception, the school has always maintained the dual training goal: “Comprehensive education for students to pass the graduation exam and best prepare students for the entrance exam to universities and colleges”. The school’s motto is “true teaching – real learning”.
- True teaching: Understanding the decisive role of the teacher in the success or failure of the educational career – The school always ensures a group of teachers with good moral qualities, dedication to the profession, experience and ability. deep expertise.
The curriculum of each class is composed of two parts: the High School program and the University exam preparation program, but those two parts are logically integrated in each class. In each lesson, in addition to the general requirements like in other National schools, there is one more requirement for students: to reach the level that can take the entrance exams to the University. Therefore, the end-of-term exams are often more difficult than the general regulations of the Department of Education. The school’s program ensures that students do not have to take extra lessons of any kind.
- Real learning: it is learning not to get points to gain knowledge simply but to learn to acquire knowledge, creative skills, processing skills and global adaptability.
The school always attaches importance to fostering students’ self-study ability at both levels, improving their independence and taking responsibility for themselves. In addition to learning culture, the school always organizes coordinated educational activities to create people who live knowledgeable, healthy and beautiful lives. Basketball, Football, dance sport clubs, youth volunteer activities, extra-curricular activities, Arts, Relief trips, Charity… help Luong The Vinh students to be active and develop more comprehensive development.
Always focus on building a healthy educational environment combining School, Family and Society, preventing and combating the penetration of social evils and negative phenomena into the school – Truong Luong The Vinh actually partially overcome the situation of only paying attention to words and not caring about teaching people. Over 20 years of development with achievements, Luong The Vinh High School is “highly appreciated by the society” and has become a “trust brand” of parents and students who aspire to a successful career. overview.
From the early years of establishment, the school location had to be rented and borrowed with difficulties and hardships in terms of facilities, but teachers and students of Luong The Vinh school always overcome and overcome difficulties with the slogan “If you have a will, you should”. Up to now, the school has had a spacious building of its own at C5 Nam Trung Yen – partly meeting the continuous growth of the school.
Secondary school level:
- 100% graduation rate
- High school entrance exam scores (according to statistics and classification of Hanoi Education and Training Department) in recent years have been ranked in the top 3 schools with the highest average scores in Mathematics and Literature.
High School Level:
- In recent years, all have graduated 100% (especially in one year, Luong The Vinh was the only school in Hanoi that graduated 100%)
- Admission results to universities usually reach 92%
- According to the statistics of the Ministry of Education and Training on the ranking of high schools (excluding specialized schools) with university entrance exam scores from high to low.
- 2009-2010: LTV ranked 7th nationwide, 2nd in Hanoi
- 2010-2011: LTV ranked 7th nationwide, 1nd in Hanoi
Yen Hoa High School
- Address: Lane 251 Nguyen Khang, Yen Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Yen Hoa High School II – III was established in 1960, the first school year there were only two grades of 8. In 1961, the school was officially named Yen Hoa High School. The image of the school in those old years was the image of a small school with a row of four-level houses with tiled roofs and thatched roofs. From that idyllic school, the good traditions of the school were gradually formed.
Entering the challenging years of fighting against the US to save the country, teachers and students of Yen Hoa tried their best to emulate “good teaching and good learning”. For 5 consecutive years (1965-1970), the school was continuously recognized as an advanced school against the US to save the country by the Hanoi Department of Education. In addition, the school also received the Certificate of Merit from the Ministry of Education, Hanoi People’s Committee and Prime Minister Pham Van Dong. From the roof of Yen Hoa school, hundreds of students entered the fierce battle with the enemies of the nation. Among those brave people, there are many soldiers who have made heroic achievements, such as the elite American-killer hero Nguyen Cuu Viet, jet pilot Nguyen Xuan Hien…. Many of these soldiers sacrificed their lives. such as Mr. Nguyen Van Gia, Nguyen Kim Photo… especially brightens up the image of martyr Vuong Dinh Cung, a heroic soldier, an example for young generations across the country to study. In this day and age, the young Vietnamese generation is always touched by the diary entries “Forever in my twenties” of martyr Nguyen Van Thac, a former student of Yen Hoa High School.
The country was unified, in 1975 the school moved to Yen Quyet village – Yen Hoa commune (current location). Although there are still many difficulties, teachers and students of Yen Hoa High School are still determined to well implement Uncle Ho’s teaching “No matter what the circuTaxances, we must emulate good teaching and learning well”. In 10 years (1975 – 1985), the school won the title of Excellent Advanced School 3 times in a row, and received the Emulation Flag of the Hanoi People’s Committee twice. In 2, the school was honored to be awarded the Third Class Labor Medal by the State Council.
In 1993, the school was rebuilt, the facilities, the system of classrooms, the function rooms of the school are more and more complete and modern. Promoting that strength, the school’s Board of Education has promoted the cause of “planting people” to a new height. In 1999, the University was awarded the Third Class Labor Medal for the second time. From the school year 1992-1993 up to now, the School has continuously maintained the banner of excellence.
- In the 2003-2004 school year, together with 6 schools in the city, Yen Hoa High School has piloted the second division.
- In the 2005-2006 school year, Yen Hoa High School was honored to be awarded the Second Class Labor Medal by the Party and State.
Through two times of piloting the division, teachers in the school have gained a lot of experience in the new teaching method according to the new requirements. Many teachers have been invited by the Ministry of Education and Training to develop sample lesson plans for nationwide use, write a system of test questions, design lessons, etc. Some teachers are also invited by the Ministry of Education and Training to participate. Participated in the National Council for Appraisal of Programs, Textbooks, Teaching Equipments, participated in writing professional documents.
Over the past 50 years, Yen Hoa High School has experienced many hardships and challenges, but it is also proud of its glory. The school deserves the trust and attention of leaders, parents, and local people. . Worthy of being the bright spot of the education industry in the capital. With these achievements, Yen Hoa High School in 2006 was ranked 25th by the Ministry of Education and Training with the best training quality in the country. In 100, the school ranked high in Hanoi with high university exam scores. In 2007, the school ranked 2008/100 schools with the highest university entrance exam scores in the country and ranked in the top 200 non-specialized high schools in Hanoi with the highest university exam scores.
Specialization in Linguistics VNU University of Languages
- Address: Pham Van Dong Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Established in 1969 under the decision of the Minister of Education and Training, High School for Foreign Languages under the University of Foreign Languages - Vietnam National University, Hanoi is one of the most prestigious high schools in the world. top quality training in Vietnam.
The school belongs to the system of public schools located in Hanoi city, under the management of the University of Foreign Languages - VNU Hanoi in terms of organization, personnel, facilities and finance. The school is under the management of the Hanoi Department of Education and Training in terms of programs, teaching plans, high school graduation exams and graduation diplomas.
Every year, the school trains about 1400-1500 students selected from all over the country. The school’s students are students who specialize in languages: English, Russian, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, and Korean. Since 2008, students of the school have been able to learn a second foreign language according to their wishes. The school implements the educational program according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training. This program is always supported to improve foreign language ability for specialized students. The school aims to train students who are good at foreign languages and strong in high school cultural subjects. Parallel with the task of teaching culture is orienting the development of qualities and equipping students with necessary life skills for life.
In addition to specialized foreign languages (one of seven languages: English, Russian, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, and Korean), students have the opportunity to learn a second foreign language according to their wishes. From the 2-2009 school year, the school started implementing a project to teach science subjects in foreign languages. Currently, the school organizes teaching Maths in English for students in grades 2010 and 10. From the school year 11-2017, the school organizes teaching physical education subjects in the form of clubs; national security education subject in the form of concentrated study at the Center for National Defense and Security Education, VNU-HN in Hoa Lac. From the school year 2018-2018, the subject of Informatics has been renewed in teaching content with studying and taking the MOS certification exam. The model of specialized foreign language classes is organized according to the input level of students synchronously in all specialized subjects applied from this school year.
Hanoi – ATaxerdam High School
- Address: Hoang Minh Giam, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Hanoi – ATaxerdam High School provides training in two systems:
- Secondary school system: The school selects students who have the ability to enter from grade 6. Over the past 4 years, teachers have improved their academic and moral abilities to be able to enter the 10th grade high school entrance exam. Hanoi – ATaxerdam.
- High school system: Students entering grade 10 must pass a rigorous entrance exam organized by the Department of Education and Training. Grade 10 has specialized systems: Literature, Mathematics, Information, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Russian, English, French. These students must study comprehensively and meet the requirements quite well in all subjects on the basis of which they invest in specialized subjects to participate in National and International competitions for excellent students. After three years of study, most of the children go to their favorite universities. Some students are allowed to study abroad and receive scholarships.
Training methods: Hanoi – ATaxerdam High School implements the following training methods:
- Recruit excellent students to enter.
- Teachers focus intellectually, improve the quality of teaching effectiveness.
- Innovating teaching methods, taking students as the center.
- Stimulate students’ enthusiasm, curiosity, and independent thinking.
- Check regularly, encourage timely, properly assess the ability of students.
- Take the lead in guiding students to do experiments and practice with modern equipment.
- Create many unique teaching forms such as organizing English and Russian clubs, establishing student companies, business administration classes according to GLOBE (USA) curriculum…
- Bringing students to study at factories, scientific institutes, and hospitals.
- Applying many teaching management measures such as: inspecting time, visiting classes, collecting opinions from students’ parents, the Youth Union, opinions of the general office, the department, the institute… to improve the quality. Teaching.
- The school pays attention to moral education for students.
- The school remembers the old saying: “Fairy studies ceremony, after learning literature” of the ancients and Uncle Ho’s teaching: “Having talent without virtue is useless” in order to train students’ character and morality.
- Ethical education through lessons, especially in civics, literature, history… Lectures have educational content on revolutionary tradition, nation, ideals, and love I love my family, my friends, I love my country.
- Educating ethics and traditions through extracurricular activities such as organizing visits to museums and historical sites.
- The role of the student’s parent council is emphasized. The school is a leader in the combination of education between School – Family – Society.
Chu Van An High School
- Address: No. 10 Thuy Khue Street, Thuy Khue Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Chu Van An High School (formerly known as Buoi School) was established by the French government in 1908. Over a century passed with many ups and downs of history, the name Buoi – Chu Van An school has always existed in the world. In the hearts of many generations of students, teachers, and in the hearts of the people of the Capital with the image of a peaceful and poetic school on the banks of West Lake, and especially, imprinted in everyone’s mind as the cradle of the tradition of “Patriotism – Revolution – Good Teaching – Good Studying”.
In 1995, Chu Van An School proudly became one of the three national key high schools. Along with the national education sector entering the renovation period, Chu Van An National High School still retains the ancient and pristine features of more than a century ago, while preserving the tradition of “Patriotism – Revolution – Good Teaching”. – Study well” but also a modern and dynamic educational environment, meeting the new requirements of education in the integration period, in the era of knowledge economy.
Over 20 years of the journey of self-renewal and self-affirmation, this school roof bearing the color of West Lake is both beautiful and ancient with green trees, red tiles, mossy walls, and youthful, modern and dynamic in all aspects: The school is recognized as the Asean Ecological School; The school’s students not only continue the achievement of Good Teaching – Good Studying with National Excellent Student Awards, National and International Scientific Research Awards, etc., but also creative, flexible and smart with activities. Comprehensive education. The series of colorful Sparkling activities, cultural and sports activities… All have honored a young generation of teachers and students of Buoi – Chu Van An school.
Teachers and students of Chu Van An High School are taking firm steps, constantly improving their capacity and always facing challenges, ready to accept new opportunities in the XNUMXst century. In the way ahead, Chu Van An High School has always been a reliable educational address for generations of students, teachers, parents, domestic and international educators.
During the 2015-2016 school year, the school was awarded a Certificate of Merit by the Ministry of Education and Training for its outstanding achievements in the emulation movement in the 2010-2015 period; Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee awarded the title of “Excellent Labor Collective” to the school’s pedagogical collective; The Director of Hanoi Department of Education and Training awarded the title of “Advanced Labor Collective” to 2 professional groups: Biology – State Audit, Informatics; 21 teachers won the title of Emulation Soldier at grassroots level. And the good news comes from the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year, in the city’s 12th grade excellent students selection exam held in September, 9 students won prizes, of which 189 students participated in the exam. National competition for excellent students.
Especially, in these days, with the attention of the leaders of Hanoi city, teachers and students of the school are actively building and implementing the project “Granting dual degrees” of National High School and International High School. Students applying for the entrance exam to this program will graduate from high school with two degrees: the National High School Diploma according to the Vietnamese program and the Baccalaureate diploma of the A-level program issued by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). It is expected that, starting from the 2018-2019 school year, Chu Van An High School will enroll the first course for this training model. This is an important transformation of the ancient school to meet the task of training high-quality human resources for the capital and the country in the integration trend. Chu Van An High School will become the first public high school of Hanoi City, as well as the whole country, to implement the international standard training model.
Viet Duc High School
- Address: 47 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Tran Hung Dao Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City
Viet Duc High School was established on March 03, 3 at 1955 Ly Thuong Kiet – Hoan Kiem District – Hanoi.
The first principal of the school: Mr. Pham Quang Hieu.
Period 1955-1960: The school was named: Hanoi 2-3 High School. Consisting of about 900 students, including middle and high school students (children of officers and soldiers who took over Hanoi capital), students from the South, and college students.
The first and only school in Hanoi after liberation (October 10) implemented the educational program: Revolution, Independence, Democracy.
- The school has received support from the German Government and People.
- On June 14, 6, Uncle Ho visited and praised and encouraged the school’s achievements.
Period 1960-1965: School named: High School 3 (AB)
- Well implement the goal of training new people – socialist people. Learning with practice.
- The school was visited by General Secretary of the Party Truong Chinh and praised the achievements of the teachers and students.
Period 1965-1970: School named: Hanoi AB
- The school dispersed into small branches, maintaining learning in the rural areas around Hanoi, ensuring good learning during the destructive war in the North.
- Many teachers and students set out to join the resistance war to protect the Fatherland and liberate the South and reunify the country.
- The school was visited by Prime Minister Pham Van Dong and well followed the Prime Minister’s teaching: “… Must organize school graduation, class graduation…”
Period 1975-1997: School named: Viet Duc – Ly Thuong Kiet
- Well implement emulation movement: Teach well – Study well.
- Trained many good students, won many awards in international and national competitions for excellent students in subjects: Physics, Russian Literature, Literature.
- The school has been awarded a certificate of merit by the Government.
Period from 1997 to present: School named: Viet Duc High School
- One of the largest schools in Hanoi.
- Every year, nearly 1000 students graduate, the graduation rate is from 99,9% to 100%, the rate of admission to universities and colleges is nearly 80%.
- Won many awards in Sports and Arts. In particular, the school’s students have won Gold and Silver medals in sports competitions in Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Achieved the goal of training students with high quality, comprehensive quality.
- Continuously achieve many titles: Advanced School, Excellent Advanced.
- The school was visited by Ms. Nguyen Thi Binh – Vice President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Mr. Pham The Duyet – UVBCT of the Party Central Committee.
- In 1998, the school was awarded the 3rd Class Labor Medal by the State.
Kim Lien High School
- Address: No. 1, Lane 4C, Dang Van Ngu Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi
Through 40 years of efforts in educational activities, overcoming difficulties and lack of facilities, Kim Lien High School has built a solid reputation as one of the top 1 high schools in the capital. comprehensive education quality is constantly improving and become a reliable address for parents and students across the city and the country. Continuously from 5 to now, it is the only public non-specialized high school in Hanoi to reach the top 2008 in the ranking of 50 national high schools with the highest university entrance exam scores in the country. The pride of the school is a strong motivation for generations of teachers and students to continue to light the fire of tradition, constantly striving for Kim Lien High School to always maintain its good position.
Scale of development: 45 classes, about 1900 students.
- Newly built a 7-storey principal building, including functional departments, subject laboratories, and working rooms of specialized groups, which are fully equipped with modern and comfortable equipment to meet teaching requirements. teaching, learning and working of officials, teachers, staff and students in the school.
- Renovating and purchasing new equipment for 30 classrooms of all three 4-storey buildings A, B, C including projectors, sound systems, standard tables and chairs…
- Install a camera system in the classroom hallway.
- Redo the schoolyard.
- Currently, there are 38 staff and teachers with doctorate and master degrees (35%), striving to reach 50%.
- Currently, there are 35 officials, teachers and employees who are Party members (33%), striving to reach 50%.
- Implement a model of high-quality high school education under the direction of the Ministry of Education and Training, the Hanoi People’s Committee, the Department of Education and Training, focusing on comprehensive development education for students; pay attention to fostering and building a contingent of qualified and above-standard staff and teachers.
- Focusing on career orientation for students through the selection of subjects suitable to the requirements of the field of study at the university and college level.
- Promote soft skills education for students through activities of student interest clubs.
- Cooperate with international educational institutions and organizations to deploy English programs for teachers and students to improve their level to meet the requirements of society and some Japanese classes under the direction of the Department. Education and Training Hanoi.
- Expand international educational cooperation through exchange programs, cultural exchanges, study abroad and foreign language courses with countries in the region and the world.
Quality of education:
- Maintain 100% graduation rate.
- The percentage of students who pass university is about 86%, standing in the TOP 5 schools with the highest university exam results in Hanoi, in the TOP 50 schools with the highest university exam results in the country.
- Many students won high scholarships to study abroad.
- To strive: * In the following years, to be continuously awarded Emulation Flags, Certificates of Merit for excellent units by the Government or the Ministry of Education and Training or the Hanoi People’s Committee.
- Won the title of Excellent Advanced Unit of Hanoi Department of Education and Training for consecutive years.
Specializing in Chemistry, National University, Hanoi
- Address: 144 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
As a unit under the High School for the Gifted (University of Science – VNU), students of the Chemistry High School have achieved many proud achievements in national and international Chemistry Olympiads. High School for the Gifted (under the University of Science and Technology – VNU) is one of three high schools in Hanoi that is not under the administrative management of the Hanoi Department of Education and Training. In 1965, the Maths division was the first established; then specializing in Physics; specialized in Informatics; Chemistry and Biology.
High School for the Gifted of Science has always been the cradle of discovering and fostering gifted students of the whole country. Over the years, students of the School have played a pivotal role in the teams and achieved high results in national and international competitions for excellent students. The school is also recognized as the most successful school in Vietnam in terms of the number of medals as well as awards achieved in the national excellent student competitions, the International Olympiad and the regional Olympic competitions. The school’s specialized blocks are also always in the top 200 schools with the highest average score of university entrance exams in Vietnam.
The High School for the Gifted in Chemistry was established in 1992, led by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dao Huu Vinh. Block is a subject under the Department of Chemistry of the University of Science and Technology, VNU. From the early days of establishment, the block has received the support of the teaching staff of the Department of Chemistry. Many professors, associate professors, doctorates … in the Department of Chemistry and other faculties of the University (Mathematics, Physics, Biology…) directly teach.
In 1996, after Assoc. Prof.Dr. Dao Huu Vinh retired, Mr. Tran Thach Van (at that time the Vice President of the High School for the Gifted) was elected as the Head of the Department. Inheriting Mr. Vinh’s enthusiasm, Mr. Van constantly strives to build the block, continuously improves the quality of the candidates’ input and pays special attention to improving the quality of learning and teaching of the block through improving quality teaching staff.
In recent years, the Chemistry-specialized high school has always been in the Top 5 high schools with the highest average university entrance exam scores in the country (average score is about 22-25 points), with many valedictorians reaching 29, 30 points in the entrance exam. Hanoi Foreign Trade University, University of Science and Technology, Hanoi Medical University, member universities and affiliated faculties of VNU… In addition, the block also won many medals in competitions. National and international Chemistry Olympiad. The percentage of students of the block receiving scholarships at foreign universities (USA, UK, Australia, …) has a school year up to nearly 30%.
In 1996, a delegation of Vietnamese students participated in the Chemistry Olympiad for the first time in Moscow. Since then, students from the Chemistry Division have won 8 Gold Medals (out of a total of 10 Gold Medals in Vietnam), 9 Silver Medals and 3 Bronze Medals at international Chemistry Olympiads. In particular, student Vu Minh Chau for two consecutive years 2008, 2009 won the Gold Medal.
The University of Science and Technology (VNU) is the host of the 46th International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO 46), taking place from 20 to 29 July 07. It is expected that 2014 delegations from 77 countries and territories (77 delegations with students and 75 observers) will participate in this peak competition of young chemistry talents.